REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

so many eavesdropper and no helpers...
Old 06-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #3
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
the only thing it's missing is WSHH shout out!!
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #4
Need to Seek Professional Help

wow that was an interesting watch......

"my life is ruined!!! "....
cruz-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

There's no way I'm touching that crackhead
Posted via RS Mobile
dinamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

Nice judo by the russian.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #7
iceboy & saucywoman are my parents!

Thanked 1,770 Times in 445 Posts
thats a good cop. he didnt physically destroy the guy and wasnt saying shit to him either. just did what he had to do
[23-07, 02:53] LSF22 the guy who i just saw had like 5 or 6 cars on his lawn needs a ride

[07-10, 15:42] nabs tbails14 = the legend continues

[27-10, 19:44] slickrick (to ts14) NO NOT THE EXHAUST

[07-10, 22:42] Ri2 If I had a real one I'd fap til it turns blue probably

[05-01, 16:24] Geoc ts you're a never ending inspiration for the inner buddy guy in all of us
ts14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #8
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Just goes to show you can't turn that off. On or off duty, you do what you gotta do.
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #9
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Ugh, guilty or not, it hurts to see a knee to someone's back while flat on the pavement...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #10
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Ugh, guilty or not, it hurts to see a knee to someone's back while flat on the pavement...

it's not like the cops gave him a knee strike, it was positioned there to prevent the guy from getting up... and no it doesn't hurt.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #11
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Good job by the officer. By the book, no unnecessary violence, not even a swear word. Just detained the guy until some on duty cops got there...and by the looks of it, he got it right. Guy says he'd return the stuff (so he stole something) and he has outstanding warrants. That's a fine example of a cop doing his duty.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:09 PM   #12
Old School RS

Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,202 Posts
+1 nice to see the first cop do the right thing. The 3 uniforms seemed unnecessarily rough considering the guy was down on the ground but whatever. Not a real genius who posted this video though... his complete name, birthdate, phone number, and address... makes it REALLY easy for identity theft haha.

Mark
Old 06-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #13
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I hope this entire ordeal gets adequately publicized too, shines some light on the good cop for once.
chouchou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #14
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
+1 for the cop

i can't help but feel sympathy for the suspected shoplifter though (he wasn't acting like a pos either) especially if it's expected he stole something like food
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #15
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,120 Times in 280 Posts
he didn't need to swear, the Russian accent is intimidating enough
Posted via RS Mobile
duy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #16
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I believe he's Polish.
jaguar604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #17
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

off duty rcmp did a good job not using unnecessary force. Used enough to just restrain resisting shoplifter.
wichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #18
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,120 Times in 280 Posts
I stand corrected *polish accent is intimidating*

and I would agree the shoplifter wasn't acting like a pos but that's the risk you run when choose to steal. I'm sure he won't get anymore than a fine and a slap on the wrist
Posted via RS Mobile
duy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #19
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
The guy holding the camera is almost 70 years old. "I can assist him", just relax gramps he's got that shit.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #20
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
can I please have my 5:49 back
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #21

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Just curious;

Any idea what the guy stole lol
Old 06-07-2013, 05:04 PM   #22
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

part of me says - that is so much work - for just a shoplifter. and like other said, it will probably just a slap on the wrist

but when I read if he is convicted.. the punishment seems just if he got more of the following.

What are the penalties?
If a judge convicts you, penalties for this offence can include one or more of the following things:

Probation (you have to follow certain conditions for a set time).
An absolute or conditional discharge – a penalty that gives first offenders a second chance with probation-like conditions.
Diversion or alternative measures (you can avoid a record – if it’s your first offence, you admit the offence, and you pay your debt to the community by, for example, doing community service for a number of hours or writing letters of apology or both). In certain circumstances, the Crown may stay or drop the charge.
Restitution (you have to pay for the item).
A fine, plus an automatic victim surcharge; you can ask the judge to waive the surcharge if you have no money.
A conditional sentence – like a jail term, but you serve it in the community with probation-like conditions.
A jail term.
valent|n0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #23
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I truly hope the media praises this off-duty cop. What he did was amazing.

I'm usually the first to criticize police officers for misconduct and their abuse of their powers, but I do have to praise them when they provide excellent service (and off-duty) too.

This russian (i'm assuming here) guy deserves a lot of praise and I hope it gets as much positive publicity as when the police do something bad.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #24
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valent|n0 View Post
part of me says - that is so much work - for just a shoplifter. and like other said, it will probably just a slap on the wrist

but when I read if he is convicted.. the punishment seems just if he got more of the following.

What are the penalties?
If a judge convicts you, penalties for this offence can include one or more of the following things:

Probation (you have to follow certain conditions for a set time).
An absolute or conditional discharge – a penalty that gives first offenders a second chance with probation-like conditions.
Diversion or alternative measures (you can avoid a record – if it’s your first offence, you admit the offence, and you pay your debt to the community by, for example, doing community service for a number of hours or writing letters of apology or both). In certain circumstances, the Crown may stay or drop the charge.
Restitution (you have to pay for the item).
A fine, plus an automatic victim surcharge; you can ask the judge to waive the surcharge if you have no money.
A conditional sentence – like a jail term, but you serve it in the community with probation-like conditions.
A jail term.
if he is a chronic offender, it will just add to his criminal record or police record. Whether he stole something 5 dollars or 10 000, at the end of the day, it is a cop's job to serve and protect, whether they are on or off duty. That is the side you guys, the media, and critics never see, and are quick to judge. I guarantee you that if you were being mugged or were in trouble in the middle of the street, and there was an off duty officer witnessing it, he/she would jump in to help you in a heart beat, while other bystanders (like the ones in the video) stop to record or just watch for amusement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
+1 nice to see the first cop do the right thing. The 3 uniforms seemed unnecessarily rough considering the guy was down on the ground but whatever. Not a real genius who posted this video though... his complete name, birthdate, phone number, and address... makes it REALLY easy for identity theft haha.

Mark
If you were a cop, and heard that another fellow cop was in trouble with another individual, I am sure you would go lights and sirens to help him out. If VPD has 3 cops in the area, then why not? What's the worst that could happen if you outnumber a shitrat 4 to 1? Last thing you want is to have only ONE Member show up, and the suspect has a gun or knife, and the Cops lose the fight. Mind you, VPD ride in cars of 2, so it isn't "over doing it" by any means.

And they were not unnecessarily rough. They ensured the suspect (who was trying to get away for the whole 5 mins that was being filmed) got in handcuffs. If he was struggling to get away initially, why would they take a chance and be all "umm excuse mr. please lay down and put your hands behind our back, and while you're at it.. heres a pair of handcuffs for you to put on for us".
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #25
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Waste of time.just another crackhead waiting to reoffend when he gets out. I dunno why people waste their energy on this scum. He wasnt hurting other people so I don't see why the cop had to go all vigilante.