REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Silver Merc hits child, drives off in Surrey (https://www.revscene.net/forums/684990-silver-merc-hits-child-drives-off-surrey.html)

91civicZC 06-07-2013 07:26 PM

Silver Merc hits child, drives off in Surrey

Posted from the province:

Quote:

A young boy has been airlifted to hospital with severe head injuries after he was hit by a driver who then fled the scene in Surrey.

The boy, described as about five or six years old, was hit just after 3 p.m. near the corner of 161st Street and 92nd Avenue, said Cpl. Bert Paquet of Surrey RCMP.

Paquet said investigators are on the scene talking to witnesses who saw the collision unfold.

“Right now our priority is to look for the vehicle,” he said.
The car is described as a newer model four-door silver Mercedes that has tinted windows and large stock rims. Paquet said the vehicle may have damage on its right side and a broken red light, pieces of which were left behind at the scene.

The driver fled the scene going eastbound on 92nd Avenue, said Paquet.
If someone sees the car, or knows who it is, turn them in. Anyone who can hit a child and then drive off should not be behind the wheel of a vehicle, or allowed to get away consequence free.

murd0c 06-07-2013 07:28 PM

couple blocks from my house, I will beat the fuck out of the guy/cunt before I turn him in...

Yes I've driven around my neighborhood looking and will do it again tonight/tomm

Razor Ramon HG 06-07-2013 07:35 PM

Do the police ever send out notices to car shops to take notice of cars with obvious damages matching crime-scene evidence that may go in for fixing?

Geoc 06-07-2013 07:38 PM

Mercedes with large rims and tinted windows, that's going to be hard to pinpoint.

MG1 06-07-2013 07:40 PM

Hopefully the driver will realize what they did and do the right thing by turning themself in.

Might have just panicked and took off without thinking.

twdm 06-07-2013 07:55 PM

Surrey, Mercedes, large rims, tinted windows... I know you're all thinking it.

Domani 06-07-2013 07:57 PM

f-ing coward.

TheKingdom2000 06-07-2013 08:17 PM

Whenever I hear about hit and runs, I always make a promise to myself that if I ever see one, I will immediately start tailing the car that hit the other. But, I know in the heat
of the moment things happen so fast and it's easier said than done.

I hope the kid is okay.
Posted via RS Mobile

BurnoutBinLaden 06-07-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8255758)
Hopefully the driver will realize what they did and do the right thing by turning themself in.

Murd0c should track him down and maybe he'll learn to do the right thing next time

dangonay 06-07-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8255758)

Doubt it. The POS is probably thinking "I'll leave and lay low for awhile, if they identify my car I'll claim I panicked and left, if not then I'm off scott-free".

van_city23 06-07-2013 08:57 PM

Watched the punjabi news on omni tv, reported witnesses saying it was a female driver

Red-nijzllab 06-07-2013 10:13 PM

Right by my house too. Ill keep an eye out for this sick fuck.

Murdering someone or hurting someone intentionally is not right but still human imo when emotions are involved, but I can never understand how a human if they have any humanity can run away from things like this? Especially if the victim is a child or there is the possibility to stop and provide immediate help to their victim.

RFlush 06-07-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKingdom2000 (Post 8255785)
Whenever I hear about hit and runs, I always make a promise to myself that if I ever see one, I will immediately start tailing the car that hit the other. But, I know in the heat
of the moment things happen so fast and it's easier said than done.

I hope the kid is okay.
Posted via RS Mobile

What?! If I see a hit and run on a pedestrian, my first initial thought would be to help the person who got hit.

yray 06-07-2013 10:52 PM

Just wish they could say if it was a SUV or a sedan... :facepalm:

it could be a G class all the way to a C class

dinamix 06-07-2013 11:24 PM

Fuck surrey. Surrey fuckin sucks.This is comin from a guy who lives in surrey

dinosaur 06-07-2013 11:38 PM

They found the car at a "near by house".

Hunt is on for the driver according to Global.

Manic! 06-08-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinosaur (Post 8255948)
They found the car at a "near by house".

Hunt is on for the driver according to Global.

Owner going to claim he/she was not driving.

dangonay 06-08-2013 06:57 AM

^ Going to be tough since you can't just hotwire a Mercedes and drive off. Driver needs access to a key. Police will also dust for prints and if there aren't any "unknowns" then they can narrow it down to, for example, family members.

We had a similar case at work where driver claimed someone took the car and they probably had a spare or copied key. We checked the car and there were no other keys "assigned" to the vehicle besides the ones the owner had. Busted. I'm sure Mercedes has a similar ability and the police will be getting them to check the car.
Posted via RS Mobile

Zedbra 06-08-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangonay (Post 8256037)
^ Going to be tough since you can't just hotwire a Mercedes and drive off. Driver needs access to a key. Police will also dust for prints and if there aren't any "unknowns" then they can narrow it down to, for example, family members.

We had a similar case at work where driver claimed someone took the car and they probably had a spare or copied key. We checked the car and there were no other keys "assigned" to the vehicle besides the ones the owner had. Busted. I'm sure Mercedes has a similar ability and the police will be getting them to check the car.

Let's hope this is the case. Even after all the detective work, the emotions of disgust for the coward leaving a hurt child, even if they catch the coward the "justice" will be disappointing. I'd rather see Murdoc handle it old school.

dangonay 06-08-2013 07:47 AM

There was a similar case in Surrey if I remember correctly. They found the car, knew it was a family member, but nobody would talk so they couldn't charge anyone. I think I recall the RCMP talking about family members possibly "obstructing justice". Anyone else remember this case?

JesseBlue 06-08-2013 08:23 AM

my wife and son almost got hit at a pedestrian crosswalk when they driver was turning left...female too and according to my wife, said she drove right on through...female or not i would beat them up as well...

68style 06-08-2013 08:29 AM

People gotta be vigilant too, it amazes me every day especially in Richmond watching people cross the street and never looking at the cars that are (or should) be stopping... just stare straight ahead to their destination... man... just asking for it if you assume everyone is stopping for the red or at your crosswalk. I always look at the cars as I'm going... self preservation skills!

z3german 06-08-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8255751)
couple blocks from my house, I will beat the fuck out of the guy/cunt before I turn him in...

Yes I've driven around my neighborhood looking and will do it again tonight/tomm

Your new profile picture is so fitting

"I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

91civicZC 06-08-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68style (Post 8256062)
People gotta be vigilant too, it amazes me every day especially in Richmond watching people cross the street and never looking at the cars that are (or should) be stopping... just stare straight ahead to their destination... man... just asking for it if you assume everyone is stopping for the red or at your crosswalk. I always look at the cars as I'm going... self preservation skills!

I totally agree. For all we know this person hit this kid because the kid ran out in front of them, they could be 100% not at fault.

But to then drive away,that makes them scum.

duy- 06-08-2013 09:48 AM

whether or not its the drivers error, the complete lack of responsibility is alarming but at the same time really not surprising

long rant
Spoiler!

either way, people make mistakes, it happens. he or she didnt wake up in the morning and say "hey im going to run over a kid today". show some character and own up to your mistakes, its not about how many mistakes you've made or how bad they are, but how you deal with them and fix them