REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Man deletes his online presence, disappears (https://www.revscene.net/forums/684776-man-deletes-his-online-presence-disappears.html)

El Bastardo 06-02-2013 05:41 PM

Man deletes his online presence, disappears

Hey all. Someone asked me to post this.

Please keep the flaming and trolling to a minimum. This is a human being who has people who care about him. Lets not dehumanize him by saying "lol he dead" or any other crap.

http://i.imgur.com/z6fFUW6.jpg

MISSING PERSONS: DAVID DREGER
Vancouver BC
Last tweeted to Randy about deleting his accounts 21 hours ago (as of 9.39pm PST May 27...tweets sent evening of May 26)
He left his wallet, computer, & phone behind.
People have tried contacting him on both his Canada cell # and his US cell #
Deleted his Twitter and Xbox Live accounts Sunday night.
Those of us who know David understand what a big deal the deletion of his accounts are.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...AVIDDREGER.pdf

If you live in the greater Vancouver BC area and south through Washington I-5 corridor, would you consider printing and posting some of these around? We want David to know that we care! Post where ever it is allowed

**Due to our efforts, The Vancouver PD have elevated this to a MIssing Persons Case. **

** You can find information as it comes up here on RT and on the Find David Dreger Facebook page **

Message from Danielle, David's sister: Thank you all for your well-wishes and prayers. We are currently working with the police who are scouring Stanley Park. We will keep you updated as we know more. Please pray for David's safe return and we want David to know we love him and miss him so very much.

Message from Danielle 4:00pm pst : The Dreger family is still with the VPD in Stanley Park. The police have made an enormous effort to locate David - looking on foot, from helicopters, on horseback, bikes and ATVs and patrolling the waterways. At this point there is no further news to share. In the same way that you have sent my family well wishes I want you to know that we are thinking of you all - it is so wonderful to know that David is so important to you.

"David is white, 6' tall with an athletic build, short brown hair, blue eyes and was clean shaven when he was last seen," the release reads. "He has a birthmark on the inside of his right bicep. He may be wearing black Chuck Taylor Converse shoes with the Batman logo on them."
Anyone with information about Dreger's whereabouts can contact the Vancouver Police Missing Persons Unit at (604) 717-2530
- mole on the back of his neck
- shoes: size 10-10.5 black chuck taylor converses with bright yellow batman insignia
- jacket: black, 3 in 1 Firefly brand jacket size medium
- pants: most likely wearing jeans size 34-34
- shirt: possibly wearing black and white cycling shirt with a zipper across the back, size XL made by Gore

dinosaur 06-02-2013 06:29 PM

Damn....doesn't look like the outcome will be happy if he deleted all his accounts before he went missing :(

What a terrible situation for the family to go through...

Gridlock 06-02-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Bastardo (Post 8251478)
Hey all. Someone asked me to post this.

Please keep the flaming and trolling to a minimum. This is a human being who has people who care about him. Lets not dehumanize him by saying "lol he ****" or any other crap.

um...this is like, just as offensive as if someone else wrote it.

PJ 06-02-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinosaur (Post 8251514)
Damn....doesn't look like the outcome will be happy if he deleted all his accounts before he went missing :(

This is what I was thinking too. And he left his wallet, phone, computer behind.

Hopefully it's just a coincidence.. :\

subordinate 06-03-2013 01:36 AM

Anyone else creeped out by the cryptic message he left on his website?

Welp, see ya later!

Note the title on the website. "welp, see ya later"

shenmecar 06-03-2013 03:13 AM

So he intentionally made it hard for people to find him.
Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 06-03-2013 03:37 AM

This has been in the gaming news for a while now, since he was apparently part of a popular gaming website of some sort.

The fact that he deleted all his accounts and left the not-so-cryptic 'see ya later' video leads me to believe he doesn't want to be found. Whether he killed himself or just took on a new identity, he left everyone behind... someone MUST know what's going on, which makes this kind of an interesting story

fliptuner 06-03-2013 01:05 PM

If all that is true, he's not exactly missing, is he?

subordinate 06-03-2013 01:32 PM

You never know...... Could have been forced to.
Posted via RS Mobile

dinosaur 06-03-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subordinate (Post 8252085)
You never know...... Could have been forced to.
Posted via RS Mobile

:rukidding:

Ronin 06-03-2013 06:26 PM

http://www.impawards.com/2007/posters/into_the_wild.jpg

fliptuner 06-03-2013 06:29 PM

That was my first thought. Sometimes people just want to get off the radar.

SchoolGlue 06-03-2013 06:53 PM

Pulling Krakauer's Into the Wild? Maybe we'll find him in the forest as well with bad berries.

Inaii 06-03-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8251802)
This has been in the gaming news for a while now, since he was apparently part of a popular gaming website of some sort.

The fact that he deleted all his accounts and left the not-so-cryptic 'see ya later' video leads me to believe he doesn't want to be found. Whether he killed himself or just took on a new identity, he left everyone behind... someone MUST know what's going on, which makes this kind of an interesting story

He's a member of the Rooster Teeth community. There's been talk that he's done exactly what Ice suggested, gone off the grid. I really hope that's the case.

stewie 06-03-2013 07:01 PM

saw this poster in royal Columbia hospital today

thought it was a bit weird...

if he was forced to, I don't think he would have left the "welp, see ya later" comment.

well, if he is alive, I doubt he went to terribly far, airports need id, so do the borders. hes bound to surface sooner or later..(preferably alive)

eurochevy 06-03-2013 07:11 PM

Wanted to live in the woods maybe? some people have done it before?

mr_chin 06-03-2013 07:54 PM

If I were him, I'd probably had to think twice about going missing. Too many fucking accounts to remember.

twitchyzero 06-03-2013 09:21 PM

may be he went to join the Hare Krishna

semi srs

phresh2k3 06-04-2013 04:09 AM

went to highschool with the guy

was bullied alot/had issues. shocked to see him on the news 10 years later but a part of me is not surprised...

Psykopathik 06-04-2013 07:39 AM

why delete accounts and leave shit behind if not planning to kill himself.

I'd rather miss work than leave my phone at home. shits serious.

helmet and bike found under bridge....

hope they find him.

JesseBlue 06-04-2013 03:39 PM

its hard to find someone who might be hiding...

Soundy 06-04-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8251802)

This is exactly what I first thought - the very fact that he "deleted" himself before up and vanishing makes the whole thing sound very planned and deliberate. If he was going to kill himself, why bother with all covering his tracks and leaving all means of communication behind?

Reminds me a lot of this case, actually: Footprints At The River's Edge: 12/28/01: Martin Balfour, 26, Pitt Meadows, BC, Canada

The_AK 06-04-2013 11:40 PM

no different from tupac or zyzz

dinosaur 06-04-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 8253074)
This is exactly what I first thought - the very fact that he "deleted" himself before up and vanishing makes the whole thing sound very planned and deliberate. If he was going to kill himself, why bother with all covering his tracks and leaving all means of communication behind?

Reminds me a lot of this case, actually: Footprints At The River's Edge: 12/28/01: Martin Balfour, 26, Pitt Meadows, BC, Canada

Because some times people do. Some actually plan their suicide....pick a day, pick a method, pick a place....all very methodical. Not all suicides are spontaneous and fueled by "in the moment" emotions. Also, some don't want their bodies found.....I knew guy who committed suicide by hanging himself off a jungle-gym at an elementary school while another trekked all the way into the woods by White Pine.

Either way...I feel sorry for the family. They may never get closure...it really very sad as they will have problems moving on.

SkinnyPupp 06-21-2013 08:57 PM

They found him dead

Ex-Rooster Teeth contributor found dead in West Vancouver | Polygon

Almost 1 month after he went missing... Gotta assume suicide