REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #76
RS controls my life!

Coincidentally speaking of all this and my above post, the same guy that came into my yard last year or so walked straight jn again today. I was on the phone and as soo as he saw me he quickly turned and walked back out to the main road. I followed him for a bit but lost him. He went and scoped out other yards of small businesses.

The guy looks about late 20's or mid 30s, caucasion, glasses, tattoo of words or symbols in a line on his right lower calf, and about 170-190lbs. Anyone see this fagggor around let me know. Gonna be reportin it tomorrow morning.
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
SupraTTturbo2jz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #77
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
^where about are you? I asked the police if there were any similar situations around my area, he said nothing yet.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:16 AM   #78
RS controls my life!

South surrey! Last time they had a patrol car parked across from my house but no luck
Posted via RS Mobile
SupraTTturbo2jz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:26 AM   #79
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I had a dude walk into my drive way just as i pulled up and he said he was looking for the ppl in the basement. We don't have our basement rented out. A week later, my grandmother told me someone was in our backyard scoping out the scene i assume. A few days later the guy i first saw in my drive way tried breaking into the basement side of the house. He probably thought we had it rented out and wouldn't notice but that's actually the area where me and my brother chill out in. Anyways, i see him through the window and he bolts for the street. Me and my brother chased him down the street about half a block and just as that happens a cop pulled up and got him and us. Explained the situation to the police, realized how stupid it was to chase him in the street. Anyways, the police said the guy was known to do this and is in and out of jail. They sent another investigator to take prints off the window and door. After that, never heard of the situation again, never called to see what happened to the guy. One cop that i knew through volunteering did say that he won't come back to our house because ppl like him look to make a quick break and enter and don't want to put in work. Anyways, he also told me that if we caught him on the street and hit him or anything, it would technically be battery. Be smart and safe!

Our house is fairly new and the security system on the inside was all set but the outside still had to have the cameras installed which was done about a week after this incident. Cameras don't really stop it from happening but they do prevent common thieves from coming due to the amount of work they will have to do to make a quick buck.
van_city23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:38 AM   #80

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
^^^..it's only illegal if they catch you.....you & you're bro could have beat this guy senseless to not remember anything
Old 05-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #81
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
^^^..it's only illegal if they catch you.....you & you're bro could have beat this guy senseless to not remember anything
And those stairs. They seem to be everywhere, and are tripping hazards! Not my fault that thieves are clumsy on their feet.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:14 AM   #82
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I live in the killarney area too, within the past 3 months i had random dudes walking into my back yard during the day time and once a pair try to break into the front window

tilt your head back and using your hand pretend to shake a salt shaker in your mouth... you will notice that it will actually taste like salt in your mouth..
elwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #83
RS controls my life!

Crime Maps - Vancouver Police Department

Updated every Wednesday (usually) for last week incidents.
TFA - Theft from Auto
RBNE - Residential Break and Enter
CBNE - Commercial Break and Enter
TOA - Theft of Vehicle (car was stolen from..)

There's also crime alerts you can sign up from postal codes which gives you information if there's something going on in your neighbourhood and mugshots of wanted people/crimes via crime stoppers
l2_narain is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #84

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
I asked the police what my rights are if hypothetically someone entered my premises or broke in. He said it's trespassing if they are on your property if it's 9pm-6AM (if I recall the time) and you are entitled to call the cops if they don't leave.

If someone broke in, you can beat the crap out of them, but not beat them to till they die You are self defending your own "turf" and just say that, you live with women and protecting them as an act of self-defense. I said that, I didn't want to get charged with assault and sued for attacking someone and he said those cases are to the extreme, only in the states. Big guys MMA style guys on the theives or pulling out a gun on them to the point they are clinging to the edge of their life type of thing.

In the end, he recommends not attacking them as you don't know if they will whip out a gun or carry some disease and pass it onto you. Call the police ASAP if anything.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2013, 10:40 PM   #85
RS controls my life!

anyone know of affordable good quality HD residential cameras? I was looking at logitech alert cameras
Old 05-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #86
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Go to ebay and search for CCTV with D1 resolution capability. Once you installed one of them you will realize the field of vision is really small for any camera.. 5m x 5m max, so get as many channels as you can afford.. I would say for a 2 garage house with a yard.. 16 cameras should just cover it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraTTturbo2jz View Post
anyone know of affordable good quality HD residential cameras? I was looking at logitech alert cameras

Last edited by godwin; 05-03-2013 at 11:21 PM.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #87
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
Go to ebay and search for CCTV with D1 resolution capability. Once you installed one of them you will realize the field of vision is really small for any camera.. 5m x 5m max, so get as many channels as you can afford.. I would say for a 2 garage house with a yard.. 16 cameras should just cover it.

D1 is not HD, it's barely above VGA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote