REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/684103-agents-s-h-i-e-l-d.html)

winson604 05-15-2013 02:10 PM

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

So the show is now officially confirmed and picked up by ABC. Should be quite interesting. Looking forward to it!

roflwaffle604 09-24-2013 10:48 PM

bump. anyone catch the premiere? thought it was kind of meh

lilaznviper 09-24-2013 10:49 PM

just watched it. i'll give it a few episodes to see if its any good

SkinnyPupp 09-24-2013 10:53 PM

I don't have high hopes for any network show, but I'll give it a shot for a couple episodes.

Lomac 09-24-2013 11:52 PM

Yeah, I don't have high hopes for it but I'm willing to stick with it for the first four or five episodes. First episode was alright, though I didn't like the fact that they kinda just glossed over
Spoiler!

Matlock 09-25-2013 04:57 AM

In the beginning of the episode I thought Michael Peterson was Power Man... Nope.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Cage

rsx 09-25-2013 06:17 AM

omg...where we're going, we don't need roads. SERIOUS!?

Soundy 09-25-2013 07:30 AM

Yeah, the flying car was a bit much... other than that, I liked it. Didn't LOVE it... but liked it. Thinking I need to go back and re-watch Avengers too, there were definitely a lot of references back to the movie (I'd completely forgotten about Extremis).

And come on... Cobie Smulders in a skin-tight pleather body suit?? :megusta:

kwy 09-25-2013 09:07 AM

Not a fan of the actor that plays ward, I don't buy him being a weathered tough guy.

7seven 09-25-2013 09:13 AM

I"m probably not their target audience as I'm not at all familiar with comic books or the stories behind them, but I caught the pilot last night and thought it was just absolutely horrible. Personally I wasn't a fan of the acting nor writing, I was half expecting laugh tracks, with ridiculous corny lines trying too hard to be funny every 2-3 minutes. Seemed like this show is more about the lab nerds investigating a freak of the week superhero than about the superheros.

fsy82 09-25-2013 09:20 AM

I'll give it a couple of episodes and see how it goes

DanHibiki 09-26-2013 01:16 AM

Skye <3
http://i.minus.com/iBCfa9g7q9NVL.gif

For a chick who lives in a van she's done up pretty nicely.

Also the flying car at the end is in reference to Howard stark's hover car in Captain America: The First Avenger.

Some other references off the top of my head:
Journey into mystery
Spider-Man uncle Ben reference
Origin story
Project Pegasus

And all the ones that references previous movies.

It was an okay pilot. A little too goody goody for a secret government agency.

I'll stick around just because it's part of the MCU. Only way I would stop is if it became REALLY bad.

I don't like the science geeks. They don't seem to fit in.
Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 09-26-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7seven (Post 8327111)
I"m probably not their target audience as I'm not at all familiar with comic books or the stories behind them, but I caught the pilot last night and thought it was just absolutely horrible. Personally I wasn't a fan of the acting nor writing, I was half expecting laugh tracks, with ridiculous corny lines trying too hard to be funny every 2-3 minutes. Seemed like this show is more about the lab nerds investigating a freak of the week superhero than about the superheros.

It's basically every new network series made in the 2000's. Corny jokes, young, pretty actresses and young handsome actors, neat and tidy brand name clothes, cool hip music, clean, sharp video processing, funky special effects, slow motion sad montage... It's all there, and it's all shit.

Vale46Rossi 09-26-2013 03:12 AM

Just started watching it, hope it will get a lot better :D

Valour 09-26-2013 03:17 AM

Just gonna leave this here for lols:

StylinRed 09-26-2013 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7seven (Post 8327111)

agreed it was unbearable

GLOW 09-26-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanHibiki (Post 8327612)

not sure if the nerd checking out her rack was planned or he just couldn't resist :badpokerface:

pastarocket 09-26-2013 01:52 PM

Yeah, Skye (actress Chloe Benet) is hot! Other than the Agent Hill and Skye, the storyline for the pilot episode was nothing to rave about.

-wonder if Nick Fury is gonna show up in the mobile office plane for a future episode, to shake things up.

2 n r 09-26-2013 03:14 PM

Watched the first ep, thought it sucked. This coming from a fan of marvel comics

If the pilots any indication, this show is gonna get canned soon
Posted via RS Mobile

kwy 09-26-2013 03:29 PM

ratings are decent, general public is reacting pretty well to it. i think it'll stick for a bit.

mos_skeeto 09-26-2013 03:41 PM

I liked it :)

It's like Heroes before it got crappy

About the flying car, that's a nod to the caucasian Nick Fury in the comic books.

BBMme 09-26-2013 03:42 PM

I thought it was okay. My fav still goes to person of interest. Yes I know slightly different series
Posted via RS Mobile

twitchyzero 09-26-2013 06:26 PM

when i first heard of this show i quickly googled to see if Cobie Smuldesr was a regular...disappointed
then I saw the trailer with Chloe Wang in it :fullofwin:

http://www.marvel-world.com/contents...PLCYAEgXly.jpg

Soundy 09-27-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBMme (Post 8327938)
I thought it was okay. My fav still goes to person of interest. Yes I know slightly different series
Posted via RS Mobile

Crossover where Coulson's number comes up and he tries to recruit Reese? :ilied:

FerrariEnzo 09-27-2013 10:44 AM

storyline was meh.. girls were :sweetjesus::megusta: