REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Photography Lab

Photography Lab THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
A place to display digital masterpieces, enhance photography skills, photoshop, and share photo tips with one another...

Old 05-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Disneyland Trip - Photo Advice

Im off to Disneyland in a week or so and wanted some advice on here for proper shots, especially during the night.

I have a Rebel T1i (not the best body to use), a 24-105 lens and a 50mm 1.4 lens. I was thinking of taking my tripod as well to capture certain shots, in particular the fireworks at night. I also have a flash that I was going to take.

I have seen amazing shots in the Photo Daily Thread and am wondering on how to capture images at night during the electrical parade and during the fireworks.

I was planning to do a bunch of shots prior to leaving just to get used to the settings. I figured I would post here to get a better understanding of how to use the most of camera/lens I have and for capturing moments with my family.

Id really appreciate any advice, you "pros" are willing to share.
Advertisement
grupyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,128 Times in 339 Posts
Go there, enjoy your time and don't let photography get in the way. Just take a your camera with the 24-105 and do what you can. Personally I'd leave the tripod at the hotel, lots of people around.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,067 Times in 1,252 Posts
leave the 50mm 1.4 home

but why are you using 24 - 105 with rabal

If I were you, I would just take the kit lens and a 35 1.8 there

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:19 AM   #4
Cool beans bro

Thanked 1,054 Times in 231 Posts
24-105mm on a crop isn't all that bad. Its quite versatile but once it hits night time that thing is going to fall apart in terms of lighting. Flash won't help at all for the fireworks so forget that. It's quite hard to take firework photos without a tripod at Disneyland, and the last thing you want to pack and trek into the park is a tripod. Not to mention it gets super tight and people might walk into it etc.
JordanLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:52 AM   #5
Old School RS

Thanked 3,954 Times in 1,205 Posts
Skip the 50 1.4 and pick up a 10-22, it's probably the best UWA lens available on a Canon and will make a HUGE difference on the photos you are able to capture. It would be a great complement to the 24-105!

Mark
Old 05-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #6
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostslut View Post
Go there, enjoy your time and don't let photography get in the way. Just take a your camera with the 24-105 and do what you can. Personally I'd leave the tripod at the hotel, lots of people around.
what he said...
don't let photography get in the way of you enjoying yourself. I would definitely leave the tripod and flash at home.

I would even suggest taking the kit lens if you still have it instead of the 24-105.

Remember that you're there to enjoy time with your family first, if you can't do that there's no memories to even take photos of.
giCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:18 AM   #7
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I appreciate all the replies on here. Everything has been amazing thus far. Any pointers on night time shots? Not for fireworks but in front of the shops?

I'm using my 24-105 lens only. I have tried to take shots in front of the shops but found the lights just blurred out, same with the castle at night.

Again thanks for the replies.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:37 AM   #8
Need to Seek Professional Help

the Ferris wheel at California adventure!!

cruz-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #9
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Sweet. That's the style of photo I was mentioning. May I ask settings you used?