REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Constant Pimples appearing, how to stop it? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/683135-constant-pimples-appearing-how-stop.html)

tru_blue 04-18-2013 07:37 PM

Constant Pimples appearing, how to stop it?

I am finding that pimples are constantly appearing on my face and wondering if you guys got suggestions to stop this ?

About myself:

-Don't eat fried foods or oily foods (diet is rice, vegatables, meat, fruits in equal portions)
-Don't drink coffee
-wash my face once every hour
-Don't take any sort of vitamins
-Drink more than 8 cups of water/day
-Non-smoker or drinker
-Get 7.5 hours of sleep each day but I sleep at 2 30am each night
-Don't use any sort of face lotion except "Vaseline"

What do you guys think?

Matlock 04-18-2013 08:12 PM

Surprisingly enough, I find that being non-stressed and non-depressed actually helps quite a bit.

You don't need to wash your face every hour. Just make sure your face is moisturized enough not to continuously produce oil on your dry skin. I wash my face once in the morning, then I take a shower or two some time during the day, then I wash up before I sleep. I also apply a little dab of moisturizer. (I use Kiehl mens)

ryugeeh 04-18-2013 08:16 PM

Washing your face too often can make things worse.

Also get a lotion that's non-comedogenic.

jack3d 04-18-2013 08:44 PM

go to your family doctor and get the cream tactuo (known as epiduo as well in the states). apply twice a day and you'll be good. theres too many causes for acne, nobody really knows. also use cetaphil as a wash

subordinate 04-18-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tru..azn (Post 8216130)
I am finding that pimples are constantly appearing on my face and wondering if you guys got suggestions to stop this ?

About myself:

-Don't eat fried foods or oily foods (diet is rice, vegatables, meat, fruits in equal portions)
-Don't drink coffee
-wash my face once every hour
-Don't take any sort of vitamins
-Drink more than 8 cups of water/day
-Non-smoker or drinker
-Get 7.5 hours of sleep each day but I sleep at 2 30am each night
-Don't use any sort of face lotion except "Vaseline"

What do you guys think?

As others have mentioned, stress?
Get some exercise to de-stress. And washing your face once every hour....what do you wash it with? It sort of sounds excessive. Even if your face gets naturally oily, just get a damp paper towel and wipe it off.

E.D.C.5 04-18-2013 10:11 PM

maybe you should try sleeping earlier than 2:30am?

everything on the list seems good, just that part.

jjson 04-18-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack3d (Post 8216211)
go to your family doctor and get the cream tactuo (known as epiduo as well in the states). apply twice a day and you'll be good. theres too many causes for acne, nobody really knows. also use cetaphil as a wash

+1 for cetaphil. Used in combination with cetaphil moisturizing cream before going to bed, great results.

If you find cetaphil too mild, can always go for Spectro facial wash. They're sold at superstore in the cosmetic section.

And other general rules, change bed sheets frequently, try not to touch your face too much, keep areas moisturized.

I would suggest to stop using vaseline and dont wash your face every hour lol that's too much

GGnoRE 04-18-2013 10:33 PM

Washing face once every hour is going to seriously deprive your face of moisture...

How severe is your acne anyways?

boatcaptain 04-18-2013 10:56 PM

try changin your pillow case
mayb u shud buy this op
http://www.clarisonic.ca/

Posted via RS Mobile

bcedhk 04-18-2013 10:59 PM

was this pre or post giving the gifts to your girl-friend? :troll:

tru_blue 04-18-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subordinate (Post 8216318)
As others have mentioned, stress?
Get some exercise to de-stress. And washing your face once every hour....what do you wash it with? It sort of sounds excessive. Even if your face gets naturally oily, just get a damp paper towel and wipe it off.

nope i don't have any stress and I do work out. I just wash it off with cold water
Quote:

Originally Posted by E.D.C.5 (Post 8216344)
maybe you should try sleeping earlier than 2:30am?

everything on the list seems good, just that part.

Yea it could be. I do get around 8 hours of sleep tho...
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjson (Post 8216351)
+1 for cetaphil. Used in combination with cetaphil moisturizing cream before going to bed, great results.

If you find cetaphil too mild, can always go for Spectro facial wash. They're sold at superstore in the cosmetic section.

And other general rules, change bed sheets frequently, try not to touch your face too much, keep areas moisturized.

I would suggest to stop using vaseline and dont wash your face every hour lol that's too much

So cetaphil is like a face lotion or face wash? I do change bed sheets often and I only use little bits of vaseline when I go out
Quote:

Originally Posted by GGnoRE (Post 8216386)
Washing face once every hour is going to seriously deprive your face of moisture...

How severe is your acne anyways?

Thing is if I don;t wash it once an hour, my face gets really oily...so acne is what ppl call Pimples? Its not that serious, just a few like 8 small ones on my face
Quote:

Originally Posted by eddy89 (Post 8216429)
was this pre or post giving the gifts to your girl-friend? :troll:

its been like this for 2 months now
Quote:

Originally Posted by boatcaptain (Post 8216424)
try changin your pillow case
mayb u shud buy this op
clarisonic

Posted via RS Mobile

yupp. I change pillow cases once every 2 weeks

GGnoRE 04-18-2013 11:33 PM

I see. The reason why I asked was because if you had serious acne, oral medicine might have been a good option.

I think the reason why your face becomes so oily if you don't wash your face frequently is probably because you've made your face is accustomed to the habit of constantly removing oil from your face. Its like smokers who constantly spit feel the urge to keep spitting because their saliva glands are constantly producing more to counter the spitting.

Also washing your face with water doesn't really cleanse the skin. You should use cetaphil and non-comedogenic moisturizer.

Do you touch your face often? If yes, you shouldn't. Scratching or popping pimples can make it spread to the surrounding.

tru_blue 04-18-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GGnoRE (Post 8216506)
I see. The reason why I asked was because if you had serious acne, oral medicine might have been a good option.

I think the reason why your face becomes so oily if you don't wash your face frequently is probably because you've made your face is accustomed to the habit of constantly removing oil from your face. Its like smokers who constantly spit feel the urge to keep spitting because their saliva glands are constantly producing more to counter the spitting.

Also washing your face with water doesn't really cleanse the skin. You should use cetaphil and non-comedogenic moisturizer.

Do you touch your face often? If yes, you shouldn't. Scratching or popping pimples can make it spread to the surrounding.

any brand of non-comedogenic moisturizer you can reccomend? How much does cetaphil sell for at Superstore? so its located where the shampoos/gel are?

I don't touch my face often. So if i get a pimple, i should just leave it? does it go away once its formed?

jjson 04-18-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tru..azn (Post 8216449)
So cetaphil is like a face lotion or face wash? I do change bed sheets often and I only use little bits of vaseline when I go out

Cetaphil has both moisturizing lotion and a face wash, both of them are oil free. The point is to keep your skin hydrated and let it be able to "breathe". Vaseline which contains oil will block your pores from breathing and not letting the acne heal.

tru_blue 04-19-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjson (Post 8216553)
Cetaphil has both moisturizing lotion and a face wash, both of them are oil free. The point is to keep your skin hydrated and let it be able to "breathe". Vaseline which contains oil will block your pores from breathing and not letting the acne heal.

so where can I buy this Cetaphil product? so they are sold in packs of two (lotion+face wash) ?

so by buying Cetaphil, I am good to go? any other products I should use?

Spidey 04-19-2013 05:28 PM

how old are you? if it is teenage acne caused by hormones, nothing over the counter will really work. You will need to go on prescription medication if it is that bad. if it is adult acne, I would seriously consider evaluating your diet. When I say evaluate your diet, I don't mean to out junk food. Sometimes acne can be caused by food allergies, dairy, gluten etc. It could be anything though, from hormones, to foods you are/aren't eating, to sleeping with hair product in your hair (i get acne when i sleep without washing my hair and the crap gets on my pillow and on my face overnight).

Skin conditions is usually your body's way of saying that it is expelling toxins that are inside your body.

Spidey 04-19-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GGnoRE (Post 8216506)

I was always told that popping zits can cause it to spread, but I personally don't believe it. I rather pop it and risk it spreading than to have a zit sit around and annoy me for days. Even with topical creams, zits last a few days, and is annoying.

tru_blue 04-19-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueG2 (Post 8217376)
how old are you? if it is teenage acne caused by hormones, nothing over the counter will really work. You will need to go on prescription medication if it is that bad. if it is adult acne, I would seriously consider evaluating your diet. When I say evaluate your diet, I don't mean to out junk food. Sometimes acne can be caused by food allergies, dairy, gluten etc. It could be anything though, from hormones, to foods you are/aren't eating, to sleeping with hair product in your hair (i get acne when i sleep without washing my hair and the crap gets on my pillow and on my face overnight).

Skin conditions is usually your body's way of saying that it is expelling toxins that are inside your body.

I'm 25. I have short hair so I don't really need to gel it or apply hair products. My acne is not really that bad, maybe just like 8-10 small pimples on my skin.

the annoying thing is that once you pop it, the wound doesnt seem to heal and becomes a red/light brown spot on your forehead.

tru_blue 04-19-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueG2 (Post 8217379)
I was always told that popping zits can cause it to spread, but I personally don't believe it. I rather pop it and risk it spreading than to have a zit sit around and annoy me for days. Even with topical creams, zits last a few days, and is annoying.

so what usually happens if you just let the pimple as it is? does it disappear by itself?

FI-Z33 04-19-2013 08:34 PM

Stop washing your face so often. Maybe only three times a day. And stop using vaseline!! It blocks your pores and your skin can't breathe. Use a waterbase moisturizer. If your face gets too oily, just blot it with tissue paper (dont wipe though or it may irritate your skin)

Changing your moisturizer will definitely change the oil producing behaviour of your skin
Posted via RS Mobile

tru_blue 04-19-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FI-Z33 (Post 8217510)
Stop washing your face so often. Maybe only three times a day. And stop using vaseline!! It blocks your pores and your skin can't breathe. Use a waterbase moisturizer. If your face gets too oily, just blot it with tissue paper (dont wipe though or it may irritate your skin)

Changing your moisturizer will definitely change the oil producing behaviour of your skin
Posted via RS Mobile

any water base moisturizer you can recommend and where can i buy it?

btw i only put on vaseline when i go out so its only on me for 3-4 hours

boatcaptain 04-19-2013 09:34 PM

go to lush n buy this op
Skin Drink - Lush Canada

and try n not eat this.it smells like real cupcake :p
http://www.lush.ca/Cupcake/06095,en_...esh-face-masks

subordinate 04-19-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tru..azn (Post 8217561)
any water base moisturizer you can recommend and where can i buy it?

btw i only put on vaseline when i go out so its only on me for 3-4 hours

Why would you put on vaseline before you go ut? :badpokerface:
I heard of putting some below the eyes before bed, to tighten up the skin the next day, but that's it.

And you never pop pimples, it'll scar.

Someone mentioned, definitely change your pillow case nightly. use a t-shirt if you don't have 7 pillow cases.

tru_blue 04-19-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subordinate (Post 8217577)
Why would you put on vaseline before you go ut? :badpokerface:
I heard of putting some below the eyes before bed, to tighten up the skin the next day, but that's it.

And you never pop pimples, it'll scar.

Someone mentioned, definitely change your pillow case nightly. use a t-shirt if you don't have 7 pillow cases.

I just apply bits of it under my eye when i go out thats it. I never apply it to the forehead etc

changing your pillow case nightly is a bit extreme no? i change it once a week

FI-Z33 04-19-2013 10:21 PM

Then your problem is that you dont use any type of moisturizer. When you dont moisturize your skin gets really dry hence it produces its own oil yo compensate. Start moisturizing... as for waterbased moisturizer...khiels have few for men. I personally like shiseido
Posted via RS Mobile