REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #1
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
Putin stole super bowl ring ?

i hope its not a repost as i just saw it on fox sports news

Quote:
Wonder if this move is covered by the Patriot Act.

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft unveiled international intrigue and perhaps a covert cover-up on Thursday when he claimed Russian President Vladimir Putin actually stole his 2005 Super Bowl ring.

According to the New York Post’s Page 6 column, during Thursday night’s Carnegie Hall Medal of Excellence gala at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York, Kraft contradicted his own previous take when he claimed that Putin took the ring.

Although he wanted it back, the White House got involved – and Putin kept it. Putin has since refuted this claim.

The article explains that Kraft said the incident involving the $25,000, diamond-encrusted ring took place in 2005 when several business executives were in St. Petersburg.

“I took out the ring and showed it to [Putin], and he put it on and he goes, ‘I can kill someone with this ring,’ ” Kraft reportedly said. “I put my hand out and he put it in his pocket, and three KGB guys got around him and walked out.”

Although he issued a statement at the time saying that he had given Putin the ring “as a symbol of the respect and admiration that I have for the Russian people and [his] leadership,” Kraft diverged from that on Thursday.

According to the Page 6 report, at the time he had an interaction with the George W. Bush-led White House over the incident.

He was told by the White House, “‘It would really be in the best interest of US-Soviet relations if you meant to give the ring as a present.”

“I really didn’t [want to]. I had an emotional tie to the ring, it has my name on it,” Kraft said. “I don’t want to see it on eBay. There was a pause on the other end of the line, and the voice repeated, ‘It would really be in the best interest if you meant to give the ring as a present.’ ”

The ring is now reportedly kept in the Kremlin library.

It’s a good thing Kraft did not hand Putin the Lombardi Trophy.
New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft: Russia President Vladimir Putin stole Super Bowl ring - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

not sure if this is real or just a cooked up story but i had a bit of a laugh
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #2
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,148 Times in 262 Posts
LOL

“I took out the ring and showed it to [Putin], and he put it on and he goes, ‘I can kill someone with this ring,’ ” Kraft reportedly said. “I put my hand out and he put it in his pocket, and three KGB guys got around him and walked out.”

oh, and somewhat related
2 n r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:01 PM   #3

dude should have never showed him the ring in the 1st place lol

Quote:
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
Old 06-16-2013, 11:11 PM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

hahahhahhaahahah

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
hahahhahhaahahah

u forgot the at the end

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Old 06-17-2013, 01:24 AM   #6
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
hahahhahhaahahah

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2013, 06:24 AM   #7
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I believe it was stolen, what motive would Kraft have to lie about it? Could you imagine how big the headlines would have been had it been reported to the media, and how could he even get it back the President can pretty much walk around and do what he wants with impunity. I could totally see him being told to keep it quiet in the interest of diplomatic relations like he's claiming.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #8

my dad laughed so hard after hearing this story

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:

Last edited by ae101; 06-17-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #9
I am Hook'd on RS

Howled when I saw this on the new this morning!!!

Politicians at their best.
Nimblestix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:22 AM   #10
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Great first story to read with my morning coffee. Gotta love it when the politicians have the guts to steal right in front of your face like that. lol
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:29 AM   #11

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts

Old 06-18-2013, 07:48 AM   #12
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

that's power=p or guts
Old 06-18-2013, 07:36 PM   #13
The "You'd Know" Moderator

In the mean time, Putin is preparing some polonium-210 for Kraft.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #14
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,737 Times in 956 Posts
Putin did it to show he has power. He does this stuff all the time. He gave this lady (can't remember her name or position) two German Shepherds as a gift when he visited. He knew she was attacked by Shepherds when she was a child and is terrified of dogs.

This guy is a piece of work.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #15
Bieksa eats bears for breakfast...

Being the head of FSB will teach you a few things......lol

Your balls are sensitive things!! They shouldn't be played around with, at least not like that, and you should NOT BE DIPPING THEM IN AFTERSHAVE! Oh my god, I feel sorry for your balls!"

ODC: "Wrong, a roots type blower will produce max boost from 0rpm to redline."

Iceman_19: "A roots makes zero boost at zero rpm, lol"

Ulic Qel-Droma: "haha go google image big black dick. or black cock. i forgot which term i used. it's one of the many."
Iceman_2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:19 AM   #16
Banned (ABWS)

What can possibly be more badass then being in the KGB,becoming Russian president twice, then stealing a superbowl ring?

*b4 u fucks go apeshit yeah I know it's photoshopped
Red-nijzllab is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #17
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

No shit
Posted via RS Mobile
meowjinboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #18
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
If Vladimir Putin ever takes anything from you, worry not: he will replace it with something bigger and better.

Addressing allegations that he stole a ring from billionaire Robert Kraft, awarded after the American football team he owns won the Super Bowl, the Russian president said: "You know, I remember neither Mr Kraft nor the ring."

"If it's such a valuable thing for Kraft and his team, then I have a proposal," Putin said in response to a question at an annual economic forum in St Petersburg. "I'll ask our firms to put together a really good, big thing, so everyone will see what an expensive thing it is, with good metal and a stone, so it will be passed from generation to generation in the team, whose interests are represented by Mr Kraft."

The owner of the New England Patriots told a US audience this month that Putin had pocketed the $25,000 (£16,000) diamond-encrusted ring during an awkward meeting in St Petersburg in 2005. "I took out the ring and showed it to [Putin], and he put it on and he goes, 'I can kill someone with this ring,'" Kraft said, the New York Post reported last week. "I put my hand out and he put it in his pocket, and three KGB guys got around him and walked out."

Kraft said the White House had convinced him to cover up the theft by claiming it was a gift. "I really didn't [want to]," he said. "I had an emotional tie to the ring, it has my name on it."

Putin's spokesman, Dmitry Peskov, has previously denied that Putin pocketed the ring and said he saw Kraft give it to the longtime president as a present. The ring is on display in a Kremlin library devoted to gifts.

The scandal has dominated coverage of Putin for more than a week, with analysts taking it as a sign of the leader's ruthlessness and love of luxury goods.

Continuing his sarcastic tone, Putin said he thought his proposal "would be the smartest solution partners can ever achieve while tackling such a complicated international problem".
Vladimir Putin offers to replace Robert Kraft's 'stolen' Patriots ring | World news | guardian.co.uk

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #19
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
I'm kinda excited to see what Putin gets made, this could so turn Epic!!!
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote