REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Where to buy slim fit polos? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/684645-where-buy-slim-fit-polos.html)

bluejays 05-29-2013 07:32 PM

Where to buy slim fit polos?

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a couple slim fitting polos but haven't had much luck. I've tried the stuff from Ralph Lauren but their size S fits like a L on me. Does anyone have any recommendations on what brand/where to purchase them?

woob 05-29-2013 07:52 PM

kent wang

tiger_handheld 05-29-2013 08:39 PM

who is kent wang and why are his polo's pricey?

pinn3r 05-29-2013 09:18 PM

the Lacoste store. they're $100 (pricey as fuck) but i guarantee you'll love it

i was looking for slim-fit polos too, just about a month ago
spent an hour in The Bay and found nothing. walked into the Lacoste store, tried one on, and fell in love with it

Recon604 05-29-2013 09:38 PM

burberry brit polos are all slim and looks great, get them from harry rosen

Santofu 05-29-2013 09:42 PM

H&M. Quality isn't there but it fits me pretty good and it's only $15 dollars each.

Fcukedd 05-30-2013 01:20 AM

What Santofu said. If you're just looking for a basic solid colour, they have some pretty soft and stretchy ones for $15.

Slim fit too, and they shrink in width a decent amount.

dlo 05-30-2013 02:18 AM

fred perry polos are pree dope also

bluejays 05-30-2013 11:45 AM

Thanks guys! I'll head to Harry Rosen this weekend and take a look at the lacoste/burberry/fred perry polos
Posted via RS Mobile

miss_crayon 05-30-2013 11:52 AM

Just picked up a whole bunch for the Mr at Club Monaco for work. No logos, super soft (cotton with a slight stretch), and slim fitting. SOme of them are even on sale for 30% off!

snails 05-30-2013 11:54 AM

h&m hmmm.. mayb have to go there, when it comes to clothes i am sooo cheap, aintcare about brand, only care about fit of clothes

SlySi 05-30-2013 12:31 PM

Express in Pacific Centre.
However, wait for their yearly everything 50% discount if you can.
Otherwise their Polos are quite slim fitting.

tomatogunk 05-30-2013 03:42 PM

ralph lauren hands down. I like their custom fit polos but they also recently came out with their slim fit line

smarv 05-30-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recon604 (Post 8249169)
burberry brit polos are all slim and looks great, get them from harry rosen

+1 for burberry polos, I picked one up not long ago and the fit is perfect.

H.Specter 05-30-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomatogunk (Post 8249640)
ralph lauren hands down. I like their custom fit polos but they also recently came out with their slim fit line

+1

except impartial to their new logos/designs especially with the large RL

def go with the custom fit or slim fit though.

skiiipi 05-31-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smarv (Post 8249841)
+1 for burberry polos, I picked one up not long ago and the fit is perfect.

Burberry London fits way better than brit.
I tried the brit medium, and it was too short on me, but was good across the chest.
Brit large was too loose and baggy
The Burberry London Large was perfect for me.
Quality is way nicer.
A bit pricier, but worth it.
I'm 6', 185lbs btw
Posted via RS Mobile

Recon604 05-31-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiiipi (Post 8250521)
Burberry London fits way better than brit.
I tried the brit medium, and it was too short on me, but was good across the chest.
Brit large was too loose and baggy
The Burberry London Large was perfect for me.
Quality is way nicer.
A bit pricier, but worth it.
I'm 6', 185lbs btw
Posted via RS Mobile

we are talkin about slim fit, no offense 185lbs and 6" your not slim at all, tats why it fits you short.

Marshall Placid 05-31-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinn3r (Post 8249154)
the Lacoste store. they're $100 (pricey as fuck) but i guarantee you'll love it

i was looking for slim-fit polos too, just about a month ago
spent an hour in The Bay and found nothing. walked into the Lacoste store, tried one on, and fell in love with it

I usually don't take care of my clothing, and the few Lacoste shirts I have require extra care.

I basically throw them into my washer and bam, it destroys the shirt.

So... that is the end of the line for me for Lacoste shirts.

Their shirts are very high quality though.

Personally, I like a few of their shirts, but a lot of them have very "special" colours or simply "too colourful" that are not my style.

I prefer Polo by Ralph Lauren or Tommy Hilfiger.

Now, those, I can throw them into my washer and wash away without problems.

Not really racist! 05-31-2013 11:30 PM

Don't waste your time with Lacoste polos, just average quality with a brand stuck on it.

Wait till you wash them, they shrink quite a bit, and yes they get ruined easily as stated above.

I find J Crew slim line polos are pretty good for the quality, if you wanna save some bucks you can hit up the factory store but its online only (closest ones are hundreds of kilometers away). Sometimes there are sales and end up being 20$ each

You could try Brooks Brothers as well

bluejays 06-01-2013 06:33 PM

Ended up getting 2 of the new lacoste stretch polo, and a burberry brit one. Definitely feel like the lacoste polos fit better but we'll see after they go through the wash

skiiipi 06-01-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recon604 (Post 8250529)
we are talkin about slim fit, no offense 185lbs and 6" your not slim at all, tats why it fits you short.

ouch....i guess u got a point....but I honestly think the burberry london polo are a much slimmer fit. give it a try, its about $90-100 more than the brit, but the quality is WAY better

Marshall Placid 06-01-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluejays (Post 8250969)
Ended up getting 2 of the new lacoste stretch polo, and a burberry brit one. Definitely feel like the lacoste polos fit better but we'll see after they go through the wash

Nice.

I made the mistake of washing them like normal shirts and the elasticity basically went away.

I think they need to be dried clean or washed in a "soft" setting on your washer.

In any case, I suggest reading the polo tags inside to make sure.

PJ 06-04-2013 07:12 AM

+1 for Ralph Lauren slim fit. Love the fit, love the length. Love the quality.

Lacoste polos are too short for me. Also, they're very soft and fragile. Mine got all warped after a single wash.
Will not buy another. Wish they had something a bit more rigid.

As far as the cheap(er) ones go, I actually don't mind the AE/Hollister ones. As much as I dislike the brands, the build isn't bad for what you pay. I just can't stand H&M's quality.

spaceman 06-05-2013 12:13 AM

check out banana republic lux-touch polos. good fits and are surprisingly soft

miss_crayon 06-05-2013 07:23 PM

^The Mr. liked those too because it reminds him of his underarmour work out shirts. The material is super lightweight and breathable