REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Eye pain (https://www.revscene.net/forums/683029-eye-pain.html)

miss_crayon 04-16-2013 12:05 PM

Eye pain

HELP!

Last night woke up to use the bathroom and felt pressure on my right eye bone (near the cheek). Touched it and felt really tender. I thought maybe it was because I was super tired so went back to bed without a thought.

Woke up this morning, still felt the same pressure on my eye bone. It's like this dull ache almost. I didn't think much about it as my eye and vision was (and still is) completely fine. However, when I started doing my make up (lining the bottom water line) the very outter corner was SUPER tender to the touch. Then I inspected it a little more and noticed it was a tad swollen compared to my left eye.

I'm like FREAKING out because I'm the biggest germaphobe (to the point where I'm OCD). I made an appointment with the eye doctor later but was wondering if anyone else has had something like this. I'm also a "googler" and my stress levels are like at MAX right now.

HELP!

snails 04-16-2013 12:07 PM

slept weird on ur hand or something? ive heard of tear duct infections and stuff but that sounds like its alot lower, mybe small infection under eyelid? rinse eyes out with tap water for 10-15 minutes

BBMme 04-16-2013 01:24 PM

I had something similar before, and I think I got it from sleeping on the side of my face? Don't know if that made sense or not haha. It went away 2 to 3 days later, like a bruise.
Posted via RS Mobile

miss_crayon 04-16-2013 01:45 PM

I thought maybe at first it was a tear duct infection but now leaning more towards maybe an eyelash follicle infection/sty. However, there is no centre or point that leads me to think it might be one. Or maybe it's THAT small that I can't see it.

snails 04-16-2013 01:50 PM

:badpokerface: kinda gross not gunna lie

good luck with situation, im still leaning towards a long rinse tho!

miss_crayon 04-16-2013 01:59 PM

Thanks guys!

And yeah..tell me about it. I am literally FREAKING out. I'm just hoping maybe it was from the cleaning I did yesterday. Maybe an allergy or something. GAHH 5PM CAN'T COME ANY SOONER!!!

snails 04-16-2013 02:03 PM

5pm? you have been waiting all day to deal with this?! :ahwow:

lowside67 04-16-2013 02:21 PM

Hypochondriac much? Just take a chill pill... you have a slightly swollen and tender cheek, it's going to be alright. You don't have cancer, you didn't develop diabetes, and you aren't missing any limbs. It is going to be okay...

miss_crayon 04-16-2013 02:57 PM

It's my eye. The cheek is tender from the swollen eye. And I could onyly get a 5pm with my eye doctor. If I could I would've went right at 11 when he got there.
Posted via RS Mobile

DaFonz 04-16-2013 03:08 PM

I have bad news. It's an infection and you're going to lose your eye.

I'm sorry

wuuhoo 04-16-2013 03:44 PM

have you been rubbing your eyes a lot?/allergies? if so, it might be a stye.

miss_crayon 04-16-2013 05:06 PM

It's a stye. Thanks for the help guys!
Posted via RS Mobile

Neva 04-16-2013 05:51 PM

I was banking on pink eye from hand-cup-fart-throwing...:okay:

!Yaminashi 04-16-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowside67 (Post 8213951)
Hypochondriac much? Just take a chill pill... you have a slightly swollen and tender cheek, it's going to be alright. You don't have cancer, you didn't develop diabetes, and you aren't missing any limbs. It is going to be okay...

Thats what I ALWAYS say..

Glove 04-16-2013 10:04 PM

there is one way girls can get eye infections...

http://bchondas.com/forum/images/smi...me-gusta-s.png