REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Music & Clubbing

Music & Clubbing Rock your official RS Gear from Shop.Revscene.net (keyword search REVSCENE)
New tracks, videos, top hits, concert info and post discussion, music industry buzz, club hot spots, clubbing lifestyles..

Old 05-30-2013, 01:33 AM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Need Metal (for an inexperinced person)

I don't know a lot of metal, just a tiny tiny bit of the main stream stuff.
But I am interested in getting into metal. Most music, I need to ease into it, so I like to stick to the mainstream till I get some roots.

My limited experience tells me this much.
► The band needs a voice I can like, I'm fine with shouting or w/e but I value a talent voice.
►I think the hardest part to get me into metal will be this point:
I'm not into music with overly hardcore lyrics, like "slipknot" a bunch of there songs lyrically are just nasty, even if they have a good over all sound to it, I cant live with the trade off. So please limit suggestions from bands that are known that sorta thing, that said, if its something they do but only counts for say 15% of all there songs, then suggestion if you feel its worth it, but if you can, please make note of songs I would want to avoid.
◘ no overly graphic nasty lyrics (sex, rape, murder, etc)
◘ I don't enjoy excessive swearing
◘ I would like to avoid "supernatural, demon worship, dark lords, etc, sorta bands as well"
(note, I hope I'm not just stereotyping what I think the majority of metal is composed of, I'm still learning after all lol)
►If it helps, for reference, I mostly listen to rock related bands with roots from the late 80s and 90s. Some I would list would be, Metallica, Linkin Park, System Of a Down, Rage Against the machine, Audioslave, Incubus, Korn, Pearl jam. Just an example of some bands I listen to, and yes I realize for the most part they arnt metal.

I look forward to any suggestions you may have. And thanks much in advance.
Advertisement
Mr Colt is offline   Reply With Quote