REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 04-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Wooden Gate

Anyone have recommendations on installing wooden gate door for my home. Basically it's the gate doors that are on the sides of the home.

Something like this: http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...Sx0lLeJym_twfw

I could go to home depot and get the material and DIY, but I just don't have the time to do it.
Advertisement
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #2
Rs has made me the man i am today!

You can try Cory at (778) 288-0588.. Name of his company is Eurocore Enterprises... He's been a carpenter for a few years and a good guy to deal with.
Posted via RS Mobile
catalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #3

Thanks Catalin.....
Old 06-07-2013, 07:31 AM   #4
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
how did this turn out? did you get it done? i'm trying to work on my parents' place and their gate is rotten from age. i went to home depot and they have these hardware kits for DIY but you still have to cut up the lumber. maybe i was there on a bad day but i couldn't get any service in the lumber dept. and didn't know what to buy or if they could precut for me
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:32 AM   #5
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Go to Rona, I stopped going to HD 10 years ago.
Posted via RS Mobile
catalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #6
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
how did this turn out? did you get it done? i'm trying to work on my parents' place and their gate is rotten from age. i went to home depot and they have these hardware kits for DIY but you still have to cut up the lumber. maybe i was there on a bad day but i couldn't get any service in the lumber dept. and didn't know what to buy or if they could precut for me
The Lumber Dept. at Home Depot is massive, I'm not surprised you weren't able to find someone.

Anyway, they won't be able to tell you what lumber to purchase. That depends on the size of gate you want to build, so that's something you need to figure out yourself. They will cut dimensional lumber for you, but they charge for the service. They have cedar fence panels that are only 36"(iirc) that are meant to be used as gates, you just need to add a cross brace and hardware. That's likely your best option if the size works.
Posted via RS Mobile
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
I still haven't found the time to setup the gates I wanted. Work is driving me nuts. I will be taking some days off sometime soon.

Let me know how yours turns out to be .
Old 06-18-2013, 11:00 PM   #8
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
The Lumber Dept. at Home Depot is massive, I'm not surprised you weren't able to find someone.

Posted via RS Mobile
agreed. they are more focused on catering to the contractors in that department rather than small fish like myself
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote