REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   What are you gonna get your old man (June 16) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/684499-what-you-gonna-get-your-old-man-june-16-a.html)

cantona 05-25-2013 01:09 PM

What are you gonna get your old man (June 16)

I waited last minute to get my mum something this year, so if you have any good ideas, post em up.

My old man is in Montblanc phase at the moment, so I'm looking at some small leather goods, maybe a document/card holder.

He's a pain to shop for, I remember when I was in elementary school we made paper ties, gave it to him and found it in the garbage the same day:okay:

meme405 05-25-2013 01:42 PM

Subscribed. need some ideas.

kwy 05-25-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cantona (Post 8245700)
I waited last minute to get my mum something this year, so if you have any good ideas, post em up.

My old man is in Montblanc phase at the moment, so I'm looking at some small leather goods, maybe a document/card holder.

He's a pain to shop for, I remember when I was in elementary school we made paper ties, gave it to him and found it in the garbage the same day
:okay:

That's rough..I would never do that to my kid..

ForeverYours 05-25-2013 02:27 PM

I think some slim card holders or money clip wallets would be a great gift idea. My dad doesn't have "newish" jeans so sill be looking for a pair of simple dark rinse ones with fairly subtle details

wuuhoo 05-25-2013 02:31 PM

I probably get wine, just because he loves drinking it

miss_crayon 05-27-2013 04:27 PM

He's away for a month during June so I gave him his present last week. Nexus 7 tablet because he loves watching his "apple" news before bed on his iphone (which is too small for his aging eyes)

Phozy 05-27-2013 06:36 PM

Got him a bottle of remy martin vsop... was a good choice. Maybe next year ill get him the XO.

Perhaps a quality wallet? I know my dad's wallet is pretty fat with a bunch of cards and such, so a nice slim one would be nice for essentials if there's an occasion.

cantona 05-27-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phozy (Post 8247396)

Perhaps a quality wallet? I know my dad's wallet is pretty fat with a bunch of cards and such, so a nice slim one would be nice for essentials if there's an occasion.

For a sleek slim card holder/wallet, I recommend going to the betty hemmings store in vancouver. Me and my dad both have the betty hemmings card holder...holds 3 cards, 2 front pouches and 1 in the back, and in the center is a opening for cash. Its one of the nicest compact leather slim ones I've seen.

They have others too, but their own branded one is the best imo, very good quality leather.

is350 05-27-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cantona (Post 8247405)
For a sleek slim card holder/wallet, I recommend going to the betty hemmings store in vancouver. Me and my dad both have the betty hemmings card holder...holds 3 cards, 2 front pouches and 1 in the back, and in the center is a opening for cash. Its one of the nicest compact leather slim ones I've seen.

They have others too, but their own branded one is the best imo, very good quality leather.

I have never visited betty hemmings before. Out of curiosity, for the card holders, are the prices range similiar to say Coach, Burberry, LV or are they cheaper?

cantona 05-27-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwx1 (Post 8247460)
I have never visited betty hemmings before. Out of curiosity, for the card holders, are the prices range similiar to say Coach, Burberry, LV or are they cheaper?

They are cheaper than say LV or Burberry, mine was I think 175 $ or so. Go take a look at their store, I found out about the store from my old man, and if your into leather goods they have some quality stuff. The salesman when I went seemed to know his shit too.

tiger_handheld 05-27-2013 08:15 PM

bottle of whiskey and some roast chicken

jackmeister 05-27-2013 08:51 PM

Maybe a 2nd hand iPad, because his favourite son wants a new iPad. :troll:

BBMme 05-27-2013 09:15 PM

I upgraded his room for vegas
Posted via RS Mobile

StylinRed 05-27-2013 09:25 PM

haven't decided but most likely something tech related a gadget of some sort

Xu.Vi 05-28-2013 01:37 AM

bottle of moutai and a pound of roast pig. nothing like kicking back with the man and chatting for hours.

cantona 05-28-2013 05:06 PM

i think I've settled on getting him a bottle of cognac...Hine Antique Xo to be exact. I know jack about cognac's but I know we have remy xo kicking about.

Can anyone confirm that this is a good choice, I guess its still all subjective at the end of the day.

corollagtSr5 05-29-2013 01:25 AM

take him for a massage :ifyouknow:

Klondike 05-29-2013 01:41 AM

Back in the day, we just used to get him power tools but now he pretty much has every power tool and could host "Tool Time" if he wanted to. The easy way out would be a gift card of some sort.

Christmas Gifts for Men | The Art of Manliness

Some manly gift ideas.

Mr.HappySilp 05-29-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_crayon (Post 8247303)
He's away for a month during June so I gave him his present last week. Nexus 7 tablet because he loves watching his "apple" news before bed on his iphone (which is too small for his aging eyes)

SAME! I got my parents a tablet expect I got them the Ipad!

Edit and yes Apple News is awesome!

Xululu 05-29-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cantona (Post 8245700)
He's a pain to shop for, I remember when I was in elementary school we made paper ties, gave it to him and found it in the garbage the same day:okay:

A garbage can.

cantona 05-29-2013 03:51 PM

Hahaha, brilliant

esovc 05-30-2013 10:24 PM

same thing as every year... something he doesnt need or really care about

cant tell you how many presents have gone unopened or unused

even a gift card.......

kwy 05-30-2013 10:50 PM

Then go for a gesture instead of a physical gift.

ae101 06-08-2013 12:12 AM

im gonna just take my old man out for a nice dinner & thats it, what ever i give him would be pointless as it would just create more garbage

Matlock 06-08-2013 07:17 AM

We are both trades people. I usually buy extra tools when they are on sale then just wait until birthday, fathers day, or Christmas... and if I need a tool I can always pick out of my "new" tools instead of giving them. :D