REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #26
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FI-Z33 View Post
Then your problem is that you dont use any type of moisturizer. When you dont moisturize your skin gets really dry hence it produces its own oil yo compensate. Start moisturizing... as for waterbased moisturizer...khiels have few for men. I personally like shiseido
Posted via RS Mobile
Thanks for the info, I will go check out Khiels !!

tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #27

i had a really bad acne problem as an early teen. being that young i was trying everything to get rid of it. what really helped was getting any hair away from my face, like if you have long hair or something. also i didnt touch my face after i scratched my head or anything. your hair is really oily and that might be a small problem. after getting rid of the bad habbits acne stopped appearing. what i do now to stop them from showing up is washing my face twice to three times a day. in the morning i'll get a towel and get it wet with warm-hot water. squeeze the water out then wash my face, not so much scrubbing but more like wipping. then i'll repeat this step but with a cold towel. i do this in the morning after the gym and at night. hope this helps!
heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:43 PM   #28
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru..azn View Post
I'm 25. I have short hair so I don't really need to gel it or apply hair products. My acne is not really that bad, maybe just like 8-10 small pimples on my skin.

the annoying thing is that once you pop it, the wound doesnt seem to heal and becomes a red/light brown spot on your forehead.
hmm.. for me, once it is popped, it may be red for a few hours, but settles down pretty fast, unless it is the odd monster pimple lol

Quote:
so what usually happens if you just let the pimple as it is? does it disappear by itself?
yea they do. from my experience it takes over a week to fully go away (to the point where you can't feel it at all). I don't like it naturally going away because it get to the point where its big and almost unpoppable...

At 25 I would monitor what you are eating.. see if it is more prevalent when you eat certain foods.. Maybe try seeing a food allergist or a Naturopath

Washing your face every hour is extreme. I consider my skin pretty oily and i Only wash my face before and after I get out of bed. The more you wash your face, the oilier your face will get since you are stripping its natural oils (kinda like how people say don't wash your hair too much).
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:02 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
hmm.. for me, once it is popped, it may be red for a few hours, but settles down pretty fast, unless it is the odd monster pimple lol

yea they do. from my experience it takes over a week to fully go away (to the point where you can't feel it at all). I don't like it naturally going away because it get to the point where its big and almost unpoppable...

At 25 I would monitor what you are eating.. see if it is more prevalent when you eat certain foods.. Maybe try seeing a food allergist or a Naturopath

Washing your face every hour is extreme. I consider my skin pretty oily and i Only wash my face before and after I get out of bed. The more you wash your face, the oilier your face will get since you are stripping its natural oils (kinda like how people say don't wash your hair too much).
some ppl say that if you don't pop the giant ones, the so called "poison" stay on your face. Dunno if that is true

so how old are you? do u still have acne problems?
Old 04-20-2013, 01:15 AM   #30

so a friend of mine has suggested me these 2 products for my situation, has anyone used Clarins men products before?

ClarinsMen Super Moisture Balm (no oily effect)

ClarinsMen Exfoliating Cleanser
Old 04-20-2013, 02:42 AM   #31
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:43 AM   #32
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
also, there are two types of acne - cystic and the regular pimples you get

cystic pimples suck, they're huge and you can't really pop them, unless you want scarring
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #33
RS Veteran

Quote:
some ppl say that if you don't pop the giant ones, the so called "poison" stay on your face. Dunno if that is true

so how old are you? do u still have acne problems?
Let's just say I am older than you, lol. I still get zits but the odd one here and there. I had a bit of acne when I was a teen but nothing that concerning. I remember going on a topical solution that was presribed. It went on with those foam type roll on applicators. It was an antibiotic from what I remember. Worked like a charm, but once you sweat, you could smell it lol. And it wasn't cheap.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:11 PM   #34
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
so where can I buy this Cetaphil product? so they are sold in packs of two (lotion+face wash) ?

so by buying Cetaphil, I am good to go? any other products I should use?
im sure superstore has them and no they dont come in packs. I just find using the two in conjunction works best for me (it might not for you). Also, you might not see any results within a week or so but try to keep at it (especially moisturizing before you go to sleep). If it worsens, try different face wash + moisturizer
jjson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjson View Post
im sure superstore has them and no they dont come in packs. I just find using the two in conjunction works best for me (it might not for you). Also, you might not see any results within a week or so but try to keep at it (especially moisturizing before you go to sleep). If it worsens, try different face wash + moisturizer
wow I just googled them up and they are like $24 each so thats $48 for both.

Is that how much they usually cost?

My acne is not really that bad, not like my whole face has pimples. Its just like a few on the both sides of my chin

My forehead has a scar mark since I popped a big one a week ago
Old 04-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #36
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
Try Shoppers? The 500+ mL bottle of Cetaphil cleanser is like $16 IIRC. They last a while, though.

I found I like Cerave products better than Cetaphil, though. The CeraVe moisturizer (blue one in the tub) is cheap and works great (non-comedogenic as well). It "absorbs" very fast so you don't get the greasy lotion-on-skin-feeling for very long.

I've also moved on to Cerave foaming cleanser instead of the Cetaphil gentle cleanser. I tried both, applied each to one half of my face and the Cetaphil side broke out more (by more I mean like 2 pimples compared to none on the Cerave side).
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
Try Shoppers? The 500+ mL bottle of Cetaphil cleanser is like $16 IIRC. They last a while, though.

I found I like Cerave products better than Cetaphil, though. The CeraVe moisturizer (blue one in the tub) is cheap and works great (non-comedogenic as well). It "absorbs" very fast so you don't get the greasy lotion-on-skin-feeling for very long.

I've also moved on to Cerave foaming cleanser instead of the Cetaphil gentle cleanser. I tried both, applied each to one half of my face and the Cetaphil side broke out more (by more I mean like 2 pimples compared to none on the Cerave side).
i might go to superstore later cause they have no tax event today.

does superstore sell Cerave products also?

so is Cetaphil products non-comedogenic too?
Old 04-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #38

so anyone here have experience with Clarin mens products? the ones i linked above ^ ?
Old 04-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #39
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
does superstore sell Cerave products also?

so is Cetaphil products non-comedogenic too?
no idea

yes

Quote:
so anyone here have experience with Clarin mens products? the ones i linked above ^ ?
Never tried them, but those look... really expensive.

If you're looking into exfoliators, I just ordered some of these so i can let you know it goes.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #40
My homepage has been set to RS

I have the same problem as you. I tend to break out onces in a while and have a mild acne problem i've been trying to get rid of for years!

This is the product im currently using now.. (just started using it not to long ago)
Acne Treatment | Best Acne Treatment | Get Rid of Acne Now!
Its not bad, I havent had any major break outs and its keeping my acne to the min.
(The last product I used shiseido, I broke out like mad.. my face looked like someone shot gun me with pimples)

Key things I find that help
- Sleep (7-9 hours)
- Sleep early! (I noticed when i break up its usually when I sleep late at 2-3am, regardless of if i get my 7-9hours)(My brother reacts the same also, he tries to sleep before 12)
- Water! drink lots of it
- Wash your face morning & night, if your face feels really oily during the day just rinse it with some cold water & pat dry
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #41
RS Veteran

a lot of you guys are attacking this issue with medication and "reaction" treatments... You should try cleansing your body from the inside out.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #42
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
Eat like shit and look like shit, best way is to find out which foods work with you and which don't and cleanse your body once in a while lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #43

Quote:
a lot of you guys are attacking this issue with medication and "reaction" treatments... You should try cleansing your body from the inside out.
how do you clean your body from inside out? shit it out ?
Old 04-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #44

Buy Cetaphil products from Canada at Well.ca - Canada's online health, beauty, and skin care store Free Shipping

so I bought these 2 products from Cetaphil at superstore today

*used them both and my skin is so much more smoother now, the cleanser works like a charm

Superstore is cheaper that this online store too ^ $17.99 compared to $21.29
Old 04-20-2013, 09:47 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonBoy View Post
I have the same problem as you. I tend to break out onces in a while and have a mild acne problem i've been trying to get rid of for years!

This is the product im currently using now.. (just started using it not to long ago)
Acne Treatment | Best Acne Treatment | Get Rid of Acne Now!
Its not bad, I havent had any major break outs and its keeping my acne to the min.
(The last product I used shiseido, I broke out like mad.. my face looked like someone shot gun me with pimples)

Key things I find that help
- Sleep (7-9 hours)
- Sleep early! (I noticed when i break up its usually when I sleep late at 2-3am, regardless of if i get my 7-9hours)(My brother reacts the same also, he tries to sleep before 12)
- Water! drink lots of it
- Wash your face morning & night, if your face feels really oily during the day just rinse it with some cold water & pat dry
Have you tried Clarins Men products?

If sleeping early is one of the cures, then it must suck for ppl who work graveyard shifts cause they start work at like 2am-9am....they must have mad pimples then

You used the Shiseido cleanser or moisturizer?
Old 04-21-2013, 08:46 AM   #46
RS Veteran

Quote:
how do you clean your body from inside out? shit it out ?
are you being serious? it's called eating clean foods, and subtracting foods that are causing your body to react negatively (ie zits and other conditions). aka cleansing.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #47

Quote:
are you being serious? it's called eating clean foods, and subtracting foods that are causing your body to react negatively (ie zits and other conditions). aka cleansing.
hahahaa i was just joking about that
Old 04-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #48
RS Veteran

Quote:
hahahaa i was just joking about that
okokok
Old 04-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #49

So i noticed there are alot of products for ACNE at Superstore yesterday (cleansers & moisturizers), so is Cetaphil the best one sold at Superstore?
Old 04-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #50
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
Posted via RS Mobile
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote