REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 05-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

MOM Courtesy Warning

i got this 2 times already, anyone know what it means? i called them and they said they cant tell me because they arnt authorized to do so.
935763_10151469783405954_518559574_n.jpg
Advertisement
AW11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I've got one before aswell. The security guard told me its because I parked at metrotown for over 4 hours, but in reality, i dropped my gf off, and came back 5 hours later to pick her up. They said to go to the security office and clear it up, its just a warning that next time there could be a possibility of towing. (Granted you parked for over 4 hours)
axxess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:16 PM   #3
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
I bet OP parked for over 4 hours.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

They have a car that drives around and scans plates now. Prevents people from parking and taking the train/bus elsewhere.

It kind of sucks for the legitimate situations like axxess', but at least the car is still there. At metrotown, they are pretty lenient with their towing policy.

For axxess, perhaps get your gf to register your car under her name with security.

If cats always land on their feet, and toast always lands butter side down, what would happen if you strapped burnt toast to the back of a cat and dropped it?
boibuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #5
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boibuddha View Post
They have a car that drives around and scans plates now. Prevents people from parking and taking the train/bus elsewhere.

It kind of sucks for the legitimate situations like axxess', but at least the car is still there. At metrotown, they are pretty lenient with their towing policy.

For axxess, perhaps get your gf to register your car under her name with security.
what about people who work in the mall and park there for 6+ hours a day?
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:03 PM   #6
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
I don't think they're allowed to, or there is an employee parking lot in the far corner.

I saw a civic getting towed from silvercity lot, and I asked the security guard why he was getting towed - said the car regular parked there for hours and hours, and that it was just a lazy mall employee who didn't want to walk.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
I don't think they're allowed to, or there is an employee parking lot in the far corner.

I saw a civic getting towed from silvercity lot, and I asked the security guard why he was getting towed - said the car regular parked there for hours and hours, and that it was just a lazy mall employee who didn't want to walk.
meh, ill just pull into a spot...front grill to the wall, park in 4low and crank the wheel to the left/right and put a club on the wheel so it cant be moved. good luck getting a flat bed truck in the underground parking lot to tow me.

ps - if they attempted to tow my truck in 4low and fuck it up, whos responsible?
Old 05-30-2013, 11:19 PM   #8

They don't use a flatbad - they hook it, and will probably fuck up your car.

If I was an asshole tow truck driver (and most of them are) I'd just feel more compelled to tow you because you've challenged me.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2013, 11:25 PM   #9

Quote:
They don't use a flatbad - they hook it, and will probably fuck up your car.

If I was an asshole tow truck driver (and most of them are) I'd just feel more compelled to tow you because you've challenged me.
well wouldn't they be held responsible if they damage the vehicle? or if im doing it on purpose should I just take a before and after photo each time I do it for proof that the damage wasn't already there lol.

when my truck is pulled into a spot, its not that easy to get in and out from the doors, so if my wheels are cranked and locked, they're gonna have one hell of a time squeezing in between the cars on both sides of me to get those little foot dolly things in there.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:36 PM   #10

lol I'm not arguing with you, and yes technically they would be, but that's one fight I don't ever want to be in.

But yeah, if your car/truck is that much of a hassle then they might just say fuck it.

YMMV
Old 05-30-2013, 11:49 PM   #11

Quote:
lol I'm not arguing with you, and yes technically they would be, but that's one fight I don't ever want to be in.

But yeah, if your car/truck is that much of a hassle then they might just say fuck it.

YMMV
lol I kinda wanna try it just to see how they would go about towing it lol...wish I knew someone who was a tow truck driver just so I could watch him pull it out then drop it for free lol.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:07 AM   #12
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
I've gotten the same type of ticket. but haven't had time to go to their offices.

I went there to buy tickets to a movie later that day. Came back to watch the movie, and got a warning ticket.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:12 AM   #13

Thanked 2,148 Times in 262 Posts
Employees at metro get a decal they stick to their windshield
Posted via RS Mobile
2 n r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:41 AM   #14

Sent a message to Metrotown @ Metropolis. Their response:

"If there are any problems, tell them to contact info@metropolisatmetrotown.com with their concern and we'll try to forward it to the right person. thanks"

Pretty much just passing the buck. Either that or go straight to their office as phone calls are bullshit.

Concord Parking
#925 - 4710 Kingsway
Metrotower I
Burnaby, BC Canada V5H 4M2
Contact Us - Concord Parking

If I get another ticket and there is an actual fine amount, tables will be flipped.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-31-2013, 11:06 AM   #15
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Employee parking is determined by the day of the week.

Weekdays - Silvercity, isolated superstore, and the top two levels of the zellers lots.

Weekends is just the zellers lot.

2nr is correct about the decal, they are given to employees REGISTERED with mall security.

If cats always land on their feet, and toast always lands butter side down, what would happen if you strapped burnt toast to the back of a cat and dropped it?
boibuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:11 AM   #16
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
^ i worked at metro for years.. ive never heard of stickers, or special parking... also never received a ticket
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:38 PM   #17
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,763 Times in 905 Posts
I worked at Metro for a little while years ago and my manager had to register my car with the mall and I believe I got a decal if I remember correctly. I also remember I had to park in a spot that was against the far wall in the lower level.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:14 PM   #18

That's just a notice telling you they caught your car parked for over 4 hours. If you didn't park there for that long, just walk into the security office and tell them, they will usually remove it hassle free. If you don't, you will get fined the following time and then towed on your 3rd or 4th violation

They used to use decals but now employee plates are just registered and aren't flagged when the vehicle drives around scanning the plates (changed end of the year 2012)
Quote:
meh, ill just pull into a spot...front grill to the wall, park in 4low and crank the wheel to the left/right and put a club on the wheel so it cant be moved. good luck getting a flat bed truck in the underground parking lot to tow me.

ps - if they attempted to tow my truck in 4low and fuck it up, whos responsible?
I'm pretty sure tow truck drivers can get in your car. I was towed twice and both times when I went to retrieve the car, my e-brake was off and once my car was not even in gear (standard 2010 civic)
Posted via RS Mobile
aznkev03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:13 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
I bet OP parked for over 4 hours.
i parked there for like 1 hour both times..
AW11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:19 PM   #20
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

It's not "MOM".. it's "M@M"... as in... Metropolis AT Metrotown

Ha ha.. insert "your Mom" joke here.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:15 PM   #21
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
They'll have to go to the security office, grab a employee parking form to fill in with their vehicle information, plate #, the store they work at and bring it back with the store manager's signature. Then the security office will provide them with a Metrotown employee parking sticker to place on their windshield that will expire at the end of the year. And even so, they are only allowed to park in curtain areas, such as the far lots near where zellers/bread garden use to be.

However if they are caught parking anywhere else for 4+ hours they will still be issued a warning and possibly a tow as well. But to be honest I know people who have received over 90 warning slips in the past 5 years and yet to have their cars towed.
mqin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:51 PM   #22
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quote:
well wouldn't they be held responsible if they damage the vehicle? or if im doing it on purpose should I just take a before and after photo each time I do it for proof that the damage wasn't already there lol.

when my truck is pulled into a spot, its not that easy to get in and out from the doors, so if my wheels are cranked and locked, they're gonna have one hell of a time squeezing in between the cars on both sides of me to get those little foot dolly things in there.
They will just drag it and rip the transfer case out of the truck. You REALLY don't want to risk it... They do NOT give a FUCK if they wreck your truck.
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #23

^^ That kind of damage can be sued over though.. Abit too obvious if they just tear the transfer case right out.. How are they going to argue that they didn't do that because yknow, a truck doesn't need that to drive into the spot, let alone get to the mall.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #24
NSX
NA1

Metro is messed now. Theres a Prius that goes around with those Sensors that read your license plate. They come in the morning, and scan all the license plates. The guy leaves and goes to oakridge and other malls etc, and scans other parking lots, then comes back to metro 4 hours later. If your car is sill there, you get a ticket. You dont get decals anymore. Your license plate has to be registered at the security office.

Heres the catch though. The people who drive around scanning plates dont work for Metrotown, but for Concorde. Everyone goes to complain at the security office when there are issues, and the guards get pissed because it has nothing to do with them. Even the guards get ticketed now, because they use to do the parking enforcement themselves. Gotta follow the rules now.
NSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:20 AM   #25

^^ If thats the case, I'm going to listen to what snails said while in chat.

No front plate, and reverse into the stall.

Scan my plate?
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by: