REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:58 PM   #1026
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
yeah someone posted this somewhere in the pages back

supposedly the media aren't allowed to talk or ask questions about them

Total media blackout now under way on most likely suspects in Boston marathon bombing

The top comment in that article though is this

But then people ask why keep it hush then?
WHAT you mean the brilliant minds of THE INTERNET didn't just discover secret agents hiding in plain sight with private military firm logos on their hats who were the true bombers?

And the 'scripted capture' they talk about sure went smoothly

Seriously, anyone who reads this shit for anything other than pure comedy is completely out of it.

And the only reason real media isn't talking about it is because there's nothing to talk about. Looking at the pics on the internet, you might first think that they could be suspects.. but as soon as you find out they are plain clothes security, most normal people would stop at that. The only people who have more interest or suspicion after that are those looking for a conspiracy.
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:04 PM   #1027
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,239 Times in 5,600 Posts
I dont know if you guys were watching the CNN feed but there was an interview about 3 hours after capture that was completely fucked..

Anderson Cooper had like a "friend of a friend" of the younger son on who used to go to their mom for salon work she then supposedly stopped working a salon and started working out of her home and being more of a shut in began wearing darker clothes and robes while she used to be a fashionable dresser etc

The girl in the interview then described how after paying her one day the mother went out to her car to grab somthing for the girl and before she went outside she put on her Burka..

your going to run that story from that person? even if it were true that is fucking insane to run that story from a random acquaintance
Old 04-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #1028
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

^ the media at its finest?
tmc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:17 PM   #1029
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Why does EVERYTHING have to be a conspiracy to these people? Like...EVERYTHING. Isn't it unlikely that every single event on the planet is controlled by some shadowy organization?
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2013, 11:20 PM   #1030
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,062 Times in 1,249 Posts
^because craft international

industrial military complex yo

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2013, 11:22 PM   #1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Why does EVERYTHING have to be a conspiracy to these people? Like...EVERYTHING. Isn't it unlikely that every single event on the planet is controlled by some shadowy organization?
The irony is that they think everyone but them are brainwashed.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:40 PM   #1032
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
It's an example of why Religions exist, why people believe in deities. They want to believe there is a reason for everything in the world. They're scared and mentally insecure about what life really is. That shit happens, and there's really nothing you can do about it.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2013, 12:24 AM   #1033
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts

Old 04-20-2013, 01:01 AM   #1034
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Glenn Beck: Doubling down on doubling down on crazy.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2013, 02:31 AM   #1035
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
Beck is still on tv?! I thought even Fox thought he was too crazy and let him go?
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2013, 02:45 AM   #1036
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
omg. monday.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:46 AM   #1037
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Quote:
Beck is still on tv?! I thought even Fox thought he was too crazy and let him go?
Not on fox anymore. Has his own site. www.theblaze.com/
Old 04-20-2013, 03:10 AM   #1038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Not on fox anymore. Has his own site. Breaking news and opinion on TheBlaze
lol wow the comments on that site
Old 04-20-2013, 03:44 AM   #1039
I subscribe to Revscene

The backpacks dont seem to match to the supposed detonated one.
YOU PICK THE BOMBER! per the BackPack | Alternative
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-20-2013, 03:58 AM   #1040
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
^ you know what charles, as much as I mostly ignore your posts... that picture of the backpacks is pretty interesting
Old 04-20-2013, 04:10 AM   #1041

the blown up backpack looks like it has some white and gray patches (look to the left side) blow up the picture and dont concentrate on the red circle

edit: it actually looks like the younger brothers back pack

edit2: see

Last edited by StylinRed; 04-20-2013 at 04:18 AM.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:10 AM   #1042

Nobody has said that the torn backpack was 100% verified to be one that held a bomb. It is just as likely that it is one of the victims' bags that got torn up in the commotion.

All this conclusion jumping might be fun for the nutjobs (and in some cases, fun to laugh at), but try to keep a skeptic mind if you can.

To my eye, the torn backpack matches none of the three in the pictures. And it is not burned at all, which (and this is a complete uneducated guess, and I am willing to admit that) I doubt would be the case if it was the pack that held the bomb.

Some nutjob circled one of the grey squares that "matches" that on the "ISRAELI LOOKING" security personnel's, but what about the fact that the straps have grey stripes, which none of the three packs have? Sure you can find stuff that does match, but what do you do when you see stuff that doesn't match? Ignore it?
Old 04-20-2013, 04:21 AM   #1043
I subscribe to Revscene

Of the latest bombings
1 How come there was no resistance (almost free fall) when building 7 collapsed under 10 seconds? [Know Mossad operation - dancing Isreali's w bombs in truck]
2 how come the london bombing had the explosions rip the floors upwards?

You should learn basic physics before trying to sound like a Mr.know it all.
Quote:
the blown up backpack looks like it has some white and gray patches (look to the left side) blow up the picture and dont concentrate on the red circle

No the colours are way off... there isnt that much black in the younger brothers bag... there should be more gray in the exploded one too.

One of the linked blogs at the bottom shows another possible bag placer.
BLOG.REDEFININGGOD.COM: You pick the bomber! (Update 2)

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 04-20-2013 at 04:31 AM. Reason: added pictures
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-20-2013, 04:27 AM   #1044

Yes it could be his backpack. But does that mean it had a bomb in it? I sure hope that poor fucker doesn't get accosted by a nutjob like you charles. Then again, you guys probably rarely ever leave your basements do you?
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-20-2013, 04:44 AM   #1045
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
This entire incident is too bizarre and I frankly don't believe that these 2 guys were the only ones involved.

Here's another video, don't really like this guy but some interesting photos...

Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-20-2013, 04:45 AM   #1046
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
The backpacks dont seem to match to the supposed detonated one.
YOU PICK THE BOMBER! per the BackPack | Alternative
VRYALT3R3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:55 AM   #1047
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
So let me get this straight:

1. The news says a random bag is the bomb despite the fact that it looks like it was ripped open. It's a canvas bag that contained a bomb and it remained mostly intact rather than in tiny, tiny pieces? In the end, it's a picture of a bag on the scene. Meaningless without tests that say "Yes, this is the bag that contained the bomb.". Call Grissom in and have him swab the inside for explosives.

2. You match blurry pictures and say that's not the bag the bombers were carrying even though earlier in this thread there's a picture of the guy behind the kid that died and the backpack he was carrying at their feet and security footage of that guy carrying that bag before he got to that specific location and a high-res photo of him NOT carrying the backpack after he left that location.

3. There was a public explanation for the "detonators" and an explanation for why privately contracted security was there to supplement local law enforcement...

4. An argument made in the above video tries to prove a cover up using only the fact that CNN fucked up by saying there was a suspect in custody and the other three things mentioned above...but otherwise, they're just speculating.

So not a shred of proof and plenty of explanation to the opposite. Did I miss anything?

Geez, why can't it just NOT be a conspiracy? Wouldn't the more reasonable explanation be that douchebags gonna douchebag? You're just searching for answers that aren't there.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2013, 05:08 AM   #1048
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

it wouldn't be interesting if there wasn't conspiracy theorists. It keeps the discussion going and the events relevant when instead we should be letting the victims families grieve. People always search for something that can help keep a certain thing relevant and I think they fail to see the line where it all goes too far. As sad as it sounds, i think media would become a lot more boring if this stuff didn't exist but this comes at the expense of getting good news for getting shit theories. Its so amazing at how easy someone can bring anything into the minds of a whole mass of people. Theorists hide behind the right to free speech but it's all the followers that get caught up in it and the doubters that try to prove them wrong that keep it all going and relevant. I'm sure if no one question the crazies and didn't respond to any of it, it would become irrelevant quite quickly IMHO.
van_city23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:41 AM   #1049
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Oh good! Alex Jones has something to say.

This fucking nutter can see conspiracy in his bowl of shreddies.

Here's one for you Alex...were you actually born? Cause you know, we don't have actual video proof of your crazy ass emerging from the birth canal. And you don't remember it...my god! They wiped your memory!

That's the FBI for you.

The internet is annoying me with this stuff. Reddit was all convinced that they had cracked the case, and named the suspect...and were wrong.

Why?

Because, as much as your bad ass computer is pretty dope...it isn't what the FBI/DHS/BPD/etc. has at their disposal. Aaaand, you don't have all the footage. Aaaand, you don't have cell phone traces and god knows what other patriot act goodies land on their desk when this happens.

So, you take a little drop of bad video off the internet and watch it, and lo and behold! This isn't proof enough.

Fuck! Let's focus on the real conspiracies...roswell, A51, and how many fucking times did Mrs.Jones drop her kid on his head and why wasn't she charged.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2013, 08:13 AM   #1050
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:

edit2: see

Please keep in mind that some peoples pants, legs, arms etc were blown off by the bombs. So the back pack shown above might be from a bystander that was near the bomb. I am just glad they caught the two but I always wonder what else the government is not telling us as they never give us the full story.

BTW I learned more on here last night then I did from CNN. There reporters there are bad.
GodZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: