REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Think the cops here are bad? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/684875-think-cops-here-bad.html)

SkinnyPupp 06-04-2013 09:13 PM

Think the cops here are bad?

Tasered 10-Year-Old Boy Sues Police - ABC News

-Cops visit school on career day
-They ask if the kids would like to clean their cruisers
-10 year old boy says he doesn't want to wash the cars
-Cop says “Let me show what happens to people who do not listen to the police.” and shoots the kid in the chest with his taser
-Cop says he was showing the taser to the students and it accidentally went off

punkwax 06-04-2013 09:45 PM

I don't know if this is tragic or hilarious.... tragic now, hilarious a few years later perhaps? I could see this kid laughing about this in future with his buddies... (if it were indeed accidental)..

SkinnyPupp 06-04-2013 09:48 PM

Maybe, but he is quite traumatized now apparently.. According to his mother he is scared to go to sleep, since he doesn't know if he'll wake up.

punkwax 06-04-2013 09:53 PM

Oh, I'm sure he is.. perhaps it would have been better said as 'hopefully he laughs about this later'.. it all hinges on whether or not he felt as though it was an accident or on purpose I'd imagine..

SB7 06-04-2013 09:56 PM

Nice, the family will get a huge settlement at the taxpayers expense while the officer will get a slap on the wrist in the form of a paid mini-vacation through a paid suspension!

I feel really bad for the family... But it's kind of like winning the lottery at the price of getting kicked in the balls really hard, sure it's painful for a while but at least you have a few million dollars to wipe the tears away with.

murd0c 06-04-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodnarb (Post 8253354)
I don't know if this is tragic or hilarious.... tragic now, hilarious a few years later perhaps? I could see this kid laughing about this in future with his buddies... (if it were indeed accidental)..

and he will be rich as fuck because he will win the law suit but won't be able to claim the money until hes 18.

rsx 06-05-2013 12:33 AM

That is insane. I remember when I was around 5 or 6 and my cousin pointed a cap gun (thinking it was unloaded) and shot me in the head. I was shaking the whole day (I know, I was being a puss about it). But it was so random and sudden.

Being tased, geez, I can't even imagine.

Manic! 06-05-2013 02:00 AM

If you think that's bad:
Video of police raid that ended in girl's death shown

Vansterdam 06-05-2013 02:31 AM

:lawl:
Posted via RS Mobile

white rocket 06-05-2013 08:21 AM

'Muurrica!! that is some heavy stuff.

Ronin 06-05-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8253323)
Tasered 10-Year-Old Boy Sues Police - ABC News

-Cops visit school on career day
-They ask if the kids would like to clean their cruisers
-10 year old boy says he doesn't want to wash the cars
-Cop says “Let me show what happens to people who do not listen to the police.” and shoots the kid in the chest with his taser
-Cop says he was showing the taser to the students and it accidentally went off

This sounds like something that would happen on Super Troopers or Hangover or whatever.

jeedee 06-05-2013 01:22 PM

Reminded me of this:

sonick 06-05-2013 01:37 PM

^ haha was just about to post this.

IN THE FAAAAAACE.

bcrdukes 06-05-2013 01:38 PM

Well, hopefully this will teach him NOT to get into organized crime.

jeedee 06-05-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 8253803)
^ haha was just about to post this.

IN THE FAAAAAACE.

"NOT YOU FAT JESUS"

Happy 06-05-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by striker_boi7 (Post 8253371)
Nice, the family will get a huge settlement at the taxpayers expense while the officer will get a slap on the wrist in the form of a paid mini-vacation through a paid suspension!

I was just about to say how easy the cop is gonna get off... The justice system is a joke towards police officers
Posted via RS Mobile

JSALES 06-05-2013 05:31 PM

why would the cop ask the group of boys which one would like to clean his cruiser? that's just stupid. why not show them something else like the lights, sirens, how it feels to be put in the back of a cop car etc..

Ronin 06-05-2013 08:31 PM

That officer would have to straight up kill that little boy in the face before the justice system cracks down on a cop. Even then, he'd probably just get probation after the defence reveals the kid was wearing a hoodie.

Spidey 06-05-2013 08:47 PM

wheres CiC?