REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Employment Resources

Employment Resources THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene-opolis
Share job postings, network, workplace humour or politics..

Old 04-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Volunteering Opportunities

Hey Revscene, this summer I'm not going to be very occupied so I wanted to know if there were any good volunteering opportunities for an undergraduate student. I'm currently studying engineering atm so something along the lines of that would be nice, but any other suggestions are welcomed as well. I'm mostly just trying to build my resume up with some volunteer experiences for my future employers.

So far the only good volunteer opportunities I dug up are:

- Community Centres
- South Vancouver Community policing centre
- Salvation army

It's too bad that cadets don't operate during the summer or I'd probably volunteer there as well, as I used to be a part of the cadet program.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Kidnapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:11 AM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts
What type of engineering are you in?

just information for all...

If you are in Ricemond

check out volunteer Richmond's database

Volunteer Opportunities

Volunteer Vancouver should have a database too. If you really want a position, please call the contact and arrange a meeting or just talk about the position. Also don't forget volweb.ca!

Volunteering might not give you the experience in the career you are going after. But you never know if the volunteer next to you might be the boss of a huge firm in your field. It's great to give back to your community or just to see what's happening in your community.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #3
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I'm currently in 1st year general engineering.

I guess it doesn't really matter too much that the volunteer opportunities relate much to my field, but I think it would be important that I at least get some sort of experience out of it that employers may find desirable.

Thanks for the website Yray, I live in south van but I'll check out the richmond volunteering opportunities as well.
Kidnapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
RS.net Licensed Sponsor Dealer

volunteer at red cross
877 356 3226
Autorice is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #5
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Why don't you try volunteering at smaller charities or organisations?

red cross, sally an, etc all have hundred of volunteers...maybe try something more local like a small animal rescue centre...meals-on-wheels...local food bank...kids outreach or summer camp, etc.

I'd suggest focusing on a community-based organization...somewhere you could make a bigger impact.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: