REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #26
My homepage has been set to RS

nah it's all good man, if you think calling me gay over the internet will get me mad, you are incorrect. I am also not mad at your opinion about richmond drivers, as it is an opinion. Mine is an opinion too, it's all good.

yes, i'm a gay person with a yeast infection in my vag. Are you in highschool or what?
Advertisement
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #27
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

no i'm not in high school. revscene isn't the place to being looking for a 15 year old fuck buddy. faggot.

i'm just joking around. richmond has shitty drivers, surrey has shitty drivers, vancouver does too, but at the end of the day we can agree that bc is still a great place to live, no?
[22-02, 21:43] ?uestlove i personally find it very attractive when women have stinky farts.
?uestlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #28
I am Hook'd on RS

A friend of mine sent this to me earlier today...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1721.jpg (105.4 KB, 0 views)
Foralark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #29
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

I just drove by, the wrecked cars and police is still there. Knight/New Westminster still closed.
Purely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #30
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
happened right beside where i work. few of my coworkers heard the accident, saw everything even before first responders arrived. they described a pretty gruesome scene :/ when i was there only the cars remained, was still pretty saddening though. blood on the ground in some areas too

knight + westmin were still closed as of 2 hours ago also
Posted via RS Mobile
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:44 PM   #31

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by - kT View Post
happened right beside where i work. few of my coworkers heard the accident, saw everything even before first responders arrived. they described a pretty gruesome scene :/ when i was there only the cars remained, was still pretty saddening though. blood on the ground in some areas too

knight + westmin were still closed as of 2 hours ago also
Posted via RS Mobile
so...what happened??
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:49 PM   #32
Driving around in circles

Thanked 1,370 Times in 272 Posts
seems like the Aston just never stopped for the light and rear ended the other cars that were stopped at the light.
!Kodamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:52 PM   #33
【=◈︿◈=】

they didn't see the actual accident so no clue what happened. they saw the air ambulance come take people away too though. one woman was covered in blood screaming in pain apparently. driver of the minivan, they said? this is all hearsay though so take with a grain of salt

hard to tell what happened exactly, from the way all the cars were laid on and how they were facing.. but i did see a lot of civilians standing close to the accident so i assume those were witnesses. hope nobody innocent got killed.. and hope the 2 in critical condition pull through

also the 3 car tangleup was EAST of the actual intersection, in the westbound lanes. the minivan was in the ditch just west of the actual intersection. if you look closely you'll see what i mean

the minivan was about 40ft away from the other 3 cars

Last edited by - kT; 05-08-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:01 PM   #34
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
I think... and this is all hypothesizing...

The Aston was on Knight turning East, left onto Westminster.

The GLK was heading West, straight on Westminster.

One of the cars ran a yellow/red.

Looks like the Aston hit the side of the GLK with enough force to split the car into two (the front part of the GLK in the ditch as depicted by an earlier poster).

Based on this, it COULD (now... just hypothesizing here) be that the GLK heading west on a green light, and the Aston tried to speed through a yellow that just turned red and then the accident occurred.

Bottom line, I hope the survivors will make it through this.

-----------
On another issue:
And, yes, it was funny and I was laughing at myself when bballguy spotted the spelling mistake. That is why I thanked him.

God forbid, I won't misspell any words or write a grammatically incorrect post in the future. And, that I won't have to fail posters for grammatical errors when I reach the prerequisites to fail posters (which I won't do of course).

Last edited by Marshall Placid; 05-08-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #35
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Placid View Post
I think... and this is all hypothesizing...

The Ashton was on Knight turning East, left onto Westminster.

The GLK was heading West, straight on Westminster.

One of the cars ran a yellow/red.

Looks like the Ashton hit the side of the GLK with enough force to split the car into two (the front part of the GLK in the ditch as depicted by an earlier poster).

Based on this, it COULD (now... just hypothesizing here) be that the GLK heading west on a green light, and the Ashton tried to speed through a yellow that just turned red and then the accident occurred.
yeah, the Ashton Kutcher.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #36
【=◈︿◈=】

^ the front of the glk wasn't in a ditch, that was another car - grey minivan. five involved cars were the aston db9, mercedes glk, ford escape, ford e250 and a grey minivan (caravan?). from where i was looking i wasn't able to find the rear half of the glk nor the grey minivan

here's the final resting place of all the cars with the direction they were facing

the van in the ditch is the left red arrow. aston is red, glk is blue, ford escape is green. the ford e250 was right beside the escape, just looked scuffed up though. you can see how far it is where the minivan ended and where the rest of the cars where
This post thanked by:
Old 05-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #37
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

^The car in the ditch doesnt appear to be a GLK? It looks like an older car judging by the blue tint near the top of the windshield.

My guess is the car that split in half was speeding, lost control (somehow), then sideways slammed into the back of the white GLK. The white GLK was behind the Ford, and the Aston was beside the Ford and/or GLK (since the Aston ended up being under the GLK).
Purely a guess....

Anyhow, I hope the injured are able to fully recover.
amusegt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:16 PM   #38
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
the minivan looked like an older honda odyssey... at least from what i saw in a few other pics

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:42 PM   #39
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,324 Times in 264 Posts
A friend of mine posted this photo up, it looks like the GLKs roof was ripped right off.

I drove past this accident just a few minutes after it happened. It looked like something that came out of a movie as I went by.
Paradise240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:50 PM   #40
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

^Im pretty sure the roof was cut off by the firemen, not torn off by impact.
amusegt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:16 AM   #41
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
I wonder what the speed of impact the GLK was hit at for it to suffer such severe structural damage, given that it's quite a safe vehicle, as most Mercedes-Benz vehicles are
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:31 AM   #42
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
From the pictures it looks like the Ford Suv and the mini van were rear ended so maybe the GLK and Aston were racing and couldn't stop in time?
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:35 AM   #43
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
horrifying accident wow... i wish people would be more careful on the roads jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkrussian View Post
um...a horrific crash happened in surrey last week. i dont see any posts about "i don't feel safe driving in surrey"? these horrific crashes happen all over the province, and i want you to show me some stats that say richmond has far more accidents than other areas. get over it already.
I don't know Richmond looks like an atom bomb went off on this accident chart (+ the borders of van next to richmond)
Crash: B.C.'s Most Dangerous Intersections | The Vancouver Sun

but of course traffic flow has to be considered

Last edited by StylinRed; 05-09-2013 at 02:07 AM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:39 AM   #44
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

roads were still closed at 12 midnight
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:53 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
horrifying accident wow... i wish people would be more careful on the roads jesus

I don't know Richmond looks like an atom bomb went off on this accident chart
Crash: B.C.'s Most Dangerous Intersections | The Vancouver Sun

but of course traffic flow has to be considered
I would like to know the statistics in how many drivers in Richmond/Vancouver/Burnaby still have their international drivers License.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:28 AM   #46
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Placid View Post
-----------
On another issue:
And, yes, it was funny and I was laughing at myself when bballguy spotted the spelling mistake. That is why I thanked him.

God forbid, I won't misspell any words or write a grammatically incorrect post in the future. And, that I won't have to fail posters for grammatical errors when I reach the prerequisites to fail posters (which I won't do of course).
LMFAO! Always funny when people get all worked up over being failed...

Anyway, Top Cities for Crashes in BC
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2013, 02:44 AM   #47
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
LMFAO! Always funny when people get all worked up over being failed...

Anyway, Top Cities for Crashes in BC
Still getting the hang of it.

Thank you.

In any case, your link is interesting.
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:30 AM   #48
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkrussian View Post
um...a horrific crash happened in surrey last week. i dont see any posts about "i don't feel safe driving in surrey"? these horrific crashes happen all over the province, and i want you to show me some stats that say richmond has far more accidents than other areas. get over it already.

by the way this happened in an area where clearly someone was either coming from vancouver or going to vancouver. it's at the start of knight street. as in, the bridge is right there. so are these richmond drivers? would you even consider this richmond at this stage?

in any case, drove by this, super horrific looking. knew immediately someone was dead, rip

I don't feel safe in Surrey period.

Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #49
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,907 Times in 754 Posts
[9:35:46 AM] eye witness account - "I was right there at that corner when it happened. The Austin Martin never slowed down and hit the stopped cars at over 100km/h. Don't know what the driver was doing, but I never saw anything like it and feel lucky to be alive, and really sad for all the people badly hurt and injured by this stupid stupid"
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #50
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Aston's rear end doesnt seem to be damaged, so Im sure it wasnt hit from rear or even the side, front doors to the back doesnt seem to bad...

the damage on the Escape looks really high into the rear door and front doesnt to be bad compared to front...

GLK rear end is bad so Im sure that was the first car to get hit and from the back...

News say theres 5 cars.. anyone has info on the last car??