REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Three missing girls held captive for a decade have been found (https://www.revscene.net/forums/683765-three-missing-girls-held-captive-decade-have-been-found.html)

BurnoutBinLaden 05-06-2013 10:08 PM

Three missing girls held captive for a decade have been found

Quote:

Amanda Berry was last seen after finishing her shift at a Burger King in Cleveland in 2003. It was the eve of her 17th birthday.

Georgina "Gina" DeJesus disappeared nearly a year later, in April 2004. She was 14.

Michele Knight vanished in 2002, at age 21, according to the Plain Dealer.

Al three were found alive in a home in a Cleveland neighborhood Monday night, police announced in a development hailed as a miracle by their families.

"Help me, I am Amanda Berry," Berry told police in a frantic 911 call from a neighbor's house. "I've been kidnapped and I've been missing for 10 years. And I'm here, I'm free now."

Police swiftly moved in on the house where the three of them said they had been and arrested a 52-year-old man, identified as a former school bus driver. Two others, identified as his brothers, ages 50 and 54, also have been arrested, Deputy Police Chief Ed Tomba told reporters late Monday. Only the middle brother lived at the home, Tomba said.

The three women and a fourth person were being treated at Cleveland's Metro Health Medical Center on Monday, said Dr. Gerald Maloney, an emergency room physician there.

"This isn't the ending we usually hear to these stories, so we're very happy. We're very happy for them," Maloney said.

The three women were in fair condition. Maloney would not identify the fourth person being seen at the hospital, but witnesses said Berry, who escaped from the house with the help of a neighbor, had a young child with her.

"They were crazy, screaming, 'Help, call police, please help.' ... They were desperate, crying, running," said Angela Garcia, whose aunt provided the phone for them to call police.
'I've been kidnapped!' -- cops find 3 women missing for years - CNN.com

Verdasco 05-06-2013 10:11 PM

10 years in the kid nappers house? sick....

subordinate 05-06-2013 10:14 PM

LOL, Dude is awesome at the interview.

Seriously, watch all of it.

Verdasco 05-06-2013 10:15 PM

o god that interview.... fucking golden "you know something was wrong when a white pretty women comes to a black man's arm"

deserves a year full of mcdonalds after he finished his huge combo before saving her.

red_2 05-06-2013 10:17 PM

LOL

This interview will probably go viral.

tmc22 05-06-2013 10:42 PM

LOL little pretty white girl running to a black man's arms :lawl:

jjson 05-06-2013 10:42 PM

deaaaaaaad giveaway a new meme is gonna come out from this

Yodamaster 05-06-2013 10:48 PM

DeJesus!??

I feel bad for those girls, but LOL.

OGCStrike 05-06-2013 10:51 PM

hahahaah awesome guy :D

BurnoutBinLaden 05-06-2013 10:51 PM

This story filled me with a dread that recent current events have failed to do. These girls were found and are now safe. But what about the countless other missing people; people who may be hiding in plain sight, people who you may know personally, people who-like in this scenario-were kidnapped by someone close to them. Just like rape, it's more likely to be done by a friend or family member rather than some random stranger.

Imagine, someone tells you they're going out to the supermarket to pick up a box of Cheerios, and don't come back. For hours. Hours turn to days, days turn to weeks, weeks turn to months, months turn to years. Their story might be interesting enough for a piece on the six o'clock news and a Child Find feature, or they may pass under the public's radar. But no matter what anyone else says, you never give up hope. Somewhere they are alive, you are convinced, and one day they will return and reunite a family.

We must always remember the victims of abduction, and make sure their stories are heard. Here's hoping for more reunions.

Manic! 05-06-2013 10:58 PM

How long before the remix.

DanHibiki 05-06-2013 11:00 PM

I wanna fuck up the kidnapper. jesus fuck

BurnoutBinLaden 05-06-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanHibiki (Post 8230904)
I wanna fuck up the kidnapper. jesus fuck

I'm not an advocate for eye for an eye but maybe he would see the error of his ways if he was held against his will...against a prison shower wall while the other inmates pop his anal cherry.

CharlesInCharge 05-06-2013 11:05 PM

So many first nation girls have gone missing in our province who can say there arent dozens alive now held in some kind of basement floor, chained up and sexually abused every day. Seeing how our system treats the true owners of this land as second class citizens, Im betting many missing reports are ignored, nor followed up despite dead bodies continually showing up.
http://i.imgur.com/f9zTHJV.jpg
You'd think this stuff only happens the crazy old USA but its in our own backyards as close as Coquitlam... and maybe one day our own school children.

EmperorIS 05-06-2013 11:10 PM

lololol police siren goes off... the guy flinches

BurnoutBinLaden 05-06-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 8230910)
So many first nation girls have gone missing in our province who can say there arent dozens alive now held in some kind of basement floor, chained up and sexually abused every day. Seeing how our system treats the true owners of this land as second class citizens, Im betting many missing reports are ignored, nor followed up despite dead bodies continually showing up.
You'd think this stuff only happens the crazy old USA but its in our own backyards as close as Coquitlam... and maybe one day our own school children.

The RCMP has spent $11 million investigating the murders. "E" Division have an entire unit dedicated to the murders.

CharlesInCharge 05-06-2013 11:35 PM

Cops are doing some of the abusing too... I heard of one alleged report where a lady was raped by 4 officers in a cell and I think in this case or another rape, she was threaten with death if she tried to tell anyone.
Some organization has called on the government to investigate these abuses and Harper's response was that the victims should take it up with the police.

And then we see how Pickton was on the murder radar for so many years and the government destroying police files to cover it up... when Zionist news outlets tell you they are spending so much and trying hard to stop this (without reporting the truths)... I look at the past systematic abuses to the present, and take these "E" division investigations with little hope.

Manic! 05-07-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 8230928)
Cops are doing some of the abusing too... I heard of one alleged report where a lady was raped by 4 officers in a cell and I think in this case or another rape, she was threaten with death if she tried to tell anyone.

You think or you know?

Iceman-19 05-07-2013 12:12 AM

Charlesincharge knows because he has 6 native hookers chained up in his basement. He puts tinfoil hats on them to protect them. Hes "saving" them, these poor souls.
Posted via RS Mobile

CharlesInCharge 05-07-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 8230938)
You think or you know?

Raped by four and threatened with death... the CBC reported the Human Rights Watch investigations.
RCMP accused of rape in report on B.C. aboriginal women - British Columbia - CBC News

edit - the bulletin point way that the CBC show could make some viewers think the death threat could've been a separate incident.

DragonChi 05-07-2013 04:47 AM

^ that's insane that it could happen in our country. pretty fucked up

dangonay 05-07-2013 05:15 AM

^ Yeah, insane. Canada has no serial killers, rapists or any criminal activity of any kind. This stuff only happens in the US.
Posted via RS Mobile

TheKingdom2000 05-07-2013 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 8230910)

Do you even know what you're talking about?

Soundy 05-07-2013 06:00 AM

The timing of this is kind of freaky, if you watched last night's Hawaii Five-O episode...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurnoutBinLaden (Post 8230896)
This story filled me with a dread that recent current events have failed to do. These girls were found and are now safe. But what about the countless other missing people; people who may be hiding in plain sight, people who you may know personally, people who-like in this scenario-were kidnapped by someone close to them. Just like rape, it's more likely to be done by a friend or family member rather than some random stranger.

Imagine, someone tells you they're going out to the supermarket to pick up a box of Cheerios, and don't come back. For hours. Hours turn to days, days turn to weeks, weeks turn to months, months turn to years. Their story might be interesting enough for a piece on the six o'clock news and a Child Find feature, or they may pass under the public's radar. But no matter what anyone else says, you never give up hope. Somewhere they are alive, you are convinced, and one day they will return and reunite a family.

We must always remember the victims of abduction, and make sure their stories are heard. Here's hoping for more reunions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Dunahee

DragonChi 05-07-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangonay (Post 8230980)
^ Yeah, insane. Canada has no serial killers, rapists or any criminal activity of any kind. This stuff only happens in the US.
Posted via RS Mobile

Not the rapist part, but the fact that it was rcmp that did it.

Not that I'm saying that rcmp are all angels. but imagine if a crime was committed against you by the cops... who would you goto? HA?