REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:51 AM   #1
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Brushing teeth after Alcohol

Do I really need to brush my teeth again after a little bit of whiskey?

I have started leaning towards a habit of sipping a glass of Scotch to ease stress and warm my body before going to bed, spending a few quiet minutes with a single malt, my browser, and some good music. I usually do this a few hours after brushing my teeth, and I prefer not going back to brush my teeth again before going to bed (it totally kills the pleasant pre-sleep buzz).
Will the sugar or anything else in the scotch be bad for my teeth in the long run?
How big is the difference if it was, say a glass of wine?
Posted via RS Mobile

Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2013, 03:03 AM   #2
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Do I really need to brush my teeth again after a little bit of whiskey?

I have started leaning towards a habit of sipping a glass of Scotch to ease stress and warm my body before going to bed, spending a few quiet minutes with a single malt, my browser, and some good music. I usually do this a few hours after brushing my teeth, and I prefer not going back to brush my teeth again before going to bed (it totally kills the pleasant pre-sleep buzz).
Will the sugar or anything else in the scotch be bad for my teeth in the long run?
How big is the difference if it was, say a glass of wine?
Posted via RS Mobile
Really good question. I tend to think not - although that may be me biased as I also have a dram most nights and I'm not about to ruin the lingering finish with toothpaste, no matter how minty fresh it may be. I do normally have a cup of water right before falling asleep though. In regards to the sugar, realistically there should be very little, if any in scotch as it's all in the form of alcohol by the time it's bottled. I would be much more worried about a glass of red wine before bed as I would guess it would stain your teeth far more than any whisky.

Besides, mouthwashes are made with alcohol, the more the merrier I say...

Listermint 6.6%
Cepacol 14.0%
Signal 14.5%
Scope 18.9%
Listerine 26.9%
The Glenlivet 12 Year 40%
Glenmorangie The Quinta Ruban 46%
Edradour STFC Chateauneuf du Pape Cask Finish 57.5%
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:50 AM   #3
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,813 Times in 2,502 Posts
if only you posted a week earlier i woulda asked my dentist last saturday when i went in. now i gotta wait 6 months! i always just figured the alcohol will kill any bacteria

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #4
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
i assume alcohol will kill bacteria in ur mouth, seeing as its liquid i also assume it wont leave much residue unlike food..

i read somewhere long ago if you eat yogurt you wake up with fresh breath, tried it and its true, the bacteria in yogurt suppresses the bacteria caused in your mouth.

alcohol kills bacteria... so i assume it would do the same
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #5
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

whiskey/scotch is mostly made of wheat... therefore would have alot of sugar in it. is it better than wine?? yes.. you shouldn't brush your teeth after drinking wine cuz your enamel is soft shortly after consumption.

this is what i think or from what i've read... and no.. i don't believe everything that the internet says.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #6
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Brush your teeth with a bottle of jack
tarobbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #7
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
I, too, often sip a drink at the end of the night. I prefer gin with a touch of water.

Interested in more information.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:14 PM   #8
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,068 Times in 1,253 Posts
alot of sugar and spices in scotch

and cheap scotch = caramel coloring

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 02:42 PM   #9
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,813 Times in 2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsup View Post
you shouldn't brush your teeth after drinking wine cuz your enamel is soft shortly after consumption.

this is what i think or from what i've read... and no.. i don't believe everything that the internet says.
so i got back from the dentist and asked the question, the hygenist was giving me the look and asked why i'm asking

she said wait 30min after a drink to brush due to softening of enamel and liquor contains acid as well. bottom line yes you must brush, but wait 30min before you do. as far as alcohol killing bacteria, that's more of the 99% medical alcohol, so don't do what ke$ha says

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2014, 03:42 PM   #10
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I believe alcohol leaves you dehydrated, so it would leave your mouth dry and susceptible to bacteria growth.
Retrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:32 PM   #11
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I would brush my teeth after your last meal/snack at bare minimum. The morning brush you dont really have to care, but the night brush is important to get our the tiny bits of food in your teeth.

You should be able to get away with scotch before bed that way, but sip quality stuff and pay extra attention to how your teeth feel over the course of a few months. Pain = not good = dont fucking do it anymore

Brushing your teeth is overrated, it is actually very slightly damaging because you are scraping off a layer of enamel. Natural teeth are suppose to be slightly yellow, its a societal construct that WHITE teeth are king. But still brush cause shit in between your teeth can cause nasty decaying.

Last edited by z3german; 04-19-2014 at 04:40 PM.
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:57 PM   #12

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3german View Post
Brushing your teeth is overrated
dont be mad that you got yellow ass teeth bro
Old 04-19-2014, 10:24 PM   #13
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Haha, mine arnt hollywood white, but they are def within the spectrum of normal. I take care of my teeth, you only got one set, something my momma drilled in my when I was young.
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2014, 11:54 AM   #14
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

^ you can say that again LOL. I have a front crown after I lost a tooth in a fight. My crown has come loose before and once in awhile I dream about losing teeth now. Take good care of your teeth!
Posted via RS Mobile
dn53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:47 PM   #15
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsup View Post
whiskey/scotch is mostly made of wheat... therefore would have alot of sugar in it. is it better than wine?? yes.. you shouldn't brush your teeth after drinking wine cuz your enamel is soft shortly after consumption.

Yeah same with drinking juice or anything acidic
Posted via RS Mobile
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote