REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #26
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
It's regretable that people will continue to be killed, but until you're dealing with a unified opposition, you risk picking the wrong side. Besides, as far as I'm concerned, Assad is on the wrong side of history. His chickens will come to roost, perhaps later than we want, but he'll be forced out eventually.
Posted via RS Mobile
for fighting against an armed opposition that are murdering/raping/cannibalizing/torturing your people? really?

when things spark at a far lower scale in the US they get stamped out immediately and brutally (G8 protests/ OWS) and thats that "deal with it" 2min clip on the news; when riots/protests are attempted to get stamped out over there BAM 24hr news and a threat of attack from America if attempts at stamping out persist what does that do? allows the protests to gain traction and become something far more dangerous and then what happens? oh just some secretly arming of the opposition by outside forces and bam the condition explodes

outside forces try to help the establishment? omg they're evil let's threaten them too

except, except when it happens to a country the US depends on like Bahrain whose people are actually getting oppressed by the royal family; peaceful protests are stamped out brutally and when that doesn't help saudi arabia can send their army in and take out protesters by any means necessary and even raid hospitals and the us doesn't give a damn and it happens right under their noses (naval base there) and it gets a 2min blip in the media "deal with it"
Advertisement

Last edited by StylinRed; 06-14-2013 at 02:13 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #27
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
We've tried intervention on humanitarian grounds many times over the last 50 years and at best, we've had mixed results.

This is a no-win situation: people are going to get killed regardless. At least if you do nothing, you don't risk pissing off the Russians, and the rest of the Middle East who may not like Assad, but certainly don't want Team America to invade their lands.

Change is happening, even in Saudi Arabia. Autocrats are on the wrong side of history - you can't brainwash people like you could in the old days without internet and mobile phones.
Posted via RS Mobile
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #28
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
You're trying to twist things around - it won't work. Your original statement was about America "intervening" which is wrong. They haven't "intervened" yet. Now you're off all over the place about whether I know Syria is next to Israel or that I shouldn't listen to Western media.

It doesn't matter if Russia arms Syria - it's the American actions that are controversial? Did you actually make such a stupid remark? It's no different than the US sending help to South Korea? Really? You're comparing Syria with South Korea? Is this CiC with another account?

Your version of intervening is military support which is now confirmed, just awaiting what kind of military tech the US plans to send over.

Mine is sending aid to rebels which could be viewed as terrorists by Syria or Russia.

I still don't think you see my point. The US is helping this unknown group of people even though it has been confirmed they have links to Terrorism most notably Al-Qaeda.

The US is sending arms on the ground that a 'red line' was crossed. Even though they completely ignored the fact that the rebels were busted trying to sneak around the same chemical agent.

I don't believe in American policies but you need to get off the American nut sack. You really think countries like America or Russia care? It's all about holding strategic points around the world.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/25/wo...r=rss&emc=rss&

Just for you bro, call it whatever you want but America has been secretly 'intervening' in the affairs of sending arms.

Last edited by tarobbt; 06-14-2013 at 04:46 PM.
tarobbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #29
I subscribe to Revscene

Zbigniew Brzezinski on Syria: US is engaging in "mass propaganda", "Who's fighting for democracy?"

Pat Buchanan: Sarin gas use in Syria Has Gulf of Tonkin false flag Written All Over It

George Galloway on Syria: If Woolwich murderer had gone to Damascus Hague would have given him money

No PressTV videos to make my point
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
for fighting against an armed opposition that are murdering/raping/cannibalizing/torturing your people? really?
Propaganda is strong on this war, just like Iraq...
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #30
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Pat Buchanan LOL!!!!
Old 06-16-2013, 11:03 PM   #31
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
I had to correct the spelling in the title. It was blowing my mind that you people are probably adults and can't spell Syria.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #32
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
I think sending aid (no weapons just food, medical supplies). It will just get messy and complcated.

Yes people are dying but I mean this is another country's polticial war, other countires should not get invole. It only make things worse.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote