REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #26
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
Dude with your grammar and logic, I'm not sure that I want YOU driving, let alone a 15 year old.

I drove when I was 15 without a license a couple times and I was at least smart enough to drive the speed limit + 10% so I wouldn't get caught. In hindsight, it was retarded and I could have really screwed up mine and my family's lives (if I had hit somebody or something - no insurance coverage). But you could maybe make the argument I had a bit of a hope of being a reasonable driver.

On the other hand, if you are 15 and drive 175km/h and don't understand that that makes you an OBVIOUS target and you ARE going to get busted, then you CLEARLY aren't "almost" mature enough to drive whether you are in grade 6 OR 10.
lol just because I didnt type They are, and I actually noticed it when I was commenting, but thought w.e.

and LOL you thought you were Smart because you drove at 15 with no license and speed limit PLUS 10%?!
I dont even..

your smart enough to know what you did was illegal because you were scared to get 'caught' I ll give you smart on that, but what you did was plain dumb.

like you even stated that driving at 15 with no insurance and license, if anything was to happen your fucked.

you think this kid that drove 175kms, didnt know this?

what difference are you from him?
Advertisement
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xilley View Post
what difference are you from him?
hes good english skilled
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #28
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Inb4 the usual whining about the unfairness of the impound law and how it will adversely affect the parents' lives. LEARN TO CONTROL YOUR FUCKING BRAT.
I've done a lot of stupid shit when I was younger, as i'm sure most of us have. It had nothing to do with our parents or them controlling us.

My parents were pretty strict and as such, I am very respectful to my elders, my superiors, and to pretty much everyone I meet. I have never caused problems in school, do more house chores than most of my friends combined, and most of my cousins are compared to my sister and I in regards to how respectful and helpful we are.

That being said, I've done a lot of stupid shit. Including sneaking out when i'm not supposed to, driving fast in their cars, and other countless stupid things. The kid is 15. Now, I don't condone his speeding, as that is really dangerous. But, kids do stupid things because they lack experience and perspective.

Though, in my experience, most parents are not strict enough or provide the correct guidance. So I kind of see where you're coming from.
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #29
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
hes good english skilled
you mean "His" ?
Old 04-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #30
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,120 Times in 280 Posts
nope "his" alone wont fix that grammatical nightmare, but of course it was on purpose
duy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #31
Banned By Establishment

fuck me. fail me gais.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2013, 05:28 PM   #32
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
I've done that... In Shuswap in the Volvo.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #33

well back to the topic...
there's a certain amount of common sense this kid is missing, yes some or many of us might have taken our parents car for a joyride when we were younger but to go 175/h is a little more than pushing it. definitely hope there's some major punishment so he can hopefully learn and gain some life experience out of this, or maybe a beating if hes asian / south asian.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:36 PM   #34
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by duy- View Post
there's a certain amount of common sense this kid is missing, yes some or many of us might have taken our parents car for a joyride when we were younger but to go 175/h is a little more than pushing it. definitely hope there's some major punishment so he can hopefully learn and gain some life experience out of this, or maybe a beating if hes asian / south asian.
oh yeah they never mentioned the race.
I m guessing caucasian? hence Cadi.

inb4 imagine this was an asian kid driving bmw m6
Old 04-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #35
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
who the fuck cares what race he is...a kid is a kid.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #36
Banned By Establishment

Alright Xilley...since you disagree with me and think it is relevant, please explain.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:23 PM   #37
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
I sympathize with the kid.

At 15, I might have stolen my parents car to get pussy. The kid's brain was not the decision making authority in his body, we all know that.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #38
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
Alright Xilley...since you disagree with me and think it is relevant, please explain.
nah I dont need to explain, because it just wont stop.

I m actually quite surprised how much hate and how mad your getting over the internet. lol

thats all.

back to original topic.
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #39
Banned By Establishment

Quote:

I m actually quite surprised how much hate and how mad you're getting over the internet. lol

thats all.

back to original topic.
fixed.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #40
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
Quote:

I m actually quite surprised how much hate and how mad your getting over the internet. lol

thats all.

back to original topic.
Is that because you don't have a legit reason.... just like all of the fails you give in the white chicks thread?

murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #41
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
who the fuck cares what race he is...a kid is a kid.
Because if it was an Asian kid in m6, RS would call the beat down crew on him.
Posted via RS Mobile
sekin67835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #42
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Is that because you don't have a legit reason.... just like all of the fails you give in the white chicks thread?

i think thats the twanger thread
Old 04-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #43
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I feel rs is going easy on the kid cause its a cadilac cts and not some rich mofo fag china boy in his parents r8 (with an N of course) racing with his porche ferrari buddies with N's.

I feel for the kid, 175 is a bit fast though, but hey at least it was for pussy, and thank glob he didnt hit anyone.
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2013, 06:54 PM   #44

feels like I'm beating a dead horse here, but I think what xiley was trying to get at was that the media portrays a rich Asian kid who's speeding down a highway a lot worst than they would a white kid? or even revscene for that matter as previously mentioned^
it's probably easier to sympathize in this case because the kid in question is somewhat relatable to some of us here? 15 year old kid does crazy shit to get laid, yup...
whereas we can't relate to having parents with tons of money, buying lots of expensive cars, going to foreign countries to show it off, speeding, not eating proper amounts of meals because looking like Nicole ricci is sexy in our motherland.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #45
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3german View Post
I feel rs is going easy on the kid cause its a cadilac cts and not some rich mofo fag china boy in his parents r8 (with an N of course) racing with his porche ferrari buddies with N's.

I feel for the kid, 175 is a bit fast though, but hey at least it was for pussy, and thank glob he didnt hit anyone.
In my opinion, the ease is not because of race or parent's wealth.

175km/h is extremely fast, very likely lethal in an accident, but we've all made a comparable mistake once in our youth. The essential consideration is that we all learned from it, growing into responsible productive adults who drive safely. RS is in an optimistic mood today, expecting this incident is an isolated one time thing like it was for us.

The similar incidents involving high end vehicles have not been isolated incidents, they've grown very routine. The pool of offenders is not learning, they're returning to the same spots over and over and expressing pride at what they've done. It's impossible to be optimistic on these events anymore.

People like to say, it's the wealth of the owners of the high end vehicles that causes such strong criticism to be directed at them. That's not the case, though. If, let's say, BCHondas members were routinely involved in identical incidents to the high end cars, I'd wager, the reaction would likely be the same or worse.

Support:
RS chastised the speeding kid on a motorcycle.
http://www.revscene.net/forums/66661...-hijinx-2.html

Last edited by MindBomber; 04-25-2013 at 07:05 PM.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #46
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
They should suspend the parents' licence, force them to retake the tests and attend parental classes. On top of that, a hefty fine of around $25,000.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #47
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
Dude with your grammar and logic, I'm not sure that I want YOU driving, let alone a 15 year old.

I drove when I was 15 without a license a couple times and I was at least smart enough to drive the speed limit + 10% so I wouldn't get caught. In hindsight, it was retarded and I could have really screwed up mine and my family's lives (if I had hit somebody or something - no insurance coverage). But you could maybe make the argument I had a bit of a hope of being a reasonable driver.

On the other hand, if you are 15 and drive 175km/h and don't understand that that makes you an OBVIOUS target and you ARE going to get busted, then you CLEARLY aren't "almost" mature enough to drive whether you are in grade 6 OR 10.
bit ironic... no?

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #48
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Regardless of the kid's race, or even if he's too old for it...
time out - YouTube
CorneringArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #49
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by duy- View Post
Somebody gonna get a-hurt, reeeeaaal bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:50 PM   #50
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
This thread makes my head hurt.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: