REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #1
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Chinese owner destroys £276,000 Maserati at car show over 'poor customer service'

An angry car owner hired three men to smash up his luxury Maserati with sledgehammers outside the company’s show room in a protest at 'poor customer service.'

The owner, identified only by his surname Wang, saw his £276,000 model turned into wreck in Qingdao, China,

According to the Xinhua news agency, the owner had been charged for a new part, even though an old one had been used during car repairs.

In a bid to draw attention to his plight, Mr Wang ordered the unusual protest outside the Qingdao International Convention Centre on the same day as the start of the International Auto Show.

'I hope foreign luxury car producers acknowledge clearly that Chinese consumers are entitled to get the service that is commensurate with the brand,' Mr Wang told the Qingdao Morning Post, according to Agence France-Presse.

The supercar was draped in a banner accusing the Italian manufacturer of poor decision-making.

According to Car News China Mr Wang, had been in a longstanding feud with the dealership spanning more than two years.

In 2011, a businessman from Qingdao named Han Nan hired men to annihilate his $750,000 Lamborghini.

He was reportedly fed up with a mechanic who couldn't fix an engine problem, so he decided to have the car smashed in front of a crowd on World Consumer Rights Day.

Read more: Owner destroys £276,000 Maserati at car show in China just because he was angry with dealer over 'poor customer service' | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Advertisement
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #2
Old School RS

Thanked 3,931 Times in 1,198 Posts
Hmm... Chinese businessman can't even think up his own way to destroy his car and make a point... has to copy a previous attempt...

China Car Times ? China Auto News | Qingdao man unhappy with his Lambo, destroys it on National Consumer Day with sledgehammer team

Old 05-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
Corrupt business owners in China are nothing new. There are businesses cheating customers by selling fake products to them all
the time. Old parts for a Maserati? M'eh.

Chemicals in milk. Fake LV and Gucci bags. Even fake lamb meat at farmer's markets.
The list goes on and on.

It is sad to see the owner choosing to smash up a good car to prove a point.
Posted via RS Mobile
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:54 PM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
In China, car gets smashed due to proving a point. In Richmond, car gets smashed due to driving into (insert object).
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #5
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
how did that cost 276,000 pounds..you can get a used early production quattroporte for 35k..
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-16-2013, 05:21 PM   #6
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
"Yeah, that'll teach Maserati."

Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2013, 05:46 PM   #7
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
pathetic publicity stunt. those weaklings can barely swing a sledge hammer
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #8
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

and i rmr theres one of a lambo gettin smashed up due to bad service too...

Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #9
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,644 Times in 2,300 Posts
lol @ guy in blue
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #10
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
It is sad to see the owner choosing to smash up a good car to prove a point.
Posted via RS Mobile
That's the point isn't it? No matter how it looks on the outside, it's not quite a good car anymore if shoddy workmanship and maintenance goes into ruining the car mechanically. (or probably in this case, the car is more trouble than its worth; no matter how exponentially valuable the car originally is)

I can understand these guys to a MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH lesser degree. More often than not with electronics, it doesn't matter how expensive it initially is, if it doesn't work properly, it's nothing but a useless brick and I throw it around like one too.

Obviously these guys are at a league further above.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2013, 06:16 PM   #11
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwy View Post
how did that cost 276,000 pounds..you can get a used early production quattroporte for 35k..
Must be a misprint but mind you China might have crazy import taxes like India.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #12
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
That's the point isn't it? No matter how it looks on the outside, it's not quite a good car anymore if shoddy workmanship and maintenance goes into ruining the car mechanically. (or probably in this case, the car is more trouble than its worth; no matter how exponentially valuable the car originally is)

I can understand these guys to a MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH lesser degree. More often than not with electronics, it doesn't matter how expensive it initially is, if it doesn't work properly, it's nothing but a useless brick and I throw it around like one too.

Obviously these guys are at a league further above.
But that's the problem... it's not that the car wasn't working, he's upset that he was charged for a new part when a used part was installed instead.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #13
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Cars are marked up wayyy high in asia. Lol driving a x5 or x6 in asia is like balllllinnnnnnnnn
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #14
I don't get it

Quote:
Gather round kids, it's time for "why do things in China cost so damn much?"

The Sparknotes version is this. The Chinese government slaps stiff import taxes on foreign-made cars, and equally stiff taxes on luxury goods. The post-Cultural Revolution phenomenon of conspicuousness to the point of tackiness means that no Chinese would want to be seen with an older Quattroporte, a car that costs less than $45k in Canada. They want the 2013 Quattroporte GT-S with all the options, to be seen in. That's why it costs £275k. (A new S500 costs 2.1 million RMB (just over $350k) which is triple the cost of the equivalent in Canada (the S550).

By the way it's the same in all of Asia, steep taxes to protect local industries or encourage public transport. The most extreme example: In Singapore a Honda Accord costs S$150k. But Singapore's subway is amazing, it blows Skytrain out of the goddamn water.

On a side note: Because China is still a poor country (the average factory worker in Beijing or Shanghai makes less than $300 a month), someone with a new model luxury vehicle is really, really, really, REALLY fucking rich. And they will pay in cash for these cars, with bags full of yuan in some cases. These mega-ballers are more often than not connected to the Communist Party, either they own businesses that are in favour with the CCP or they are corrupt politicians themselves. They will send their kids abroad to study, I have heard anecdotes of high school kids getting their own house in Shaughnessey or Dunbar, all paid in cash by their parents. Many are good people I'm sure, but some are spoiled rotten ("My father is Li Gang", the Highway 99 street racers, the 599 GTO crash in Singapore).

Just to show you how fast China's economy is growing, 400,000 Audis were sold in China and HK in 2012, compared to 140,000 in the US.

Last edited by BurnoutBinLaden; 05-16-2013 at 10:36 PM.
BurnoutBinLaden is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #15
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
But that's the problem... it's not that the car wasn't working, he's upset that he was charged for a new part when a used part was installed instead.
I'm pretty sure that's just ONE of the things that pushed him over the edge. To give up on an asset of such value, there must've been a mountain of other problems and complexes.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #16
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

quick! someone call peta. it looks like those chinese are smashing an ant eater!!
[22-02, 21:43] ?uestlove i personally find it very attractive when women have stinky farts.
?uestlove is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2013, 07:59 PM   #17
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,112 Times in 264 Posts
pffff

this guy can do better with just his hands

Volvo-brickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #18
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,497 Times in 4,892 Posts
Someone should hire three girls to bitch slap the owner silly for being such a kunt.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:18 PM   #19
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

It is absolutely essential that companies doing business in China, provide the same level of service, as they do elsewhere, to their customers in China. Its about time that the Chinese people, share in the access to quality products, and service. They deserve this access for their hard work in creating the economic success story that China has become. This should apply as well for less well heeled customers. The quality of China's own products are improving rapidly, and before very long will be a match for products produced anywhere.
Gululu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #20
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
lol nothing surprising; luxury cars in Asia are double the price of North America. We're really lucky here!

In Singapore it's way worse than China.. a new Civic list price is 147,900(SGD) which is like $120,930(CAD)

Last edited by Slow63; 05-16-2013 at 09:54 PM. Reason: List Price before COE Rebate
Slow63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #21
iceboy & saucywoman are my parents!

Thanked 1,770 Times in 445 Posts
don't know what's worse, watching a car getting destroyed over something stupid or watching grown men not being able to swing a hammer
[23-07, 02:53] LSF22 the guy who i just saw had like 5 or 6 cars on his lawn needs a ride

[07-10, 15:42] nabs tbails14 = the legend continues

[27-10, 19:44] slickrick (to ts14) NO NOT THE EXHAUST

[07-10, 22:42] Ri2 If I had a real one I'd fap til it turns blue probably

[05-01, 16:24] Geoc ts you're a never ending inspiration for the inner buddy guy in all of us
ts14 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #22
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts14 View Post
don't know what's worse, watching a car getting destroyed over something stupid or watching grown men not being able to swing a hammer
lol @ the guy in front gave up trying to dent the hood and went for the glass
Slow63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:17 PM   #23
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
It's an interesting video, and an interesting point made.

I wonder how much (or how little) it would cost to repair the damage done to the car (smashes windows, windshield, dented hood, etc.).

Does anybody know or have an estimate/guess?
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:37 PM   #24
I don't get it either

whoa the car is like dent resistant or something.
Boostaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:44 PM   #25
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo-brickster View Post
pffff

this guy can do better with just his hands

Fighter destroys car with bare hands - YouTube

FTFY

Fighter destroys car with bare hands vs. Street Fighter - Ken's Theme by VJ AAAHHHHH | YouTube Doubler | Mashup Helper
This post thanked by: