REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:06 AM   #26
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
They need to research this? Isn't it kind of obvious?

I find people who are on the phone a lot- messaging or whatever tend to be the worst at real conversation. They're the boring people at the table.
Advertisement
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2013, 12:52 AM   #27
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW607 View Post
I tend to be fine with frequent texters, but people who whip out their phones to text during a meal or right in the middle of a conversation are the worst
Amen to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRYALT3R3D View Post
The people who text while driving are the worse. Fucking a-holes.

Unsent text message, typed before fatal crash, warns of dangers of texting and driving | CTV News
And shit like this, why can't the guy just text him back at a red light (if he must have to). Replies like these are often not necessary at that exact moment.
Such a sad way to die...
jjson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:15 AM   #28
Banned By Establishment

More concerned with wealth and image then ethics? I hope so, call me when ethics puts me in a lambo and provides a roof over my familys heads.
Posted via RS Mobile
predom is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-13-2013, 02:30 AM   #29
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
umm okay. So you have lots of people trying to reach you...how does that relate to having manners and respect again?
If the person in front of you would rather talk to someone else (far away) rather than you, I look at it as really more your problem rather than theirs.

Trust me, the reason why texting is more popular than calling is because it's unobtrusive. It's up to the receiver to decide when he/she will respond. Too bad you find it rude that they'd rather talk with someone else because trust me, if a guy or girl would rather talk/be with you, they WILL ignore texts until at a later (more convenient) time.

So in context of manners and respect, I guess it depends how important you are to the other person or who you are to the person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
I find people who are on the phone a lot- messaging or whatever tend to be the worst at real conversation. They're the boring people at the table.
Absolutely not true. Great conversationalists, entertaining people are great/fun to interact with no matter what medium you interact with them with.

Last edited by Noir; 04-13-2013 at 02:36 AM.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2013, 02:42 AM   #30
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW607 View Post
From article,

... 2,300 first-year psychology students completed one-hour online surveys ...
That explains everything. When these guys get older and find a job they will eventually get off their phones.
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-13-2013, 03:02 AM   #31
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGnoRE View Post
That explains everything. When these guys get older and find a job they will eventually get off their phones.
How does that explain anything....The survey doesn't say that students are constantly on their phones....it says that students that are constantly on their phones, tend to be more concerned with wealth & image than ethics, than those students who are not constantly on their phones...
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #32
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,218 Times in 1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEch View Post
actually, i learned this when i took psychology. never took stats
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #33
My homepage has been set to RS

I text like 20 times a day and though that was a lot. Mind you they are usually long, not "LOLZ, OMGS" etc.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:46 AM   #34
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Absolutely not true. Great conversationalists, entertaining people are great/fun to interact with no matter what medium you interact with them with.
I think you missed my point.

People with personality can interact in any medium...I agree with that. I'm talking about the cunts that are at a party, dinner, that have their face buried on the phone updating their status, checking in on 4square and instagraming their food and hashtaging the living daily lights out of one specific event. #fork #spoon #steak #sundayfunday.

Fuck that.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2013, 12:02 PM   #35
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,497 Times in 4,892 Posts
I must be pretty deep, 'cause I can't text worth a damn. One sentence would take me forever, so I don't. I'd rather tell a person to fuck off in person.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #36
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:

People with personality can interact in any medium...I agree with that. I'm talking about the cunts that are at a party, dinner, that have their face buried on the phone updating their status, checking in on 4square and instagraming their food and hashtaging the living daily lights out of one specific event. #fork #spoon #steak #sundayfunday.

Fuck that.

Trust me, I know exactly what you're talking about. But that's not really a "text-message/mobile phone" issue.

Even before the days of cellphones, smartphones, there will always be people in parties, clubs, functions who are always just standing around at the side because of their inability to mingle. Nowadays there are still those kinds of people but they at least they now have the benefits of a cellphone; back then, we had nothing other than just "be that awkward guy".
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #37
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:

Fuck that.
especially girls
blee123 is offline   Reply With Quote