REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   18 points violation (https://www.revscene.net/forums/682797-18-points-violation.html)

rayugi 04-10-2013 01:30 PM

18 points violation

Okay sooo................... it happened in Richmond on Dec 25th 2011 christmas...what a great day. It was around 3 am at my friends house. Its getting late so i decide to leave when suddenly 5 people popped up out of nowhere and they alll needed a ride back home and of course my license is still "N". I dont know what came over me but i decided to be Santa Claus and accepted them all in my toyota sienna(best van ever). Ok so as i leave my friend's neighbourhood i had this sudden fucked up urge to swerve into all lanes including the opposing lane since the whole street was empty. oh and also i was going 40km above the speed limit. And i had 5 people with me. Of course after doing all that, my rear view mirror started shining with pretty lights telling me that my adventure was to be put in immediate halt. There i knew i stopped with my toyota ABS brakes that i would get fucked so hard i could hear the officer laughing from 100ft away as he would approach my car to fuck my tailpipe. Okay so basically i got 3 points for over carrying 4 people. 4 overcarries x 3 points = 12 pts. driving over speedlimit= 3 points, unable to stay on the right side of the lane = 3. Thats 18 points. I opted to do this dispute even though its not the one where you book a date to go to a court. They gave me an option to write a letter of admitting that this infact happened but asking to reduce the fine.

Fastforward now April 10 2013, its been a year and 3 months now and i still have not received any news about this incident. Could someone tell me what might be happening? Is there a chance that they would reduce the points? When the judge reads my letter will my license get revoked 100% for sure? Thanks in advance:okay:

fliptuner 04-10-2013 01:35 PM

If your letter is anything like your post, you should be just fine. :pokerface:

rayugi 04-10-2013 01:38 PM

By the way this is actually not a troll post, will they decide to revoke my license once my letter is going to be read? Or is there a slight chance in the world that they just felt so bad for me that the officer decided to cancel it?

Iceman-19 04-10-2013 01:39 PM

Wow. I am out of word.

Spidey 04-10-2013 01:39 PM

You can't have points reduced. You may ask for a fine reduction, but not points. The only time you will have points negated is if the ticket gets Amended to the registered owner and NOT the driver. Are you sure it is 3 points PER passenger you had, and not just one fine for driving contrary to your class 7 restrictions? Therefore, it is 9 points, not 18.

PS. The cop may have let you off the hook even if you were carrying over, but driving like an idiot, doesn't really help the cop give you the benefit of the doubt. I am surprised you didn't get the ASD demand. Or did you?

Spidey 04-10-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayugi (Post 8208615)
By the way this is actually not a troll post, will they decide to revoke my license once my letter is going to be read? Or is there a slight chance in the world that they just felt so bad for me that the officer decided to cancel it?

WTH? How old are you? How did you pass your Learner's test?

rayugi 04-10-2013 01:45 PM

From what i remember yes it was 3 points per overcarry. So does this mean that there are so many cases that it takes them more than a year to read my letter? Can officers cancel a case? What if he felt sorry for me because it was Christmas and i just looked so pitiful?
I even got my car towed for 3 days

rayugi 04-10-2013 01:46 PM

I am 19 dude and its not like i was not doing this on purpose because i was doing it on purpose >_>......................

LSF22 04-10-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayugi (Post 8208612)
Okay sooo................... it happened in Richmond on Dec 25th 2012 christmas...what a great day. It was around 3 am at my friends house. Its getting late so i decide to leave when suddenly 5 people popped up out of nowhere and they alll needed a ride back home and of course my license is still "N". I dont know what came over me but i decided to be Santa Claus and accepted them all in my toyota sienna(best van ever). Ok so as i leave my friend's neighbourhood i had this sudden fucked up urge to swerve into all lanes including the opposing lane since the whole street was empty. oh and also i was going 40km above the speed limit. And i had 5 people with me. Of course after doing all that, my rear view mirror started shining with pretty lights telling me that my adventure was to be put in immediate halt. There i knew i stopped with my toyota ABS brakes that i would get fucked so hard i could hear the officer laughing from 100ft away as he would approach my car to fuck my tailpipe. Okay so basically i got 3 points for over carrying 4 people. 4 overcarries x 3 points = 12 pts. driving over speedlimit= 3 points, unable to stay on the right side of the lane = 3. Thats 18 points. I opted to do this dispute even though its not the one where you book a date to go to a court. They gave me an option to write a letter of admitting that this infact happened but asking to reduce the fine.

Fastforward now April 10 2013 and i still havent had any news about this incident. Could someone tell me what might be happening? Is there a chance that they would reduce the points? When the judge reads my letter will my license get revoked 100% for sure? Thanks in advance:okay:

quoted just in case edit :pokerface:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayugi (Post 8208625)
I am 19 dude and its not like i was not doing this on purpose because i was doing it on purpose >_>......................

....and what? :suspicious:

rayugi 04-10-2013 01:51 PM

Sadly, i was doing it on purpose..

Peturbo 04-10-2013 01:52 PM

Shouldn't matter how many over you carry. It is still just one violation for driving contrary to restrictions.
I know this because I got ticket for it back when I was an "n" driver with 4 passengers.

Spidey 04-10-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayugi (Post 8208623)
From what i remember yes it was 3 points per overcarry. So does this mean that there are so many cases that it takes them more than a year to read my letter? Can officers cancel a case? What if he felt sorry for me because it was Christmas and i just looked so pitiful?
I even got my car towed for 3 days

You should call icbc and see if it is 3 pts per carry and not just one case of driving contrary to your restrictions. In order to have 3 pts per carry, you would also be fined the 100 something per passenger also, wouldn't you?

Take a picture of the VT you had (minus your personal info). I am curious as to how the ticket was written. Chances of it being thrown out or lost or forgotten is slim to none. These things take a while. If you are concerned, call ICBC.

Quote:

Yea, you were doing it on purpose, which makes you more of an idiot.

rayugi 04-10-2013 01:57 PM

i can't say im not an idiot because you are right :/

rayugi 04-10-2013 02:06 PM

I just checked the ICBC Website for overcarrying passengers: 25(15)
Drive contrary to restriction (e.g., not wearing corrective lenses)
$109
3 Points

Spidey 04-10-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayugi (Post 8208642)
I just checked the ICBC Website for overcarrying passengers: 25(15)
Drive contrary to restriction (e.g., not wearing corrective lenses)
$109
3 Points

Knew it. i don't know why you assumed it is 3 pts per passenger. Where do you get your info? I still hope you lose your licence though :)

jlenko 04-10-2013 02:12 PM

Wow... Merry Christmas, eh?

Sorry I can't help here.. but I am curious. How often did you do these kinds of things, carry more passengers (you stand-up guy, you!) contrary to restrictions, drive in the middle of the road, and speeding excessively? Like.. all the time, and finally got caught? Or this was your first time (if so, you unlucky bastard!)

That cop sure earned his quota that night..

rayugi 04-10-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlenko (Post 8208648)
Wow... Merry Christmas, eh?

Sorry I can't help here.. but I am curious. How often did you do these kinds of things, carry more passengers (you stand-up guy, you!) contrary to restrictions, drive in the middle of the road, and speeding excessively? Like.. all the time, and finally got caught? Or this was your first time (if so, you unlucky bastard!)

That cop sure earned his quota that night..

No haha i actually drive normally the whole time, i just decided to have fun at christmas and just got really unlucky, i only did this because the whole street was empty as far as my eyes could see..

yray 04-10-2013 09:30 PM

just give up your license :lawl:

edit: you sure the popo didn't give u dangerous driving for swerving around like a tard

sho_bc 04-10-2013 09:33 PM

Its been 4 months only. You will likely get your court date in 6-10 months from now. As for the points, you only broke your restriction for # of passengers once, so one charge of Driving Contrary to Restriction is 3 points. 1 charge of speeding (whichever section was used, aside from excessive) is 3 points. So a total of 6 points. Not sure what section the last charge is. Whats the charge section number?
Posted via RS Mobile

Vale46Rossi 04-10-2013 09:35 PM

Got a photocopy/scan of your ticket?

It will tell us a lot more, because it seems you can't comprehend anything.

CRS 04-10-2013 09:37 PM

I feel like we should have a post limit before you can create a thread or post in the Police forum on RS....

This'll prevent all these "first time posters" that registered on the same date knowing exactly where to go for posts like these.

Eff-1 04-10-2013 09:39 PM

Unless the officer actually charged you with 4 counts of driving contrary to restriction, which means he would have had to write it on the ticket 4 separate times. Assuming he only charged you with one count, then you will only get 3 points.

But on the other hand, if found guilty of the rest you'll still have 9 points which will likely get you prohibited for 2 months and you'll be stuck with $520 penalty point premium owing to ICBC.

rayugi 04-10-2013 09:46 PM

From what i remember i got 4 separate charges for each passenger i overcarried, i will post a pic of the ticket when i get a hold of it. Thanks for the reply guys

entrax 04-10-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

on purpose or not you made a decision. don't try to make it sound okay by saying you didn't do it on purpose. you knew you were breaking the rules by overcarrying already and you top it off with 40+ AND swerving three lanes? i'm pretty sure someone who does that does it with purpose.

on topic: if you were going 40+ and no one has mentioned that excessive speed is another 3 points.
speeding: 3 points
excessive speed: 3 points
unable to stay on right side: 3 points
driving contrary to restriction: 3 points.
(that's if you don't get hit on every extra passenger AND if the cop got you at 40 over)

Jegz 04-10-2013 10:36 PM

I once stuffed 13 ppl in my old dodge caravan (best van ever)