REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:46 PM   #26
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Cocky little bastard.......... reminds me a bit of his fuddle duddle father.

I guess if he's half what his father was, he'll do a decent job.

Slutty mother, whatshertits was interesting and kind of hot.
Margaret ?
Advertisement
tonyzoomzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:46 PM   #27
I subscribe to Revscene

@Graeme S
Im not replying fully back to these comments because yes I dont want to go over whats a given, common sense (to none sheeple), subject over and over again.

I expected more of you as a moderator to dismiss this political figures support for Zionism. It has moral and Canadian foreign policy standards that he will uphold... very crucial to who and what this thread is about.

- To other members, just accept my initial post... the rest of you can keep commenting on his hair and how cool he is.

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 04-14-2013 at 11:54 PM. Reason: restructured whole post!
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-14-2013, 11:55 PM   #28
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
@Graeme S
Im not replying fully back to these comments because yes I dont want to go over whats a given, common sense (to none sheeple), subject over and over again.

I expected more of you as a moderator to dismiss this political figures support for Zionism. It has moral and Canadian foreign policy standards that he will uphold... very crucial to who and what this thread is about.

- To other members, just except my initial post... the rest of you can keep comment on his hair and how cool he is.
I read that article, but you also have to look at his links to Hezbollah and Hamas, but I digress. Just an FYI, I don't know where you can say people are sheep but whatever, and whatever common sense you have is clearly different from the population. I love how your common sense involves bringing up ridiculous points that only a conspiracy theorist would dig for.

No, his support for anti-Zionism only supports YOUR views, and only someone with a political agenda like yours would bring it up.

On the note of ACTUALLY talking about the Libs-I still wonder if he's just a name or if he'll actually make an impact in federal politics. I mean, people are getting tired of Harper, and if Trudeau can really get Canada to where it needs to be, then I welcome it. Of course, he may be a little too left, like some have said in this thread, but then again some change may be good for the political landscape of the country.

Last edited by RacingMetro92; 04-15-2013 at 12:10 AM.
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-15-2013, 12:14 AM   #29
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Former Justice Minister, Irwin Cotler, is a humanitarian in most cases, however he does have a biased view when it comes to Israel/Palestine and he is a member of the Canadian Jewish lobby and has spoken out against any criticisms of Israel or support for Palestine.

That isn't to say he's entirely anti-Palestinian he's apparently helped some Palestinians in legal cases in the past.

I would wish someone in his position and humanitarian leanings would be well...more humanitarian when it comes to the Palestine issue and especially so to Palestinians but hey it's expected I guess...

Playing to the Jewish lobby isn't only a US thing its a Canadian one as seen with Stephen Harper, Mulroney, etc. etc. so it's no surprise that Trudeau does the same or any other party leader and I wouldn't hate on Trudeau for it and supporting Irwin Cotler is also sucking up to the power players of the Liberal Party so +1 for Trudeau on knowing who to suck up to I guess (2birds with 1 stone)

What matters most is what these leaders do when they're in office because they suck up and make promises to everyone until they get into the top spot

Last edited by StylinRed; 04-15-2013 at 12:23 AM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:27 AM   #30
I subscribe to Revscene

Well Im not expecting people to be up and arms about it... the original peoples (first nations) of this land (Canada) are disconnected with the political system and the rest are immigrants short of 200 years.
One is suppose to look up to his/her countries leader and want the best... not be in the same room at some rally where the smart/knowing people are living a life of lies specially about 911. Sure send our poor to die for ZioAmerican corporate profits... just cut my taxes a little will ya?

If anti/pro Zionist posts are not welcome from here on, I expect posts regarding them be removed or I'll wait for this thread to die down and respond at the end.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-15-2013, 01:26 AM   #31
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
People are excited because he has a name, and a young handsome face. What else do you know about him?
What did people know about Obama when he first ran?
Old 04-15-2013, 01:27 AM   #32
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Fresh face, young, exciting and can motivate the youth vote via social media. I think it'll be a fight between the NDP and Liberals but you're probably looking at the next PM.
Harvey Specter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:57 AM   #33
THE CHAMPION OF CAPUA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
TRUDEAUMANIA ROUND 2!

Cue attack ads by the Conservatives in 3, 2, 1...

lol They couldn't even wait 24 hours.. Damn the Harper Government.

Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2013, 07:52 AM   #34
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:

Justin Trudeau

I hate attack ads.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #35
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:

I check the news this morning and find 2 attack ads already. YOU were right!!

Here is a news article to with it and a different attack ad:

Conservatives launch first Trudeau attack ad | Globalnews.ca

I find attack ads REALLY old school. I think SMART politicians are realizing that they don't really work for GEN-X, Y, Z.

At least, I hope so...
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #36

Man I wish Layton was still alive rip

Hell, Chretien should run again
Old 04-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #37
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Man I wish Layton was still alive rip

Hell, Chretien should run again
I miss Layton too. That man was incredibly dedicated and never gave up. Although not everyone agrees with his platform, nobody can deny how consistently hard he worked for what he thought was right.

It frustrates me when a politician doesn't win and we never hear from the again. If you truly believe in your fight, you never give up!
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #38
I don't get it

Some thoughts:

1. Layton was a Terminator. Kept it up until the very end.

2. One of Justin's advantages is that he's not a newcomer, so he's had time to show Canadians where he stands. Harper's attack ad machine won't be as devastating as it was to Dion and Iggy. Plus he's Quebecois and good looking-a trifecta for the electorate.

3. I have mentioned the removal of the per vote subsidies before. People are going to remember his father's NEP, and with all the oil wealth generated in Alberta (still in deficit, but that's neither here nor there), the Tory election machine will be well funded and well oiled. Even with the Ontario and Quebec establishment bankrolling the Grits, I have not seen a fundraising juggernaut as prolific as the Conservative Party of Canada. And there are going to be a LOT more attack ads-NEP part II, they might say, even though the Grits are FOR the oilsands (not sure where he stands on Keystone or Northern Gateway so I can't say for certain). Hell, even the Koch Brothers (the men who bankrolled the Tea Party) might gent involved since they're in oil.

3. Justin's Libs will NOT get many votes in the west outside of Metro Vancouver. However, with the recent immigrant influx has shifted many ridings to the centre-right, so it remains to be seen how he will win these voters. Chinese and Indian voters tend to be tough on crime and drugs-the Liberals put marijuana legalization in their party platform, and less harsh sentences will probably be drawn up in a Trudeau government. Ontario and points east are sewn up of course.

4. I really wanted Marc Garneau to win for two reasons-Senate reform and increased competition in the telecom industry, two things which I haven't heard Justin touch. I understand that there are more pressing matters to tackle, but those issues are near and dear to me. NO I don't believe every single household should get free Google Fiber and an unlimited plan.

Overall, I'm taking the wait and see approach. Justin is a galvanizer for the base and if fresh blood can shake up the party and stop dirty politics, then I'm all for it. One thing's for sure: if Justin becomes Prime Minister, government scientists and statisticians will be celebrating.
BurnoutBinLaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #39
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Bill Good and guests were discussing this this morning, particularly some of the items in the attack ads (lack of experience, lack of higher education, etc.) and whether those were really relevant... they brought up the likes of Michael Ignatief and other past leaders or would-be leaders, how they had plenty of education and political experience and it didn't help them get elected.

My thoughts on that:
Matt Ion @soundy
@billgood980 Trudeau doesn't have to be better/smarter/educated, he just has to be MORE LIKABLE

Yeah, these other guys were smart and all, but they came across as smug dicks. Voters don't care how much you know if they think you're an asshole. Jack Layton was LIKABLE, most of all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #40

I dont remember ever signing up to the liberal party nor do I ever recall getting Liberal party related emails but I got one today

Quote:
StylinRed -

The Conservatives are already back in the gutter.

Now they're using pictures from a charity fashion show to attack me and undermine what we've built.

Can you chip in $5 to help us get out our positive message of change?

They've seen what we can do and they're desperately trying to drown us out with the childish, food-fight politics.

We need to move past that - donate $5 or more now and stand up to these guys:

https://www.liberal.ca/be-part-of-the-change/

Thanks.

Justin

P.S. I raised a bit of money for the Liver Foundation but I bet we could raise more if you made a donation too.

Old 04-15-2013, 04:37 PM   #41
I don't get it

The incessant emails are the reason I don't volunteer in politics or sign up for advocacy movements (e.g. OpenMedia). FML.
BurnoutBinLaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #42
THE CHAMPION OF CAPUA

Dirty Conservatives using Justin Trudeau's quote out of context.

Chris Selley: Conservative anti-Trudeau attack ad contains a whopper | Full Comment | National Post

Quote:
"The quote in the ad is as follows: “Quebecers are better than the rest of Canada, because, you know, we’re Quebecers or whatever.’”

Not quite. Justin Trudeau was describing his father’s beliefs, not his own, as they pertained to separatists and their demands for special treatment. Here’s the entire quote:

"His philosophy, certainly as he passed it on to us, has always been Quebeckers are better than the rest of Canada because we’re Quebeckers or whatever — I mean, this idea that a lot more of us are bilingual, bi-cultural. There’s a lot more awareness of the rest and that’s a richness. Who’s to say that we should need special protection or special deals or special allowances that make us protected?"

Video of the interview.

CTV News | News Video - Top National News Headlines - News Videos

Last edited by Spartacus; 04-15-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: