REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #126
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juwlzx View Post
Ok I'm gunna hold off my judgement like wat the guys above said for now, but i dunt think I really made my argument clear enough. So far I've just been ranting. I, like many other people, believe in the ever so famous "darwin award". I believe that if someone makes a stupid mistake such as over speeding and crashing into someone, they should lose the ability to reproduce and create more idiots. How bout you all take a step back and look at the big picture. By taking out the bad drivers of this world we won't have to deal with shitty drivers; ergo, less chances of stupidly avoidable accidents. And yes, if that means I must die becuz I'm a complete fucking idiot then so be it. The sacrifice of one, for the greater good of the others. Gee, wonder wat happened to all those darwin guys anyways that always laughed at dumbasses doing stupid shit . Of course, my whole argument is based off my assumption that this lady is in fact a complete imbecile. Until some hard facts are laid out, my argument means nothing at this point.
Your anger is entirely understandable but your emotional response is entirely visceral.

By your logic, we better start hanging everybody around here - we can start with the murderers and then go and castrate everyone with a mental illness. Other people on the chopping block could include criminals, prostitutes, addicts, and alcoholics. Hmm.. gee this is starting to sound like the Nazi's and the forced sterilizations by the Canadian government in the 30s.

Secondly, is there any scientific research done that has correlated driving ability and genes? which specific gene(s) would they be? can this gene predict the severity of future accidents? if someone causes a crash do we automatically assume that their children will do the same thing (determinism) and thus prevent them from reproducing?
Advertisement

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

Last edited by bing; 05-11-2013 at 11:05 PM.
bing is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2013, 09:05 AM   #127
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonda_s View Post
^ thanks for the info. not to be grammar police or whatnot, but some people may have trouble reading all that in one go.
ya i quickly just typed it all out without reading over it, my bad....well i just hope that everyone can recover from this that was innocently involved
no_pistons7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #128
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing View Post
Your anger is entirely understandable but your emotional response is entirely visceral.

By your logic, we better start hanging everybody around here - we can start with the murderers and then go and castrate everyone with a mental illness. Other people on the chopping block could include criminals, prostitutes, addicts, and alcoholics. Hmm.. gee this is starting to sound like the Nazi's and the forced sterilizations by the Canadian government in the 30s.

Secondly, is there any scientific research done that has correlated driving ability and genes? which specific gene(s) would they be? can this gene predict the severity of future accidents? if someone causes a crash do we automatically assume that their children will do the same thing (determinism) and thus prevent them from reproducing?
To Bing and anyone else inclined to read my gibberish.

Spoiler!
Kidnapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #129
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
so the person who initially estimated the car going 200km/hr seems to have been pretty bang on with the speed...
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:32 PM   #130
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
I must admit...I'm not exactly the slowest driver out there. Not that I speed excessively, but I am usually 10-30km over the limit on average. I've had my share of speeding tickets and have been know to be a little aggressive behind the wheel.

I was driving tonight...again, over the limit and these recent accidents popped in my head...and I slowed down. Its not worth getting somewhere 2 mins earlier.
I'd much rather share the road with someone driving 10-30km over the speed limit and paying full attention to the road than someone doing the speed limit and not paying attention (i.e. applying make-up, texting etc.).
vantrip is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2013, 10:48 PM   #131
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Makes me wonder if the driver was unfamiliar with the area and thought Westminster highway was an actual highway and didn't expect traffic lights.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2013, 11:01 PM   #132
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Disick View Post
Makes me wonder if the driver was unfamiliar with the area and thought Westminster highway was an actual highway and didn't expect traffic lights.
Being unfamiliar with an area does not excuse the fact that she was going as fast as she was, given the conditions around her. Unless she is blind, she would have seen the vehicles around her driving within the speed limit (to a certain extent) and the traffic lights around her. Then again, I have never traveled 200+km/hr so maybe she was seeing things in Fast and Furious NOS mode
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2013, 11:15 PM   #133
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Some people in this thread:

Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:42 PM   #134
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Maybe she was trying to go back to the future.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:54 PM   #135
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDuang View Post
Some people in this thread:

fucking lol'd
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:44 AM   #136
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Disick View Post
You have to be kidding with a comment like that, do u travel 200+ on any highway with traffic around you at 330 in the afternoon? If so please keep me updated when your on the road so I can make sure to stay clear
Posted via RS Mobile
no_pistons7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #137
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
anyone know who the drivers of the "Ashton Kutcher" are??
Old 05-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #138
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Maybe she was trying to go back to the future.
too soon... but I lol'd... but we both know it only took the DeLorean 88mph
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2013, 10:38 AM   #139
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
too soon... but I lol'd... but we both know it only took the DeLorean 88mph
Yeah, but this the Ashton Kutcher we talkin' 'bout here...
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #140
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
-hoping that more witnesses come forward to help police with the investigation about this accident.

Props to the drivers at the crash scene who sacrificed their safety in order to help the victims of the crash.

Last edited by pastarocket; 05-13-2013 at 11:01 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #141
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
-hoping that more witnesses come forward to help police with the investigation about this accident.

Props to the drivers at the crash scene who sacrificed their safety in order to help the victims of the crash.
While I agree with this, I personally, would be hesitant in dragging someone out of a crash, risking more injury to the victim(s).
Old 05-13-2013, 11:50 AM   #142
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post

unless there is a threat to the health/safety of the occupants of a vehicle in a motor vehicle crash that supersedes the injuries they have already received its best to leave them in the vehicle.

removing them out of a vehicle without training can and often does lead to further damage. usually victims are stabilized in the vehicle (e.g. neck brace) before being extracted.
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #143
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I wouldnt believe 100% the aston martin was going 200kmh. Since most ppl are not trained to estimate speed. Also most ppl will exaggerate that after such a big incident. Not to mention thats coming from a flagger.
E60_M5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #144
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E60_M5 View Post
I wouldnt believe 100% the aston martin was going 200kmh. Since most ppl are not trained to estimate speed. Also most ppl will exaggerate that after such a big incident. Not to mention thats coming from a flagger.
I would not post/confirm that the vehicle was going 200+ if I didn't have a reliable source So let's end the debate on whether the vehicle was traveling that fast or not, because it was.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:06 PM   #145
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
I would not post/confirm that the vehicle was going 200+ if I didn't have a reliable source So let's end the debate on whether the vehicle was traveling that fast or not, because it was.
Mind you share your findings?
E60_M5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:23 PM   #146
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_pistons7 View Post
You have to be kidding with a comment like that, do u travel 200+ on any highway with traffic around you at 330 in the afternoon? If so please keep me updated when your on the road so I can make sure to stay clear
Posted via RS Mobile
Did I fucking say in my post that I speed or drive at 200 km/h? Everyone's trying to make sense of why the driver was excessively speeding so it was just a thought, get it?
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #147
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E60_M5 View Post
Mind you share your findings?
Just believe me when I say it was 200+km/hr. People tend to exaggerate the speeds of vehicles, but for someoene to say 200km/hr, it must have been FLYING. Usually people say, "that car was going at least 100".
Old 05-13-2013, 04:04 PM   #148
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,647 Times in 2,303 Posts
im gonna say 150-180km
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:31 PM   #149
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

dude, I say its around 0 - 300km/h.

Kidnapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #150
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Decided to wait a few days before actually posting here. Wish I still had my dashcam now. Anyways, I was 3 cars behind the accident and witnessed everything. I had briefly met one of the women that was in the aston at a business meeting just before the accident at mayfair lakes. It was pretty scary just thinking about what would have happened if I left just a bit earlier. And for all of you guys arguing about speed, it was probably around 120-140km/hr
dyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: