REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Some effing people [dog story inside] (https://www.revscene.net/forums/683402-some-effing-people-%5Bdog-story-inside%5D.html)

spoon.ek9 04-26-2013 08:47 PM

Some effing people [dog story inside]

As some of you here know, I have a few dogs I take care of. One of the things I do frequently is run with my huskies using my razor scooter (yes, a razor scooter) from way back when. It's quite simple really, I ride, they pull, people generally look and smile cuz well... it's two huskies pulling me on a scooter, what's not to like?

My route is the same, we do laps around my neighbourhood on the street and I do so until they've had enough. Today of all days, I've been doing this for maybe a year now, a neighbour stops me to say a few words. But before I get to that, let me give you some background info first.

About two years ago, I was running with one of my huskies and he was off leash in the park. As we passed a blind corner, this lady had her huge dog out and mine (out of excitement) jumped on hers. I immediately pulled him off of course and no damage was done. I admit this was entirely my fault and I assured her it wouldn't happen again. Now, not that this is an excuse, but the husky in this case is pretty harmless. He's shy and won't let you pet him. Heck, he's even peed himself when he unexpectedly came across a new friend I had brought home. He wasn't attacking her dog, he was hyper and wanted to play.

Within those 2 years, her dog has attacked mine multiple times and I have never complained. Why? Because dogs do that, they're hard to control sometimes, I get that. Her dog is so huge it routinely breaks leashes and goes after my boys. Hell, she even had her dog off leash in her front yard and again, it attacked my boys wanting to start a fight. Her husband however, is a gentleman and apologizes profusely for his dog's actions. In fact, he always says hello as I pass by and we have small talk as friendly neighbours normally do. Each time this has happened, I tell him "It's alright, no worries" and go about my business as usual. No harm, no foul.

So wtf happened today you ask? As I was finishing my final lap with the huskies, she flags me down and says this:

"Can you not run your dogs somewhere else? Every time you pass by, my dogs (she has 2) go crazy and bark. I'm getting complaints from people and it's because of you. You're disturbing my dogs and the dogs over there too. Can you not run up and down [street name]? If you keep this up, I'm going to report you."

I was stunned.

I didn't say much of anything to her because I knew it was pointless. Yes, I could have bitched her out for being such a royal cunt but there's no need for that. It's a small, quiet, and generally peaceful place to live. But seriously, wtf lady?

Last I checked, there's no law against walking your dogs on a public street in broad daylight. Go ahead and fucking report me, I'm pretty damn sure the law is on my side here. Also, it's your dogs that are barking, not mine. Control your dogs maybe...? When my dogs bark, I do something magical called controlling them. Do I blame others when they bark? Uhh.. no. What if a dog barks at every car that passes by, does that mean no one is allowed to drive past your house because you say so? Hahahah, fuck you.

What it comes down to is, she doesn't like me. Maybe she still holds that one incident 2 years ago against me but, damn lady, your dog has attacked mine about 5-6 times by now and it's a fucking giant compared to my two huskies weighing less than 50lbs a piece. I haven't even complained about that yet, and you can't deal with me rolling past your house on a public street in the daytime? Please.

Tell me if I'm wrong here. I don't see how she has a leg to stand on.

NSX 04-26-2013 08:52 PM

You've done nothing wrong. Its not surprising that there are people like that in this world.

wingies 04-26-2013 08:55 PM

tell me what street, ill bring both my german shepherds to run laps up and down your block

edit: and good on you for understanding that sometimes dogs are hard to control, most dogs just want to play and have fun and get overly excited when they see a friend. I feel more sorry for her dogs to have a shitty owner like that, 99% of the time its the owner's who dont give a fuck to take the time and patience to teach their dogs.

Gridlock 04-26-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 (Post 8222945)
I didn't say much of anything to her because I knew it was pointless. Yes, I could have bitched her out for being such a royal cunt but there's no need for that. It's a small, quiet, and generally peaceful place to live. But seriously, wtf lady?

so, you take it to the internet instead? :)

Seriously, you know what I love about people? They are assholes. I notice a lot of people here in Vancouver love to threaten shit like an american, but pussy out on it like a canadian.

In my world, all she did was make sure that her house is always on my route.

EvoLove 04-26-2013 09:00 PM

i have a husky also, there so friendly XD, the probplem is that hes to small to pull me :(

Zordon 04-26-2013 09:00 PM

Maybe she needs to take obedience courses for herself cause she's the one that needs training on so many levels.

rsx 04-26-2013 09:10 PM

Fuck her. She's clearly too dumb to train her dogs to not bark at you guys. Keep the same route, don't worry about her.

xilley 04-26-2013 09:14 PM

call me up next time you go for a jog around her house.. we could all have a dog meet infront of her house. :lawl:

EvoLove 04-26-2013 09:21 PM

IM DOWN ill bring my maltese which will really bark at everything she sees

noventa 04-26-2013 09:37 PM

should bbq her dog and eat them.

Alby 04-26-2013 09:37 PM

ignore that cunt. keep what you're doing. she has nothing on you. in fact, stop in front of her house for a water break. meet some RS fellows and perhaps walk the block several times. if anything, she will be the one that has to deal with the city about the noise complaints by the neighbors.

RecklessNS 04-26-2013 09:39 PM

I say talk to the husband when you get a chance and see whatsup whatsup. wouldn't hurt to actually find out whats her deal but still definitely a bitch move.

Jobo 04-26-2013 09:45 PM

http://i.qkme.me/35nsto.jpg

jokes aside, thats pretty fucking stupid.
It's not your fault that her dogs aren't trained to keep their shit together when people/dogs pass by

CRS 04-26-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xilley (Post 8222962)
call me up next time you go for a jog around her house.. we could all have a dog meet infront of her house. :lawl:

This. I wouldn't mind meeting up with other dog owners that are on RS.

Also.... Pics of huskies now. plox.

dohboi 04-26-2013 09:58 PM

im in =)

godwin 04-26-2013 10:05 PM

This is one of those situations which I think Google Glasses will be useful. Can you imagine how much more youtube uploads like this when it comes out? OP next time have a Hero cam to record to encounter!

FN-2199 04-26-2013 10:32 PM

I'm almost tempted to go down to your area just to play with my dog in front of her house :accepted:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/4d...cks_i_give.jpg

Nlkko 04-26-2013 10:32 PM

I would say report her dog for attacking yours instead and no need to make any threats. But that just harm the dog and do nothing to her. Fucked up as the animal is not at fault.

People lack some serious manners. Tell her next time that the world doesn't revolve around her.

rawr 04-26-2013 11:06 PM

RS dog meet in front of said lady's house
Posted via RS Mobile

iwantaskyline 04-26-2013 11:13 PM

Be a man and tell her she's a royal cunt.

racerman88 04-26-2013 11:22 PM

Just make sure your dog has a license so that if she tries to report you, nothing can be done. I doubt that animal control will come out though. I would expect them to tell her to control her own dogs.

invader 04-27-2013 12:03 AM

RS dog walking meet.

StylinRed 04-27-2013 12:12 AM

Maybe somethings wrong in her family life?

I had a neighbour that was a royal douche (when i was in high school) he would constantly complain about music being played and would go nuts at times. Thing is several times he'd come by and bitch about loud music when its not even coming from our house (i couldn't hear it from in my house but at the doorstep speaking to him i could hear the faint sound of bass)

I actually never played music loudly but my stereo is placed near where he sits on his patio so I guess he could hear it regardless of the volume. but ever since his insane complaints i would make it a point to turn the stereo up whenever i could, as loud as possible (i was a teenager what can i say?)

I wasn't his only victim of abuse though other neighbours experienced the same even my friends who would come by (they got their own revenge with eggs)

It wasn't until some time later that I learned one of his daughters, around my age, was dying...after learning that I stopped trying to annoy him, he would still complain mind you and it even got worse (his daughter had passed away) but overtime he stopped his complaints and then he and his family moved away

so... basically what im saying is consider that she may have personal problems and just ignore her, if she confronts you tell her to fuck off but politely as you can ;)

quasi 04-27-2013 12:12 AM

I don't think I would purposely try and annoy her but I wouldn't go out of my way to avoid her house either. Just keep doing what you're doing if she escalates it then feel free to be an asshole.

You want to be a real prick go stand near her house, pull out a camcorder and record her house with the barking dogs (leave your dogs out of the shot). Complain to animal control about her barking dogs and back it up with your video, they can fine her especially if she's getting lots of complaints.

dinamix 04-27-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwantaskyline (Post 8223073)
Be a man and tell her she's a royal cunt.

This.