REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 04-10-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

working towards love?

ARE YOU WITH THE RIGHT PARTNER?

During a seminar, a woman asked," How do I know if I am with the right person?"

The author then noticed that there was a large man sitting next to her so he said, "It depends. Is that your partner?" In all seriousness, she answered "How do you know?" Let me answer this question because the chances are good that it's weighing on your mind
replied the author.

Here's the answer.

Every relationship has a cycle… In the beginning; you
fall in love with your partner. You anticipate their calls,
want their touch, and like their idiosyncrasies. Falling in love wasn't hard. In fact, it was a completely natural and spontaneous experience. You didn't have to DO anything. That's why it's called "falling" in love.

People in love sometimes say, "I was swept of my feet."Picture the expression. It implies that you were just standing there; doing nothing, and then something happened TO YOU.

Falling in love is a passive and spontaneous experience. But after a few months or years of being together, the euphoria of love fades. It's a natural cycle of EVERY relationship.

Slowly but surely, phone calls become a bother (if they come at all), touch is not always welcome (when it happens), and your spouse's idiosyncrasies, instead of being cute, drive you nuts. The symptoms of this stage vary with every relationship; you will notice a dramatic difference between the initial stage when you were in love and a much duller or even angry subsequent stage.

At this point, you and/or your partner might start asking, "Am I with the right person?" And as you reflect on the euphoria of the love you once had, you
may begin to desire that experience with someone
else. This is when relationships breakdown.

The key to succeeding in a relationship is not finding the right person; it's learning to love the person you found.

People blame their partners for their unhappiness and look outside for fulfillment. Extramarital fulfillment comes in all shapes and sizes.

Infidelity is the most common. But sometimes people turn to work, a hobby, friendship, excessive TV, or abusive substances. But the answer to this dilemma does NOT lie outside your relationship. It lies within it.

I'm not saying that you couldn't fall in love with someone else. You could. And TEMPORARILY you'd feel better. But you'd be in the same situation a few years later.

Because (listen carefully to this):

The key to succeeding in a Relationship is not finding the right person; it's learning to love the Person you found.

SUSTAINING love is not a passive or spontaneous experience. You have to work on it day in and day out. It takes time, effort, and energy. And most importantly, it demands WISDOM. You have to know
WHAT TO DO to make it work. Make no mistake about it.

Love is NOT a mystery. There are specific things you can do (with or without your partner), Just as there are physical laws Of the universe (such as gravity), there are also laws for relationships. If you know how to apply these laws, the results are predictable.

Love is therefore a "decision". Not just a feeling.

Remember this always: God determines who walks into your life. It is up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let GO! ♥

found that on a friend's fb page. what do you guys think? i think everyone's been through that stage in every relationship and it's not about it being handed to you. gotta work for it.

yameen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #2
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
inb4 god doesnt determine who walks into my life.

other then that, great article makes me think a little more

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2013, 09:12 AM   #3
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,344 Times in 972 Posts
i go back to telling my gf.... you DECIDE if you want to change ur bad attitudes or you decide you don't FEEL like doing this or doing that

you can decide the double standards where "if you want me to change, then you don't truly love me" bullshit.

that's not what they say when you break up with them and then they realize and promise you the world they will change....

fuckers.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #4
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
We live by this: Everyone chooses their own involvement.

And, I agree with luder...totally inb4 the god shit. Good read though
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #5
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
We live by this: Everyone chooses their own involvement.

And, I agree with luder...totally inb4 the god shit. Good read though
lol, I Thanked it... read the god line.. unthanked it.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #6
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
lol, I Thanked it... read the god line.. unthanked it.
meh, to each their own. i feel that not believing in a higher being makes me more responsible for my choices in life.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #7
nma
#RVG

lol yeah great article except the last line ruined it..
nma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: