REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #101
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
l0l g0d
Advertisement
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #102
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

^^^ are you guys joking? You're telling me that someone who killed and injured a ton of other people should have a second chance at life? Why should they of all people get a second chance at life? Did the victims of the crash get a second chance at life? The Mercedes woman sure didn't, but the other victim's lives have forever changed because of this bitch. At the very least this woman should be paralyzed for life; see how she likes it being helpless while time slowly kills her like how she did to the Mercedes woman.
Kidnapman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #103
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
I can barely think while reading this thread; all the pitchforks and torches are distracting me.

While I doubt this was the result of some Bonny and Clyde suicide pact, and while I doubt the "200km/hr" claim, it's clear something went amiss. Perhaps it was just some bitch not caring about the safety and well being of other people or perhaps it's another case of the driver having some sort of health related issue. The only thing we do know, however, is that we don't know what happened. To wish pain or death upon someone solely for causing an accident is presumptuous and pretty damn callous. Wait until the official police report is released and then say your piece. Until then, shut up. All you guys are doing is making yourselves look like foolish assholes.

And keep in mind this is coming from someone who had a friend get killed by a drunk driver, had my own car totaled by another drunk driver, and almost had my ex-girlfriend's grandma die from a street racing multi-car accident. If I can stay calm and keep my mouth shut from saying stupid shit, then so can you.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #104
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,735 Times in 955 Posts
I learned so much from this thread:

1) I can source myself and it's considered fact (Example: Richmond has the worst drivers)
2) People are more accurate than speed lasers and can tell when a car is going 200kmph
3) The victim (RIP) started out as a 44 year old woman. Then a mother, wife, sister and possibly aunt... the more titles, the sadder the story. Cousin, grandmother, mother in-law, god mother ect.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #105
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
I can barely think while reading this thread; all the pitchforks and torches are distracting me.

Quote:
Until then, shut up. All you guys are doing is making yourselves look like foolish assholes.

Quote:
If I can stay calm and keep my mouth shut from saying stupid shit, then so can you.
You're new here, aren't you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #106
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,172 Times in 2,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juwlzx View Post
^^^ are you guys joking? You're telling me that someone who killed and injured a ton of other people should have a second chance at life? Why should they of all people get a second chance at life? Did the victims of the crash get a second chance at life? The Mercedes woman sure didn't, but the other victim's lives have forever changed because of this bitch. At the very least this woman should be paralyzed for life; see how she likes it being helpless while time slowly kills her like how she did to the Mercedes woman.
To be fair, I don't think anybody in the thread had wished death upon the two women in the Aston prior to the idiot quoted above.

In fact, most have said they hope they survive so they can find out what went wrong and/or so they would be able to be punished by law for what they did. Closest comment was a hope "they rot in hell", which isn't really wishing death upon them but rather they suffer the consequences if and when they do perish.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #107
I don't get it

We all want jump to conclusions but the truth is we don't have all the evidence. Situations like these get complicated and will have many factors. Its never that simple. RIP to the mom and hope everyone else involved pulls through.
dvst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #108

Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #109
Need to Seek Professional Help

Maybe not wish death on this driver, but wish she died instead of the innocent driver.
RS_Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-10-2013, 06:40 PM   #110

Thanked 3,852 Times in 888 Posts
Quote:
This could just as easily have been you or me, or anyone in here, maybe not in this EXACT scenario, but any one of us could make a mistake (no matter how small/silly of a mistake) while driving which could end up killing someone. Should that happen, lets say you were playing with your radio and you veered out of your lane and ran a cyclist over, do you deserve to die?

people try to be so self-righteous. "I would never drive like that! So whoever does that is an idiot! burn them to the ground! They deserve nothing but death!". But if we use the radio/cyclist example, all of a sudden, "i play with my radio all the time and am always in control of my vehicle, i'm sure it was just an honest mistake!"
bobbinka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:55 PM   #111
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
It must be horrible or the GLK driver's family knowing that their mother/sister/aunt has passed due to such senseless action. What's worse is that its just 3 days until mother's day.
Very sad, the deceased mother has two young children in grade 6 and 9, husband working overseas.
observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbinka View Post
This could just as easily have been you or me, or anyone in here, maybe not in this EXACT scenario, but any one of us could make a mistake (no matter how small/silly of a mistake) while driving which could end up killing someone. Should that happen, lets say you were playing with your radio and you veered out of your lane and ran a cyclist over, do you deserve to die?

people try to be so self-righteous. "I would never drive like that! So whoever does that is an idiot! burn them to the ground! They deserve nothing but death!". But if we use the radio/cyclist example, all of a sudden, "i play with my radio all the time and am always in control of my vehicle, i'm sure it was just an honest mistake!"
Ok I'm gunna hold off my judgement like wat the guys above said for now, but i dunt think I really made my argument clear enough. So far I've just been ranting. I, like many other people, believe in the ever so famous "darwin award". I believe that if someone makes a stupid mistake such as over speeding and crashing into someone, they should lose the ability to reproduce and create more idiots. How bout you all take a step back and look at the big picture. By taking out the bad drivers of this world we won't have to deal with shitty drivers; ergo, less chances of stupidly avoidable accidents. And yes, if that means I must die becuz I'm a complete fucking idiot then so be it. The sacrifice of one, for the greater good of the others. Gee, wonder wat happened to all those darwin guys anyways that always laughed at dumbasses doing stupid shit . Of course, my whole argument is based off my assumption that this lady is in fact a complete imbecile. Until some hard facts are laid out, my argument means nothing at this point.
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #113

Quote:
And yes, if that means I must die becuz I'm a complete fucking idiot then so be it.
Why are you still alive then?
Old 05-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Why are you still alive then?
Who said I am...

Old 05-10-2013, 10:59 PM   #115

o shi-...
Old 05-10-2013, 11:12 PM   #116
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Ok I'm gunna hold off my judgement like wat the guys above said for now, but i dunt think I really made my argument clear enough. So far I've just been ranting. I, like many other people, believe in the ever so famous "darwin award". I believe that if someone makes a stupid mistake such as over speeding and crashing into someone, they should lose the ability to reproduce and create more idiots. How bout you all take a step back and look at the big picture. By taking out the bad drivers of this world we won't have to deal with shitty drivers; ergo, less chances of stupidly avoidable accidents. And yes, if that means I must die becuz I'm a complete fucking idiot then so be it. The sacrifice of one, for the greater good of the others. Gee, wonder wat happened to all those darwin guys anyways that always laughed at dumbasses doing stupid shit . Of course, my whole argument is based off my assumption that this lady is in fact a complete imbecile. Until some hard facts are laid out, my argument means nothing at this point.
I'm gonna assume no one is stupid enough to say what you just said. I guess your just here for the rustlin
Posted via RS Mobile
predom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #117

Quote:
The fuck did I just read????
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2013, 02:13 AM   #118

Thanked 3,852 Times in 888 Posts
Quote:
How bout you all take a step back and look at the big picture. By taking out the bad drivers of this world we won't have to deal with shitty drivers; ergo, less chances of stupidly avoidable accidents. And yes, if that means I must die becuz I'm a complete fucking idiot then so be it. The sacrifice of one, for the greater good of the others.
This utopian society of yours where only the so called "perfect" beings are left does not and will not exist. Even if it is something you truly support and believe, then you'd seriously have to consider whether you belong in this society you envision. At what point is someone considered too "idiotic"? who gets to decide?

Your big picture sounds great on paper, but we're not in some story from a highschool novel or sci-fi TV show. This is real life, so let's be a little bit more realistic.
bobbinka is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #119

Yes, you're right in that it's probably never going to happen. One can only dream. But atleast you seem to see my vision of the future. I guess I'm just really tired of hearing these stories about people dieing and suffering because of other peoples easily avoidable mistakes. I know that one day, someone I care for is going to die because of some person's careless mistake and I won't be able to do a thing about it. It really is pitiful. Oh well, there's not much else I have to talk about here. I'm out.
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #120
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
Very sad, the deceased mother has two young children in grade 6 and 9, husband working overseas.
This is horrific news! My thoughts are with the deceased mother's children and her husband.

People have to slow the fuck down when they drive.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #121
I am Hook'd on RS

my dad was almost hit by the two younger morons in the Auston, while turning onto new Westminster after work that day, he said they were going well over 160km when they nearly missed him, he then saw a bunch of smoke and whatnot and got over to the scene and the lady in the Mercedes had her bone sticking out of her leg and her head hanging out the window, a off duty firefighter was attending to her and my dad ran over there and was told she had no pulse, the auston was catching fire and another guy came running over with a fire extinguisher then froze once he seen the dead lady and how bad the accident really was my dad grabbed the fire extinguisher and put the small fire out while people took the two unconscious girls out of the car....my dad has been having a hard time sleeping etc from seeing all this, he has a few videos and pictures he showed me on his phone from the incident...there is a time and place to drive that fast, 330 in the afternoon on new west highway is definitely not one of them, my prayers go out to the innocent lady in the suv, and karma has got the driver of the auston already if the rumor i have heard is true, i wish she would have lived and was financially drained and lived with the guilt of killing and injuring innocent people for her ignorance.
no_pistons7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #122
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

^ thanks for the info. not to be grammar police or whatnot, but some people may have trouble reading all that in one go.
zonda_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:18 PM   #123
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
This is horrific news! My thoughts are with the deceased mother's children and her husband.

People have to slow the fuck down when they drive.
I think that people have to be more considerate behind the wheel.

That means, driving with due care towards other drivers and obeying traffic signs and signals. Considerate means doing the speed limit in the right lane. Or driving according to road conditions, ie not 200kmh on a bumpy, single lane, farm road.
JaPoola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #124
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
I must admit...I'm not exactly the slowest driver out there. Not that I speed excessively, but I am usually 10-30km over the limit on average. I've had my share of speeding tickets and have been know to be a little aggressive behind the wheel.

I was driving tonight...again, over the limit and these recent accidents popped in my head...and I slowed down. Its not worth getting somewhere 2 mins earlier.

It is very sad that these recent accident were the catalyst for me being more cautious At least I am conscious of it now...
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPoola View Post
I think that people have to be more considerate behind the wheel.

That means, driving with due care towards other drivers and obeying traffic signs and signals. Considerate means doing the speed limit in the right lane. Or driving according to road conditions, ie not 200kmh on a bumpy, single lane, farm road.
What are you, the fuqin' traffic nazi?? This is Revscene, where everyone drives as fast as they goddamn want and if you try to tell anyone they should obey the law, you get shouted down. Traffic laws don't apply to anyone here, doncha know.
Quote:
This post thanked by: