REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:42 AM   #1151
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,172 Times in 2,405 Posts
Crazy story from the carjack victim: Carjack victim recounts his harrowing night - Boston.com
Advertisement
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #1152
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
damn that's crazy! lesson here: don't hijack a new car when trying to get away after a crime, they all have tracking devices..
Old 04-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #1153
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
holy fuck, just ridiculous

gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #1154
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
I heart Jon Stewart
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #1155
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
"emotional freakoutattitude"
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #1156
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Boston Police Twitter: How Cop Team Tweets Led City From Terror To Joy

View Screen Capture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:36 AM   #1157
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Three more individuals involved possibly

Quote:
Boston Police Dept
‏@Boston_Police
Three additional suspects taken into custody in Marathon bombing case. Details to follow.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #1158
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Three more individuals involved possibly

https://twitter.com/Boston_Police/st...12972521558016
Going to place a guess here that the wife will be 1 of 3.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:45 AM   #1159
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,812 Times in 8,187 Posts
I want to know if the girl that was in the video they were looking at was one of them... This was before anyone knew who the two were... they kept showing footage of them walking with their backpacks, and the entire time were ignoring a girl who was behind them, walking in the exact same way with a backpack.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #1160

pic of 2 of the 3 (middle and left of middle)

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2013/05/tsarnaev-lol/

Quote:
They interviewed Kadyrbayev and Tazhayakov over the last two weeks, as well as another friend, Robel Phillipos, 19 years old like the others. All three were arrested and charged in Boston today. Kadyrbayev and Tazhayakov, Kazakh nationals here on a student visa, face charges of obstruction of justice that could jail them each for up to five years. Phillipos, a U.S. citizen, faces charges of lying to investigators, an eight-year maximum sentence. There is, perhaps inevitably, already a #FreeRobel hashtag.
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

Last edited by sonick; 05-01-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:05 AM   #1161
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
lying to the Feds and moving evidence.

Quote:
New developments:
-- The suspects were expected to appear before a federal judge Wednesday afternoon, U.S. government sources said.

-- The two suspects who are originally from Kazakhstan -- Azamat Tazhayako and Dias Kadyrbayev -- had been in federal custody on immigration charges already, their lawyers told CNN.

Previously reported developments:

-- A federal law enforcement official told CNN on Wednesday that the charges against two of the individuals taken into custody involve allegedly lying to officials, because when first questioned by the FBI they lied about not seeing the suspects and not knowing their whereabouts after the attack.

-- The federal law enforcement source said the charge of conspiring to obstruct justice relates to their moving things from Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's dorm room and throwing them into a dumpster. The source said the objects disposed of included fireworks inside backpacks. The trash bin subsequently was taken to a nearby landfill. Authorities carried out a two-day search of the landfill in New Bedford late last week.
Here's the latest on the Boston Marathon bombings - CNN.com
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #1162
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev friends: 'Terrorista #1' license plate was 'a joke about partying' | Mail Online

Looks like asian dude ...
valent|n0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #1163

Very likely have some Chinese lineage:

There have been various migrations of ethnic minorities from China to Kazakhstan in the 19th and early 20th centuries, such as that of the Dungan people fleeing Qing Dynasty forces after a failed 1862–1877 rebellion in northwest China, or the Uyghur and Kazakh exodus from Xinjiang during the 1950s Great Leap Forward; however, their descendants do not consider themselves to be "Chinese people".[2][3] The modern wave of migration from China only dates back to the early 1990s.[4]
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

Old 05-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #1164
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
A Quick Look At The Complaints Against Kadyrbayev, Tazhayakov, and Phillipos | Popehat

Quote:
The U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Massachusetts has just filed two criminal complaints arising from the Boston Marathon bombing investigation. One complaint is against two men, Dias Kadyrbayev and Azamat Tazhayakov. The other complaint is against one man, Robel Phillipos.

Documents are already available on PACER.

The current docket (the record of court actions in the case, with links to documents) is here in the case against Kadybayev and Tazhayakov. The complaint cover sheet against them is here. The affidavit in support of the complaint against them — which has an FBI agent's statement of the evidence supplying probable cause — is here.

The docket in the case against Pillipos is here. The complaint against him is here. The affidavit — which appears at a brief glance to be the same one from the case against the other two men – is here.

The first complaint charges Kadybayev and Tazhayakov with a conspiracy to violate federal law in violation of Title 18, United States Code, section 371 — the generic federal conspiracy statute. The object of the conspiracy — the federal law the defendants are alleged to have conspired to violate — is destruction of evidence in a federal investigation in violation of Title 18, United States Code, section 1519.

The second complaint charges Phillipos with making a false statement to the government in violation of Title 18, United States Code, section 1001.

Read the affidavit yourself. Very briefly, the affidavit alleges that Dias Kadyrbayev and Azamat Tazhayakov saw emptied-out fireworks in accused bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's room, concluded that he was one of the Boston Marathon bombers, and decided to dispose of the container of hollowed-out fireworks, apparently to protect Tsarnaev. Phillipos, the FBI alleges, gave multiple statements and initially lied about what he knew of actions by Dias Kadyrbayev and Azamat Tazhayakov.

A few points:

1. They may or may not have their first appearance today, May 1st. here's what I wrote about how a first appearance works and what happens next.

2. Why did they charge Phillipos separately? It's too early to say. They may be cutting him out from the other two to testify against them, they may be avoiding "misjoinder" (putting together different charges and defendants that don't belong together) even though it's premature to worry about that before the indictment, or there may be some other strategic reason.

3. Remember how I said earlier today that you should shut up rather than talk to the feds, because you'll just wind up (1) confessing, (2) making a stupid false statement that will make you look guilty, or (3) make a stupid false statement that will get you charged with making a stupid false statement? Yeah. This is what I was talking about.

4. The same magistrate judge signed off on the complaints. I'm going to have to come up with more conspiracy theories.
View source for links. Emphasis added is mine.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:48 AM   #1165
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Very likely have some Chinese lineage:

There have been various migrations of ethnic minorities from China to Kazakhstan in the 19th and early 20th centuries, such as that of the Dungan people fleeing Qing Dynasty forces after a failed 1862–1877 rebellion in northwest China, or the Uyghur and Kazakh exodus from Xinjiang during the 1950s Great Leap Forward; however, their descendants do not consider themselves to be "Chinese people".[2][3] The modern wave of migration from China only dates back to the early 1990s.[4]
I've been to the 2 major cities in Kazakhstan, Almaty and Astana, and let me tell you, if you are a fan of the half-Caucasian half-Asian look in women, you will not be disappointed! Very friendly and welcoming people and a beautiful country
RS_Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:23 AM   #1166
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Pat View Post
I've been to the 2 major cities in Kazakhstan, Almaty and Astana, and let me tell you, if you are a fan of the half-Caucasian half-Asian look in women, you will not be disappointed! Very friendly and welcoming people and a beautiful country
verry nice.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #1167
I subscribe to Revscene

He apparently wrote this Facebook message to his dad.

Tsarnaev Brothers: 9/11 Truthers ? and Obviously Innocent | Veterans Today
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #1168
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post

From that same page:

Quote:
The fact that the Tsarnaevs are 9/11 truthers proves their innocence.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #1169
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:

Anyone could have photoshopped that. lol
VRYALT3R3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #1170
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Yes, they were clearly completely innocent of the bombings... that's why they were on the run and getting into a firefight with the police, rather than turning themselves in.

Obviously the guy whose legs were blown off and ID'd one of them was lying... in fact, he's such a hardcord false-flagger, he stood there by the bomb (which he must have known about, since he had to have been involved) and ALLOWED himself to get maimed for life, just so the plan to frame these two kids nobody had ever heard of, would go ahead.

The guy whose care was hijacked and shot up had to have been a part of the plot as well... it's just a little too convenient, how he was right there when they needed a getaway car, hmmm??

Here's a thought: if the brothers were just fall guys and had nothing to do with it, WHY DID THEY CAPTURE DZHOKAR ALIVE? Woulda been a LOT more convenient to make sure he died in that boat, thus leaving nobody to question the official story. Someone could have claimed that he fired a shot right before filling the boat with hot lead... or since he was hurt, they could have just stretched out the standoff until the kid bled out. Lots of ways to get rid of him while keeping it completely plausible.

And assuming the Facebook message is real... who is "they"? Chuckles and his cronies assume "they" must be the US Government... maybe "they" is his own mother and brother, who are alleged to have had conversations relating to "a jihad". Maybe "they" is the Al Quaeda cell his brother was suspected of having contact with. Seems a lot more plausible as someone who would have "set up" a couple of kids to take the fall for a bombing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:07 AM   #1171
I subscribe to Revscene

I first saw this on PressTV but the photos werent showing up
Key FBI photo of Dzhokhar shows evidence of Photoshop
Key FBI photo of Dzhokhar shows evidence of Photoshop - 12160
Same article on PressTV PressTV - ?FBI used Photoshop in Boston evidence?

Original photo http://www.letsrun.com/news/wp-conte...-Explosion.jpg
(edit - him holding the backpack has been shopped out... save and zoom on the photo)

Like I stated in my post many pages back... Im still waiting for inconsistent information about the backpacks, including the 3rd one, to come out to further make my rebuttals.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-30-2013, 06:08 AM   #1172
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
As a photographer that uses Photoshop often...

That's not evidence of photoshopping. That's a 1600x1200 blown up to the point where the compression of a JPEG shows. You can't zoom into a picture and expect perfect resolution of details when it's a picture on the internet and not a raw file.

...and that is probably a picture from a camera phone.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-30-2013, 06:32 AM   #1173
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
A patsy does not simply "end up" in a fire fight.
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-30-2013, 07:38 AM   #1174
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
I first saw this on PressTV but the photos werent showing up
Key FBI photo of Dzhokhar shows evidence of Photoshop
Key FBI photo of Dzhokhar shows evidence of Photoshop - 12160
Same article on PressTV PressTV - ?FBI used Photoshop in Boston evidence?

Original photo http://www.letsrun.com/news/wp-conte...-Explosion.jpg
(edit - him holding the backpack has been shopped out... save and zoom on the photo)

Like I stated in my post many pages back... Im still waiting for inconsistent information about the backpacks, including the 3rd one, to come out to further make my rebuttals.
That's is some weak tea.

Try again, I'm sure we'll get you a good photoshop controversy that you can sink your teeth into shortly.

Exhibit A:

Some say that President Richard Nixon was a devil hitler. A rare person with both the evil traits of Hitler, AND the devil.

I have proof!

Think its shopped?
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #1175
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Alright, let me explain this to all the sane people.

The people that run these conspiracy sites don't realize that 1600x1200 is 2MP...pedestrian. That's high res if this was 1998 and we were running on 56k. Zooming in to what looks like at least a 200% or greater crop and you're going to get artifacts.

You notice the EXACT SAME THING happening to the guy in the lower left of the cropped picture? Did they photoshop that completely extraneous guy in as well? Zoom in to other parts of the wall. This is because the picture is compressed (JPEGs are compressed...all of them) and the formula for the compression can't tell the difference between the brick wall and the brick wall with small elements or shadows of the suspect in front of it. It may also be the camera sensor. I won't go into it but a sensor with poor resolution wouldn't be able to pick up those details. It may also be shadows. Look up the term "dynamic range" and why most digital cameras don't have very much of it.

Go ahead and open ANY PHOTO with a busy background like a brick wall and you'll see the same.

Also, let's say you're right...that photo is PS'ed. What you're telling me is that they took a picture of the suspect in front of a wall with smaller bricks but with the same lighting and angle and trying to blend that into a photo with an empty wall of larger bricks which sounds like a pain in the ass...

...rather than do what everyone that's ever used Photoshop would do and mask around the guy, cut him out of the picture and paste him onto the picture you want to doctor.

So not only is it not a photoshop job but if it were, you found the world's best AND worst photoshopper ever.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by: