REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #76
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,120 Times in 280 Posts
thats very unfortunate, and its unfortunate that so many people have access to vehicles that are capable of reaching such high speeds and causing such damage. i was driving my friends 78 corolla the other day and max top speed out at 80 km/h before the whole car starting shaking violently. makes me wonder with all the technology going into making cars preform, when will it catch up on the safety side. seems a bit big brother but with GPS equipped cars, cant they program a speed limiter on when you're in suburban zones? hell, with my japanese domestic market ECU alone it has a speed limiter of 160kms/h
Advertisement
duy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:02 PM   #77
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4RAWR View Post
"Dead is a 44-year-old woman from Richmond."

someone lost a mother, a wife or a sister. the driver of the aston should be held criminally accountable and see jail time. not a suspended sentence, no community sentence, a 6x9 concrete cell for whatever the maximum penalty is

people do alot of stupid, crazy and unacceptable things. "unless she was trying to kill herself and her passenger i don't see how anybody would do that." my 'guess' is that the aston driver's intentions were not to commit vehicular suicide...

driver error? not sure how that one plays into this, i don't think its possible for someone to travel at over 3 times the speed limit and not be aware of the fact that they're doing it. sure, often times people go 10 or 20 over the speed limit while keeping with the flow of traffic, but seriously, ~200km/h and calling it driver error?

medical condition. i suppose that one might fly, who knows maybe the driver was having a stroke and hammered down on the gas. still, doesn't seem likely IMO.

vehicle issues causing the vehicle to accelerate uncontrollably? ok, plausible.

what does the age of the driver have to do with ones capacity to be negligent? people of all ages commit crimes, aging does not restrict the capacity to be stupid.

the only part i can really agree with you is the fact that its still early on in the investigation for people to jump to conclusions. although my "prediction" based on the information available, is that the driver of the vehicle WAS negligent, speeding with her vehicle and driving without due care, and caused the accident.
dude relax haha. you've mistaken what i'm saying as me trying to defend the aston driver's actions

- driver error, not as in they were unaware of what they were doing, as in "richmond driver" stereotyping. in the past 2 months i've seen about 7 restaurants/banks (td bank on 3road was one of them) that had people drive into them, mistaking the gas pedal for the brake. they were both women in their 40's in that aston. stay at home mom's out for lunch or something i assume. i heard from my coworkers that the women in the aston were asian too, so that furthers what i'm getting at

- doesn't seem likely? remember that white minivan that ran a red in surrey, flying down that road eventually smashing into another car, killing a family of 5?

Driver in Surrey crash that killed 5 dies in hospital - British Columbia - CBC News

they're looking into the only reasoning behind that tragedy as being caused by a medical condition. who's to say this isn't a case of the same?

in any case, i was just saying anything, literally anything, is possible. i was about 125 metres from where the 3 cars came to rest, and about 20 metres from the minivan in the ditch, so i know firsthand how outraging and saddening this shit is. not to say she's innocent by any means, but to jump to conclusions crying driver negligence is unrealistic

Last edited by - kT; 05-09-2013 at 10:07 PM.
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #78
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by - kT View Post
but to jump to conclusions crying driver negligence is unrealistic
"Ignorant" is probably the word better suited....
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #79
【=◈︿◈=】

nah, i don't quite think she was ignoring the fact that she was going 200km/h

but i guess both?
Old 05-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by - kT View Post
nah, i don't quite think she was ignoring the fact that she was going 200km/h

but i guess both?
.....wat?....look up the definition of "ignorant" please, and I was saying that it was a better suited word than "unrealistic" to describe those who are jumping to conclusions...
Old 05-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #81
RS controls my life!

Thanked 4,071 Times in 346 Posts
curious to hear what the report is on the blackbox on that aston
ThatKoukiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #82
【=◈︿◈=】

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
.....wat?....look up the definition of "ignorant" please, and I was saying that it was a better suited word than "unrealistic" to describe those who are jumping to conclusions...
woops i thought you were talking about something completely different

Old 05-09-2013, 11:03 PM   #83
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Why don't they ever pull the black boxes from cars? That's the whole point of those black boxes.
1995 Nissan 240sx SOLD
2009 Saturn Astra
some_punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:16 PM   #84
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by some_punk View Post
Why don't they ever pull the black boxes from cars? That's the whole point of those black boxes.
I think they did in the Surrey crash.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:05 AM   #85
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
There is so many ignorant posts in this thread, I'm pree disgusted by it and I've seen my share of idiotic posts (made some myself also), why call for the ashton martin's driver head already? Do you guys know the full story yet? Innoncent until proven guilty and it really grinds my gears when eye witness estimate a speed of "200", how the fk are u suppose to guess that.... People needa stop pulling shit outta their ass, I'm hoping this is a case of unintended acceleration, clai prob got her shoes stuck at the throttle or something, happened to me when I wore sandals before and I made sure ill never do that again
Posted via RS Mobile
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2013, 12:26 AM   #86
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
It must be horrible or the GLK driver's family knowing that their mother/sister/aunt has passed due to such senseless action. What's worse is that its just 3 days until mother's day.
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:08 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlo View Post
Why call for the ashton martin's driver head already? =
Posted via RS Mobile
I think it's because people just aren't very big fans of Ashton Kutcher, that's all.

I mean even I personally thought Charlie Sheen was much better on 2 and a half men...

Last edited by bballguy; 05-10-2013 at 01:47 AM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-10-2013, 01:38 AM   #88

WTF is up with these fobs on RS calling a "Aston Martin" a "ASHTON Martin"!?
Old 05-10-2013, 03:16 AM   #89
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Richmond Review - Aston Martin's driver raced through red light prior to deadly crash Two middle aged women, and 200 km/h speaks for itself
NeoKaze92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:38 AM   #90
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
"The two people in the Aston Martin were women, and they were in their mid 40s driving around 200KPH driving on Westminster Farm Road"

Im guessing the Aston Martin hit the Honda Odyssey first which then hit the Ford, then Aston Martin rebounded into the Merc

I hate to be a dick or whatever, but I hope these 2 bitches rot in hell
Old 05-10-2013, 04:39 AM   #91
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
There is so many ignorant posts in this thread, I'm pree disgusted by it and I've seen my share of idiotic posts (made some myself also), why call for the ashton martin's driver head already? Do you guys know the full story yet? Innoncent until proven guilty and it really grinds my gears when eye witness estimate a speed of "200", how the fk are u suppose to guess that.... People needa stop pulling shit outta their ass, I'm hoping this is a case of unintended acceleration, clai prob got her shoes stuck at the throttle or something, happened to me when I wore sandals before and I made sure ill never do that again
Posted via RS Mobile
Are you in any way associated with this driver? I don't think there is an excuse to be going at a speed so high that it would cause as much damage as it did to a stationary vehicle. What are the chances of having your sandals/shoes stuck under the pedal anyways? Do you think it is just coincidence that someone driving a car like Ashton Kutcher, would coincidentally have their sandal stuck on the gas pedal causing the car to travel at such a high rate of speed? People may not be able to visually estimate the exact speed of a car, but if it is fast enough to make someone believe it is FAST, then it probably was going pretty damn fast. You can what if all you want, but the chances of it being an "accident" are slim. Most collisions aren't "Accidents", they are a result of human error which is caused by negligence, driving experience etc.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2013, 04:45 AM   #92

Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile
If you look at the scene, Oddysey rear end is beyond crunched in and around 100m from the rest of the accident.. Merc rear end crunched in... Surely you cant say this is UNDER 100KPH
Old 05-10-2013, 06:01 AM   #93
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
Not sure why people keep putting ANY of this on the PASSENGER in the DB9. Unless, you know, you figure she was egging the driver on. "Come on, go faster, go faster! Yeah, just blow through that red light - Christy did it, so can you!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2013, 08:24 AM   #94
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,798 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Not sure why people keep putting ANY of this on the PASSENGER in the DB9. Unless, you know, you figure she was egging the driver on. "Come on, go faster, go faster! Yeah, just blow through that red light - Christy did it, so can you!"
Conversely, I think that, unless the passenger was saying 'please slow down, don't run that light, you're not Christy', she should still bear some of the responsibility.. to me, being passive in this situation would equate to some guilt..

of course, we're all wildly speculating about what may have happened in that car..

I was trying to think of how you end up going 150+ km through a red light at a known busy, complicated intersection.. i mean, if you're alone, i can see it happening.. you're distracted/drunk/high/medical condition, etc.

But if you have a passenger, you guys would have to have any one of those scenarios twice.. so either, you're EXTREMELY distracted by talking to eachother, you're both drunk, both high or both fall into a medical condition. I can't really figure it out. Even if driver blacked out, i'm sure you could still pull the e-brake, pull the persons leg off the gas.. or something
Old 05-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #95
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Christy did it, so can you!"
i love that this is a thing now
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #96
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
Quote:
"The two people in the Aston Martin were women, and they were in their mid 40s driving around 200KPH driving on Westminster Farm Road"

Im guessing the Aston Martin hit the Honda Odyssey first which then hit the Ford, then Aston Martin rebounded into the Merc

An example of women who definitely cannot drive any sort of vehicle.

Justice must be served for the victims and their families.

Put them in jail for a loooong time!

Last edited by pastarocket; 05-10-2013 at 10:04 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #97

Quote:
While I agree that I dont know what happen in that car and what the passenger said... but I do know that Westminster IS NOT really a highway but a FARM/trucking road and that going anything over 80KPH is dangerous because of the rough and uneven road surface and only being single lane traffic...
Old 05-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #98
【=◈︿◈=】

Quote:
While I agree that I dont know what happen in that car and what the passenger said... but I do know that Westminster IS NOT really a highway but a FARM/trucking road and that going anything over 80KPH is dangerous because of the rough and uneven road surface and only being single lane traffic...
uneven, rough, and going over 80 is dangerous? people regularly travel at 70-80 there, the limit is 60 on most stretches of that road. the only uneven parts are way up the road, between nelson and graybar road, and that's only cause they're widening the road up there. once you pass nelson st. westbound it's straight, and flat, and even before you reach #6, the single lane turns into 2 lanes + a left turn specific lane and a wider shoulder on the right. factor in the fact that westminster hwy is literally a straight road with mainly fields and farmland bordering it and you have a shit ton of visibility in every possible direction

but yeah, it's definitely no highway

also, the aston hit the merc first - likely why the only death on scene was the driver of the merc. the 2 people in the aston as well as the driver of the odyssey in the ditch are the 3 in the hospital. 2 aston passengers were airlifted away, and the odyssey driver was taken away by ground ambulance. don't know if they've released that on the news anywhere yet

Last edited by - kT; 05-10-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #99
My homepage has been set to RS

Damn two forty year old women... Interesting... Curious for the results of what caused it. Can't help but assume driver speeding, it's a rate sight to see a luxury car pull out of an intersection not driving like a douche in this city

The posts about 'i hope the driver dies, she is a bitch' are pathetic. She should be jailed. That's another human being, wtf is wrong with you wishing death on people
Posted via RS Mobile
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #100

^
Agreed, you shouldn't wish death upon someone. Let god sort that out.