REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 04-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Going to China

So I am traveling to Guangzhou for a few days. I have 3 days free but when I applied for my visa I got a single entry. Now I wanted to visit Macau and HK so clearly I should have gotten a multiple entry visa. What are my options now? Leaving sunday.

Any other tips for a first time visiter to China?

I'm excited!
Advertisement
ws6ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
You can get a new visa when you go to HK, in as little as one day for extra fees
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
You can get a new visa when you go to HK, in as little as one day for extra fees
I want to go in the morning and come back the same day. is this possible? is it possible to apply while im' still in china or do I need to leave china get into hk and start the process?

thanks!
Old 04-12-2013, 11:35 PM   #4
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
To get it the same day, you'd have to use a travel agency. You can get it the next day at the china consulate

You will have to be in HK to apply in HK

It may be possible to get a second visa within China, I'm not sure.... I doubt it but you should check!
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #5
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
here some advice, if traveling from GZ to hk avoided taking the buses as u will end up with traffic jam unless u leave wee in the morning (like around 8am or so)

too bad u caught me at a bad time, i just came back to canada yesterday from gz (i work there now)

tips: GZ is one of the great cities of china with great food, u have to try the food

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #6
easy e

H7N9..
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiko View Post
H7N9..
that has not hit GZ yet at the moment, just around jiangsu & shanghai

Quote:
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2013, 11:48 PM   #8

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
just avoid eating chicken and u will be fine...

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-16-2013, 02:14 AM   #9
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
just avoid eating chicken and u will be fine...
what kinda chicken?
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:41 AM   #10

Thanked 4,067 Times in 1,252 Posts
dongguan chicken or northern mushroom chicken ?

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:14 AM   #11
I am Hook'd on RS

I m actually in GZ right now, I'm here for the Annual Import/Export Exhibition

You should check that out if you have a business or just want to have a browse around. It's a 3 week event and it started yesterday.

There's tons of business ppl from around the world that are here right now in GZ.
slaughterhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaughterhouse View Post

You should check that out if you have a business or just want to have a browse around. It's a 3 week event and it started yesterday.

There's tons of business ppl from around the world that are here right now in GZ.
im on the opposite fence, i would not recommend u to check that out as its hard to get in & super pain in the ass to get around

also op what airline are u taking? there direct flight to gz with china southern airline but its a horrible flight

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Old 04-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #13
I am Hook'd on RS

...I flew with China Southern and I agree with u,it was one of the worst flights I have ever been on. The seats are uncomfortable and it took some time to figure out how to operate the in flight movies so I wouldn't be bored out of my mind on the 14 hr flight. I am not looking forward to the trip back: (

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
im on the opposite fence, i would not recommend u to check that out as its hard to get in & super pain in the ass to get around

also op what airline are u taking? there direct flight to gz with china southern airline but its a horrible flight
Posted via RS Mobile
slaughterhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaughterhouse View Post

Thats actually exactly what I'm here for. Going to phase one and two. The fair is over 12 million sq ft!!

I flew air canada and then did a switch at Shangai to GZ. The layover was 1.5 hours.

Staying at the four seasons and the view from here is pretty insane. A lot of business people from around the world here.

Seem some sick cars in front of the hotel 458, aventador, ghost, phantom, etc.

Some pics for you guys...

This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #15

internet connection is so slow will post more when I get back to Van

This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2013, 02:22 AM   #16

Its actually pretty boring to be in a place like China not knowing the language, having a tough time getting around, etc. Pretty much just go to the factories and went to the canton fair.

If anyone is around and want to save me from my boredom my chinese number is 187 0201 0036. Got april 20, 21 and 22 off from the fair. Probably be finished my meeting tomorrow in Shenzhen and back in hotel by 3pm. There is only so much hennessy a guy can drink by himself LOL

on another note I feel like a baller with so many hundreds in my pocket. Then I rememember its 6 to 1 Things aren't really cheap here. Maybe its because I haven't really gone far just staying at the four seasons and go to the gt land mall (i think thats what its called) most things are more expensive then Vancouver.

Last edited by ws6ta; 04-19-2013 at 02:36 AM.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #17
RS controls my life!

Thanked 2,003 Times in 216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ws6ta View Post
Its actually pretty boring to be in a place like China not knowing the language, having a tough time getting around, etc. Pretty much just go to the factories and went to the canton fair.

If anyone is around and want to save me from my boredom my chinese number is 187 0201 0036. Got april 20, 21 and 22 off from the fair. Probably be finished my meeting tomorrow in Shenzhen and back in hotel by 3pm. There is only so much hennessy a guy can drink by himself LOL

on another note I feel like a baller with so many hundreds in my pocket. Then I rememember its 6 to 1 Things aren't really cheap here. Maybe its because I haven't really gone far just staying at the four seasons and go to the gt land mall (i think thats what its called) most things are more expensive then Vancouver.
You're totally not seeing China's China. lol. Dunno how adventurous you are and if you still have time, but if I were you I would definately use the last day for a local day trip, soak in some of the culture and see how the 99% of the non-elite locals live.

That being said, seeing as you don't speak the language, I wouldn't just walk out on my own, ask around your hotel to book you for a day tour, with an english speaking guide. Sure it will be much more expensive (it is four seasons), but it will be much safer and the guide/tour won't be scamming you around.
prelude_prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:00 PM   #18

seriously skinny ? have to fail me? I know the chicken is perfect and is not infected but if OP or someone going to GZ is just worried about the virus, simply dont eat it so they wont even think about it.

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Old 04-21-2013, 09:02 PM   #19

o my god.. southern china airlines..... such a terrible experience. Worst seats, cramped, i had a worried flight attendant that looked like she was getting stalked / raped. Taking it from beijing to GZ, the people were so fucking loud and annoying... christ.

Also, horny men everywhere... just looking at the flight attendants 24/7 after they pass by

Quote:
my bedroom =D
Quote: