REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > The John Norwich Riders Corner

The John Norwich Riders Corner In honour of our fellow moderator: John Norwich R.I.P. September 17th, 2014
Buy, sell, trade bikes and gear, set up bike rallies, meet discussions. #revscenebikes

Old 05-10-2014, 09:13 AM   #26
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
2-5% = .5hp? LOL

but in all honesty if it's not a widely known china scooter there probably isnt even any aftermarket parts available for it. if you want a louder exhaust just drill some holes into the muffler
Haha, maybe...+10% performance then! Actually, I've thought about it and I just want to derestrict the scooter. Do anyone of you guys know where to do that in Burnaby/Vancouver, and how much that'll cost?

Thanks!
Advertisement
hpratvfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:50 AM   #27
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,743 Times in 3,864 Posts
Most of these Chinese scooters are just replicas of real scooters anyways.

Is it 2 stroke or 4 stroke? Google the term " unlimited cdi" and that iswhat your looking for
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:09 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Most of these Chinese scooters are just replicas of real scooters anyways.

Is it 2 stroke or 4 stroke? Google the term " unlimited cdi" and that iswhat your looking for
I actually don't know... Would it be in the manual??

So you don't know which shops can do the derestriction?
Old 05-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #29

You don't know if it's 2 stroke or 4 stroke?

Do you add oil in with the gas, and it smokes everywhere? That's 2 stroke.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:48 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
You don't know if it's 2 stroke or 4 stroke?

Do you add oil in with the gas, and it smokes everywhere? That's 2 stroke.
It's 4 stroke!
Old 05-11-2014, 10:00 AM   #31
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

Thanked 1,024 Times in 444 Posts
Well, a couple years ago there was a scooter tuner in richmond but he closed shop and left town back to Taiwan. I think rideaway motors is still around. Vancouver marine drive area, beside MF. Google it.

As mentioned Chinese scooters are clones of something, find out what it is and from there you can find out what you can do to it. Not every scooter is modable.
?NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:02 AM   #32
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,232 Times in 2,483 Posts
Sigh... reading this thread is making me wish I hadn't sold my 150cc or 250cc scooter...
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:51 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?NR View Post
Well, a couple years ago there was a scooter tuner in richmond but he closed shop and left town back to Taiwan. I think rideaway motors is still around. Vancouver marine drive area, beside MF. Google it.

As mentioned Chinese scooters are clones of something, find out what it is and from there you can find out what you can do to it. Not every scooter is modable.
Thanks. Would you know if the Vican Falcon is a clone of the Xingyue XYQT50-6 (I saw this model number on the decal of my scooter), and the XYQT50-6 is a clone of ___________???
Old 05-12-2014, 08:53 AM   #34

Quote:

"We don't touch anything Chinese" was their response... could someone do this for me in the Lower Mainland?! I'll pay!
Old 05-12-2014, 11:26 AM   #35
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

Ah. That's the taiwanese in them talking. Unfortunately, I don't know of any other scooter shops out there. Try cascade out in the valley.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:11 PM   #36

Quote:
Ah. That's the taiwanese in them talking. Unfortunately, I don't know of any other scooter shops out there. Try cascade out in the valley.
The shop is called Cascade?
Old 05-13-2014, 01:03 PM   #37
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

Cascade motorsports in Mission.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:05 PM   #38

Rising sun motors in ladner? There is also a shop that makes fully custom ruckus parts in house, let me look on Craigslist and try to find their ads
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2014, 03:42 PM   #39
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpratvfrk View Post
Haha, maybe...+10% performance then! Actually, I've thought about it and I just want to derestrict the scooter. Do anyone of you guys know where to do that in Burnaby/Vancouver, and how much that'll cost?

Thanks!
seriously, shedding a few pounds will prob make you go faster than whatever exhaust you're putting on it
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:43 PM   #40
NNT
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpratvfrk View Post

Thanks!
To install the exhaust is simple, problem is if you can find an after market exhaust that fit your Chinese scooter?
de-restrict pretty much the same story, your best bet is to do it yourself. most scooter are restricted in the exhaust and variator. you will need a dremel to drill out the restriction corn inside the exhaust and take out the ring in the variator. I bet most place don't have experience with Chinese scooter and wont even touch it.
NNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 10:20 AM   #41
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Reviving an old thread because I recently got a scooter.

Lions Gate Bridge has no minimum speed limit, just the 60 maximum, so it is legal. I barely do 50 up the bridge though and even northbound on the causeway, in the latter case one could do the scenic Stanley Park loop and merge onto the bridge just before Prospect Point. Keep in mind this ramp is closed 3-6pm Monday to Friday.

I rode the Ironworkers Memorial once and I can tell you I wouldn't do it again unless I was in some dire circumstance.

I ride on the Patullo Bridge everyday no problem.

On a note of some major freeway bridges like Alex Fraser Bridge and soon on the Port Mann Bridge with speed limits and flow of traffic so fast I wouldn't do it under any circumstances whatsoever, they do have sidewalks...
DKaz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2014, 10:37 AM   #42
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
when i crossed the lions gate on a scooter, i did it on the sidewalk hahaha

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 05:31 PM   #43

Lol. I heard that gas scooters occasionally use the Canada Line pedestrian bridge.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:27 PM   #44
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

LOL don't do it some cyclists went ape shit on my buddy when he tried zipping by on his vespa last summer
dn53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 07:49 AM   #45
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,438 Times in 4,279 Posts
You technically aren't allowed to and it is illegal. It is unsafe, both for yourself and cyclists and pedestrians alike, let alone a huge risk in itself.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 02:24 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
You technically aren't allowed to and it is illegal. It is unsafe, both for yourself and cyclists and pedestrians alike, let alone a huge risk in itself.
It is very illegal. And scooters can legally ride on the Knight and Oak St Bridge so there's no reason to use the Canada Line Bridge.

It just sucks the number of crossings scooters can take is so limited. For example, to cross to South of Fraser, you can't take the Massey Tunnel, and legally not the Alex Fraser Bridge either, so you just have the Pattullo and Golden Ears Bridge, both which don't have a minimum speed. I admit to riding on the Alex Fraser Bridge sidewalk twice because I didn't want to cross the Pattullo then the Queensborough, but at bicycle speeds. 10-15km/h uphill, 30km/h downhill.

But I ditched my scooter for a motorcycle, so I'm freeway legal now.
This post thanked by: