REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #76
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
religion of peace
Advertisement
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #77
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,853 Times in 889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by predom View Post
Whens the last time you heard of a christian blowing people up in the name of christianity? Never, that's when.
Never??? Then you must have never learned about the crusades in school. Massacres, all in the name of the Church.

Quote:
You don't see white people going over to the middle east and blowing up public places. Whites\europeans just don't commit terror acts
That's because your definition of "terror act" is limited to what America wants you to believe is a terror act. Do you really think that when bombs are dropped over in the middle east, those innocent civilians don't think it's a terror act? Just cause America declares war before going in doesn't automatically mean it's not a terror act and that it's okay to do so. As someone already mentioned, America made up its own rules, so you think it's okay because they are playing within their own rules. Why does ANYONE else have to play by those rules? You don't join a monopoly game and say "I get to go twice when it's my turn" and expect everyone else to let you do so, and then give people shit for not playing by your rules.

Quote:
All of the examples you guys gave were military strikes on military targets, not some guy going to iran and strapping a bomb to himself in a mall, in the attacks you mentioned, military was the target, civilians got in the way. When a middle eastern person comes to the usa, they don't target military bases, they blow up innocent people. My point stands.
yea, because they have such great manpower/technology to waltz into a US military base strapped with bombs. We attack what we want because we HAVE the power to do so. Oh, we want that base gone? lets send out a drone and fire some missiles. They don't have that shit.

you don't get it do you? we (well, the US) walk into other countries and kill innocent civilians and then use the excuse "oh, they got in the way, we were after a military target.... oops", day after day. There are rarely any consequences. And only if the media gets a hold of it, do soldiers even get charged. We don't get sanctioned by the UN. But the people over there put up with this everyday and nobody gives a shit. And us over here? we're conditioned to believe everything is dandy and justified. Another country decides to test some missiles, or build nukes? Sanctioned. America launches drones/missiles, drops bombs/nukes, kills innocent civilians? No problem.

The point of their terror acts are to show people that this shit is real. A bombing kills a dozen people, and we go ape shit over here. Well, take that and multiply it a couple times each day.

I am in no way saying it is okay for any of this to happen, but you have to understand and put things in perspective, not just take what you have been told or hear from the media.
bobbinka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #78
I subscribe to Revscene

The evidence here is overwhelming.

British “Undercover Soldiers” Caught driving Booby Trapped Car... dressed as Arabs.

US Iraqi Death Squads Exposed

So in some cases, these bombings are almost identical and in some cases, the perpetrators are individuals who may be working for the US or other Western intelligence services. Raymond Davis, a CIA agent, was arrested in Pakistan last year as he was orchestrating terrorist attacks on markets and mosques that were going to be blamed on Islamic extremists.
Video - PressTV - US public trusts statements by leader of Islamic Revolution: Dr. Kevin Barrett

Video - Al-Qaeda (US proxy)... Fighting Muslim people but never once attacked Isreali targets
PressTV - Israel, al-Qaeda ties out in the open: Kevin Barrett
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #79

Quote:
Tell me this, if white people are as much to blame for terror attacks, why do muslims get the stereotype? Must be a reason...
Posted via RS Mobile
when there's a car accident or murder, you see it on the news. why? because it's news worthy. when you do see it, you automatically think that there are SO many car accidents or murders these days, because that is all that's reported on the news. Is it true? Probably not. how many times do you see on the news do you see a report on something good being done? maybe a few times. what about in proportion to the bad things that happen? the % would be negligible.

the bad is over exaggerated and the good is rarely even talked about. Just because you dont hear about muslims being peaceful or good, does not mean they don't exist. And just because there are ones that commit terror acts does not mean they are all going to do the same.

I'm sure if the media over there was anything like ours, and people had unlimited access to social media like we do over here, Americans would have just as bad of a stereotype, if not worse.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #80
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbinka View Post
Never??? Then you must have never learned about the crusades in school. Massacres, all in the name of the Church.

That's because your definition of "terror act" is limited to what America wants you to believe is a terror act. Do you really think that when bombs are dropped over in the middle east, those innocent civilians don't think it's a terror act? Just cause America declares war before going in doesn't automatically mean it's not a terror act and that it's okay to do so. As someone already mentioned, America made up its own rules, so you think it's okay because they are playing within their own rules. Why does ANYONE else have to play by those rules? You don't join a monopoly game and say "I get to go twice when it's my turn" and expect everyone else to let you do so, and then give people shit for not playing by your rules.

yea, because they have such great manpower/technology to waltz into a US military base strapped with bombs. We attack what we want because we HAVE the power to do so. Oh, we want that base gone? lets send out a drone and fire some missiles. They don't have that shit.

you don't get it do you? we (well, the US) walk into other countries and kill innocent civilians and then use the excuse "oh, they got in the way, we were after a military target.... oops", day after day. There are rarely any consequences. And only if the media gets a hold of it, do soldiers even get charged. We don't get sanctioned by the UN. But the people over there put up with this everyday and nobody gives a shit. And us over here? we're conditioned to believe everything is dandy and justified. Another country decides to test some missiles, or build nukes? Sanctioned. America launches drones/missiles, drops bombs/nukes, kills innocent civilians? No problem.

The point of their terror acts are to show people that this shit is real. A bombing kills a dozen people, and we go ape shit over here. Well, take that and multiply it a couple times each day.

I am in no way saying it is okay for any of this to happen, but you have to understand and put things in perspective, not just take what you have been told or hear from the media.
LOL crusades, not even relevant whatsoever. Can't compare things from hunderds of years ago.
Posted via RS Mobile
predom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #81

Quote:
LOL crusades, not even relevant whatsoever. Can't compare things from hunderds of years ago.
Posted via RS Mobile
o okay. when you said "never", i didn't realize you only meant a very specific period of time that is suitable for you.

if you fail to see how it's relevant, i can't help you.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:00 PM   #82
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
predom can't see the forest past the trees. lol.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #83
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile
So how about the examples I gave? Still not relevant?
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #84
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
So how about the examples I gave? Still not relevant?
As i've noted that's what he does he ignores when the news/nations/prominent leaders/NGOs/UN/humanitarian organizations/wikileaks/etc etc etc bring forth evidence, news, condemn actions against what would be called terrorism or christian fundamentalism etc because it doesn't suit his viewpoint and he accepts the excuses the perpetrators provide

Anyway something similar was discussed on Bill Maher recently and Glen Greenwald, guardian reporter/author etc layed it out pretty well

here's a short clip

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...islam-benghazi

Last edited by StylinRed; 05-23-2013 at 07:52 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #85
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4doorVIP View Post
Can you think of any atheist examples?

I'll be waiting
You might want to talk to some Falun Gong practitioners
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #86
Head Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
As i've noted that's what he does he ignores when the news/nations/prominent leaders/NGOs/UN/humanitarian organizations/wikileaks/etc etc etc bring forth evidence, news, condemn actions against what would be called terrorism or christian fundamentalism etc because it doesn't suit his viewpoint and he accepts the excuses the perpetrators provide
predom = cic?

This post thanked by:
Old 05-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #87

i guess they are alike

except

predom = fox news &
cic = presstv
This post thanked by:
Old 05-23-2013, 08:47 PM   #88
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post

Anyway something similar was discussed on Bill Maher recently and Glen Greenwald, guardian reporter/author etc layed it out pretty well

here's a short clip

Bill Maher shredded by Glenn Greenwald on US intervention in Muslim countries - YouTube

Debating Bill Maher on Muslims, Islam and US foreign policy | Glenn Greenwald | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk
Because the news and wikileaks are credible sources...

Please show me where a us/euro/asian military force, or single person bombed a public place for the sole purpose of hurting civilians.
predom is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #89
Head Moderator

Quote:
Please show me where a us/euro/asian military force, or single person bombed a public place for the sole purpose of hurting civilians.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #90

Quote:

wow...

I'm just going to do what bballguy does to save myself some grief

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
This post thanked by:
Old 05-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #91
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile
T4RAWR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #92
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,162 Times in 7,154 Posts
Quote:
some nonsensical garbage
Every time you post, I feel like tying a plastic bag over my head. Someone should sit you facing a corner in a high chair and put a fucking dunce cap on your head.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #93
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:

bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:19 PM   #94
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
charlesincharge is like 100x more intelligent than predom.

like exact opposite... charles always trying to look beyond the edge of sanity. predoms only staring at the ants in front of his feet.

there's a buncha these out there.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #95
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,172 Times in 2,405 Posts
Never thought I'd see the day where CiC would be considered the more 'reasonable' member in a discussion.

2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #96
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
A pretty fun read on the CIA too

A Timeline of CIA Atrocities
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:10 PM   #97
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbinka View Post
Fun fact: the last time the American Congress actually declared war was WWII. Bet you thought the "War on Terror" was a real war, eh?
Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile
I'd say The Crusades are quite relevant, actually, given that Islam now and Christianity then were about the same age. Iunno about you, but if The Crusades had happened when Youtube was around...I'm pretty sure history would see it differently.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #98
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,070 Times in 229 Posts
you guys getting trolled
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:19 PM   #99
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,162 Times in 7,154 Posts
I don't think so. I think that precum is actually that stupid.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:51 PM   #100
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
kill for peace
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote