REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   The John Norwich Riders Corner (https://www.revscene.net/forums/john-norwich-riders-corner_45/)
-   -   Official MotoGP 2013 Thread * Warning Spoilers* (https://www.revscene.net/forums/684138-official-motogp-2013-thread-%2A-warning-spoilers%2A.html)

!oHenry 05-15-2013 11:25 PM

Official MotoGP 2013 Thread * Warning Spoilers*

Anybody else here watch MotoGP? What did you guys think of the Jerez race? Who do you think we should be watching?

This season, IMO is way more interesting than last. I'm definitely feeling Marquez this season, as he's very interesting to watch. It's hard to believe he's only 20 :O

Highlights:

CharlieH 05-15-2013 11:58 PM

i thought marquez' move on lorenzo was hilarious, especially since he punted him off the track after that corner was named after lorenzo over the weekend LOL. jorge was pissed but he knew he fucked the pooch by not closing the gap on the inside.
im feeling a possible podium or even a win for crutchlow this year as well. the talent is there, but he just needs to improve on his consistency if he wants to be able to finish his races without losing precious time to mistakes.

as for lemans, i think rossi could win in the wet, and all 4 of the top runners can win in the dry. i really want vale to win some races but he's having to dig really friggin deep to keep up with these younger guys. hopefully mugello and misano will give him that extra motivation to bring it home.

edit: oh and i hope one of the factory honda riders injures himself (nothing serious) and has to sit out phillip island. STONER WILD CARD AUSTRALIAN GP :fuckyea:

Raid3n 05-16-2013 10:13 AM

lol, damn charlie, you ruthless XD

CharlieH 05-19-2013 12:37 PM

Le Mans race spoiler!

Spoiler!

Naka San 05-19-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieH (Post 8240837)
Le Mans race spoiler!

Spoiler!

If you noticed Marq Marquez is the only one that has those alpinestar magnesium toe sliders on his elbows LOL

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5341/8...5644143f_c.jpg

CharlieH 05-19-2013 02:26 PM

LOL because he's dragging his elbows to the point that his suit is getting ripped up :lol

CharlieH 06-02-2013 11:49 AM

alvaro bautista is a fucking asshole. i like how he constantly cried about simoncelli being "aggressive" back in the day and then he pulls this shit. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

604STIG 06-03-2013 10:52 AM

Was so looking forward to watching Rossi perform his magic in this race at home. Damn you Bautista.:facepalm:

CharlieH 06-13-2013 04:05 PM

cant wait for FP1. 7 more hours!

Raid3n 06-13-2013 09:13 PM

charlie: i was pretty pissed at bautista too. and then he tried to say it was rossi's fault!

CharlieH 06-20-2013 12:17 PM

^

i was on my feet clapping when he tried to dive down the inside of vale again at catalunya only to eat a face full of shit LOL. fucking tool bag.

Raid3n 06-20-2013 01:45 PM

hahaha

604STIG 06-20-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieH (Post 8264558)
^

i was on my feet clapping when he tried to dive down the inside of vale again at catalunya only to eat a face full of shit LOL. fucking tool bag.

Ya, but the idiot almost took Rossi out again. That would have made for some interesting post race interviews.

604STIG 06-27-2013 09:42 AM

Horrible news for Yamaha, Lorenzo had a high speed (+200Km/h) crash during practice at the Assen track during practice. He went over the handle bars and landed on his left shoulder breaking his collar bone. He will, obviously, not be in this weekends race and will most likely miss many more after that.

And he was challenging for the Championship, only 12 points out of 1st. This will likely kill all chances at winning the #1 plate this season.

CharlieH 06-27-2013 11:56 AM

i think he'll be back for sachsenring. 2 weeks is enough to get back on the bike, even if it will hurt like shit. if dani finally wins this year i want it to be because he beat everyone, not because lorenzo had to sit out half the season lolol.

CharlieH 06-28-2013 08:41 AM

WOOOOOOOOO MY BOY CAL. qualifying's more exciting to watch than the actual races this year

CharlieH 06-29-2013 10:46 AM

Spoiler!

impactX 06-30-2013 03:25 AM

Rossi claimed top step of the podium after 3 years

It's been a while but the king is back!

Also, Lorenzo climbed from 12th to 5th after breaking his collarbone...

Assen MotoGP: Rossi ends victory drought as Lorenzo stars - MotoGP news - AUTOSPORT.com

Valentino Rossi claimed his first MotoGP win in almost three years with a commanding ride in the Dutch Grand Prix.

The Italian had not stood on the top step of the podium since the 2010 Malaysian Grand Prix, during his previous stint with Yamaha, but controlled proceedings at Assen to claim his 80th win in grand prix motorcycling's premier class.

Seven podium finishes - just three in two years with Ducati - since his last win marked a hallow return for the nine-time world champion, but he returned to winning ways in style in Saturday's race.

Having qualified on the second row, Rossi hauled in and passed the fast-starting Hondas of Dani Pedrosa and Marc Marquez.

Cal Crutchlow dropped back after a poor start, as the Hondas hit the front with Pedrosa - up from fifth - leading Marquez. Stefan Bradl moved past Crutchlow to hold third, but would drop back to sixth.

Jorge Lorenzo, racing with a broken collarbone, had an astonishing first lap to vault up the order from 12th to fifth, and began to pressure the Tech 3 Yamaha in front of him as the front three escaped.

A mistake from Crutchlow at Turn 10 allowed Lorenzo to sneak by, and on the start of the next lap Rossi passed Marquez into Turn 1 after the Spaniard had wobbled on the exit of the chicane.

Rossi then set about catching Pedrosa and was soon on the tail of the lead Honda, leaving Marquez to briefly fend off Lorenzo before the defending champion's injury caused him to drop back.

The crowd on the start-finish straight were then delighted as Rossi outbraked Pedrosa into the final chicane and - as at Mugello and Barcelona - the championship leader began to slip back.

He was passed by Marquez and Crutchlow – who had passed Lorenzo at the final corner by this point - as Rossi extended his lead to more than two seconds, though the battle for the runner-up spot was far from settled.

Crutchlow was all over Marquez in the closing laps trying to find a way through, and it seemed almost inevitable the duo would come to blows.

They almost did when, with just two laps remaining, Marquez seemed to struggle under braking for Turn 1 and Crutchlow was caught out by the significantly slower Honda and had to take avoiding action – almost skating off-track as they avoided contact by the smallest of margins.

By this point Rossi was well clear, the squabbling behind him allowing a final lap without pressure, the Italian punching the air as he crossed the line to win.

Aleix Espargaro was the class of the CRT field. He ran as high as seventh in the opening laps and finished eighth, beating both works Ducatis.

Results - 26 laps:

Pos Rider Team/Bike Time/Gap
1. Valentino Rossi Yamaha 41m25.202s
2. Marc Marquez Honda + 2.170s
3. Cal Crutchlow Tech 3 Yamaha + 4.073s
4. Dani Pedrosa Honda + 7.832s
5. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha + 15.510s
6. Stefan Bradl LCR Honda + 27.519s
7. Alvaro Bautista Gresini Honda + 31.598s
8. Aleix Espargaro Aspar Aprilia + 32.405s
9. Bradley Smith Tech 3 Yamaha + 33.751s
10. Andrea Dovizioso Ducati + 33.801s
11. Nicky Hayden Ducati + 34.371s
12. Randy de Puniet Aspar Aprilia + 57.674s
13. Andrea Iannone Pramac Ducati + 1m01.424s
14. Michele Pirro Pramac Ducati + 1m01.561s
15. Karel Abraham Cardion Aprilia + 1m04.426s
16. Danilo Petrucci Ioda-Suter-BMW + 1m11.114s
17. Colin Edwards Forward FTR-Kawasaki + 1m15.249s
18. Claudio Corti Forward FTR-Kawasaki + 1m24.884s
19. Yonny Hernandez PBM Aprilia + 1m25.854s
20. Hector Barbera Avintia FTR-Kawasaki + 1m25.978s
21. Bryan Staring Gresini FTR-Honda + 1m26.256s
22. Michael Laverty PBM-Aprilia + 1m26.610s
23. Ivan Silva Avintia FTR-Kawasaki + 1m38.173s

StylinRed 06-30-2013 04:28 AM

that's cool rossi fans must be ecstatic

must be like when Schumi got pole in qualifying for me but even better since he won!

HonestTea 06-30-2013 09:20 AM

The guy that got 5th place is more of an accomplishment than Rossi getting first IMO

Fucking guy, crashes the day before and breaks his collarbone, has surgery and comes back the next day to race and gets 5th?!

Un fucking real
Posted via RS Mobile

Raid3n 06-30-2013 09:29 AM

ImpactX this thread exists for a reason. please do not post spoilers outside this thread.

i haven't seen the race yet and did not appreciate coming across this in VAC...

impactX 06-30-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raid3n (Post 8271495)
ImpactX this thread exists for a reason. please do not post spoilers outside this thread.

i haven't seen the race yet and did not appreciate coming across this in VAC...

Sorry, I haven't ventured into this forum for a long while and I watched the races live, much like how I watched Formula 1. If I can't watch them, I will be sure to read about them in the news.

If we are talking about a movie, I could understand the need for spoiler tags; however, we are talking about a live sport here where the race standings would be in the news anyway. If that's the way we are going down, then we may as well censor every sports related thread because there's ought to be someone who has not watched the event live.

Inaii 07-01-2013 12:43 AM

UFC thread requires spoilers.

Raid3n 07-01-2013 12:43 AM

that is the point of this thread, for people who may have had it pvr'd and were going to watch it when they got home, and instead see your thread with the winner of the race in the title no less. and now the result is ruined.

it's not a hard concept, it's called common courtesy..

impactX 07-01-2013 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raid3n (Post 8272209)
that is the point of this thread, for people who may have had it pvr'd and were going to watch it when they got home, and instead see your thread with the winner of the race in the title no less. and now the result is ruined.

it's not a hard concept, it's called common courtesy..

That is assuming people know of this thread in the first place. Since May 15, you only have 3 users, 2 mods (and your sister) participating in this thread and in 1 day, I had 2 users (excluding me) who participated in the thread.

You are taking the spoiler tags too far when users have to censor the words in the title regarding a current event that is readily available in the public domain including the Internet and the news.

Would these threads be considered as spoilers for you to enjoy the race on PVR as well:
http://www.revscene.net/forums/65609...es-sepang.html
http://www.revscene.net/forums/65610...imoncelli.html

Again, you cannot spoil a current event.