REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Ginseng and Swallows Nest (https://www.revscene.net/forums/684704-ginseng-swallows-nest.html)

Recon604 05-31-2013 11:27 AM

Ginseng and Swallows Nest

Any recommendation on what kind of Ginseng is good? Someone school me about it and looking to get swallows nest but I dunno wheres a good place to buy it.

godwin 05-31-2013 03:21 PM

What do you mean by good?

Traditional Chinese / Korean / Japanese etc wants wild grown ginseng that is hundreds of years old. (Obviously you can't get it here).

Swallows Nest.. if you are thinking about bringing it in from overseas.. don't.. they will just trash it when you declare it. A bird flu vector.

jackmeister 05-31-2013 04:06 PM

for a rough idea of canadian ginseng, look for golden yellow/brown skin, white/yellow root. if possible, ask for a sample of ginseng slice and eat it. it should be slightly bitter.

absolutely avoid the ones that look too dark or light and have smoother exterior. those are not good and tasteless.

birds nest is too crazy to understand, but look at the bottom of the ridge on the thick end to see how much thicker it is. usually they spray scraps on the bottom to weigh it down

Marshall Placid 05-31-2013 08:15 PM

The ginseng I tried are in pill format.

For some reason, my testosterone levels went higher than normal, leaving me MORE prone to anger and bad temper.

I stopped eating it, and went back to normal.

I think (I read it somewhere as well) that ginseng is supposed to do that.

-----------

For swallow's nest, I have a whole bunch of glass canned ones which I did not eat/drink any way.

Then, I found that the preservatives used to preserve them are very bad for you.

But, this is only for the canned versions.

The fresh or semi fresh ones, or "un" canned ones are much better, where you have to cook it yourself.

-------------

Most swallow's nest (the good ones) come from Malaysia.

More and more are coming from Thailand, but the best ones come from Malaysia.

godwin 05-31-2013 11:41 PM

If you want to try Swallow's Nest, Brands is a safe brand to try.

If you want to buy raw imported.. try the Chinese Medicine dispensary on 1st and Renfew.. in the same complex as T&T.. just a few doors down due East.. they have been there for ages.

smoothie. 06-06-2013 04:58 PM

I saw swallows and came in here.
Posted via RS Mobile

Cassijon 06-10-2013 10:40 PM

if u want free "fresh" swallows nest, come by my place and take the nest away that is under my neighbors roof. its driving me crazy and i cant sleep cuz of the chirping