REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

NEVER trust private modder

Sorry guys it is gonna be kinda long.
I had two private car modder that modded my car, and let me tell you guys, NEVER HAND UR CAR OVER TO PRIVATE PEOPLE. They screwed up multiple things causing me an expense of almost 2k in cash. Also, they do not take responsibilities on the project, instead, they tell you to **** off and say I am not understanding for when they spent almost 15+ extra hours doing my car. However, I do not see the point of that when they promised me they will finish the job with $1100, and the extra hours they spent are mostly used to fix the screws up they did on my car. (but the car is still screwed up as this moment)
Here are the shit they did:
1) I paid total of $1100 for headlight black housing, clear lense swap, led shiet, switchback, and HID foglight. They said thats cheap, I do not know and do not want to judge.
2) The LED wiring they did totally screwed up the Air con system and dealer couldnt cover it under warranty, so i had to pay almost $2000 for one of the guy's mistake. Not to mention i had to take everything out myself since they just "vanished" after i told the dude about it. He blocked me on Fb, cellphone, etc.
3) Bumper side clips was badly deformed and broken off, they told me its normal and say that all shops use force to push bumper in. I will let you guys be the judge of that.
4) a HID foglight blew within 1 month and they claimed that it was good quality before they bought it too.
5) headlight screws(even the inside one after i baked it open) are all gone (but they claim that since its an used second, probably the previous owner did something) I wont judge, but ill let you guys judge. and NO they did not tell me there was missing screws during anytime of the progress.
6) the guy that did the wiring not only "vanished" without taking responsibility of the $2000 he caused, he took my wiring diagram($75), and never replied me after I told him the wiring problem.
7) They did my headlight (open, reseal) 3 times and still condensation on both headlight.
8) I had to give them the whole car when they were doing the headlight (which i understand is a must), but they promised me 2-3 days max, but I got my car back after 1 week...
9) his last comment before he blocked me: "You paid work we did and not on other shit like teaching me how to plastidip, answering question not related,etc." Well I paid for plastidip too, but it went bad in like 1 week after. Questions I asked are mostly related to the screws up they did on the headlight like (why isnt the hid foglight bulb turning on? There is condensation again, can you guys fix it? which wire did you use for LED lights because it screwed up my Aircon, etc.)

I am not going to say the name of the two people that screwed up my car. I am just here to warn all of you reading this. Do not trust any private modder unless they are a really close friend of you. I learnt my lesson after paying total of $3200.
Post any questions you have, I will try to reply them asap.

P.S. If you really want to know who screwed my car over so that you are aware of it, I can tell you in private messege.

and FYI, im just posting this to warn noobs like me, do not trust others to do your car. I did not fully blame them for everything because I should not have trusted them in first place.
Advertisement

Last edited by Cardude3; 06-19-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #2
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
you expected a quality job from a complete stranger working from his back yard???????
Old 06-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,051 Times in 676 Posts
You should be the one taking responsibility. Who in their right mind would take their car to some random people
Old 06-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #4
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
I don't see why you wouldn't post their names in this thread. For people who are reading this thread six months and a year from now who PM you after you've moved on from Revscene you might save them some grief and some money.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #5
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Why would you pay $1100 to do work that you could do yourself?

Hope you learned your lesson -- always educate yourself before you send your car somewhere
Old 06-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #6
Kick' In' Duh' Bass

Thanked 1,692 Times in 405 Posts
Agreed, this is kinda your bad. I wouldnt go on craiglist looking for people to fix my car. If you want a job done right take it to a reputable shop and save your self a headache.

> 2005 Acura TSX ASPEC <
> 2003 Acura RSX-S <
> 1994 Acura Intergra LS <
> 1994 Honda Civic SI <
> 1991 Acura Integra GS < ( RIP )
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #7

Ya my fault for trusting them, cuz I thought they were mature and responsible people, and they also did their own car. I know I fucked up on trusting them, but im just here to warn those who might hit my mistake again the future.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #8

I am not trying to be mean or anything because I understand I fucked up on trusting the wrong people. I am just letting you all know about this crap
Old 06-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #9

sorry for my language. Really angry atm lol
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #10
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,615 Times in 574 Posts
Old 06-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #11
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,782 Times in 977 Posts
If you're in the middle of resolving the issue, keep their names private. If you've already done all you can, and they still screwed you over, then post their names!

You're not really helping anyone unless you tell us who to avoid.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #12
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Was his name Anthony by any chance?
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #13

not anthony, I posted it back up there
Old 06-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #14

Lol I really don't get the logic behind finding some stranger to DIY your car, when you can go to a couple RS meets and talk to some people to get some knowledge. Then maybe meet some buddies from those meets and pay them instead and at least have an idea about the capabilities of the people working on your car. I would probably even help the people working on my car on top of paying them which is even better.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #15
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
So you went to random people, instead of a dignified car shop, and asked them to do a job.
You paid them (ahead of time I assume) and you thought they'd be legit?

Pay to play, and you clearly did it wrong.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
Old 06-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #16
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoTurbo View Post
Lol I really don't get the logic behind finding some stranger to DIY your car, when you can go to a couple RS meets and talk to some people to get some knowledge. Then maybe meet some buddies from those meets and pay them instead and at least have an idea about the capabilities of the people working on your car. I would probably even help the people working on my car on top of paying them which is even better.
Hell, some of us will do it for free. Midnight suspension installs at a random member's house FTW!

...okay, he bought us Ikea breakfast, but it was still cheaper than a mechanic
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #17
RS controls my life!

Spoiler!

Last edited by Graeme S; 06-20-2013 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Name edit
Old 06-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #18
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
i dont want to be the guy to point and laugh but im too busy pointing and laughing, im sorry but these are all very simple things you paid wayy to much money for..

now i understand some people have 0 knowledge about cars but with such a simple task why not get your hands a little dirty and learn? its not like you were asking for an engine swap... thats how most of us learned, got some friends, scratched our heads a little and made many small mistakes... best part is that labor was free.

no one deserves to be ripped off, but if you are really incapable of picking up a wrench, bring it to a local shop, it may cost a bit more the first time but they are not just going to uproot and disappear if they fuck up. food for thought
Old 06-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #19
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,267 Times in 291 Posts
I'd like to hear from the perspective of the people who were paid to do the work
Old 06-19-2013, 12:53 PM   #20
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,440 Times in 4,281 Posts
Live and learn. Always bring it to a trustworthy shop. Lots of reputable sponsors here on RS.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 06-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #21
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
What?

Post pic of car please.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #22
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
dis gun be good. i think at least one of them is a frequent member of rs.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #23
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazorcoop View Post

know him?

threw his name in facebook and first one that comes up is a guy from Burnaby with his Nissan in 100 photos all modded out...

cardude3...just throw a fucking brick through his winshield lol
Old 06-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #24

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
know him?

threw his name in facebook and first one that comes up is a guy from Burnaby with his Nissan in 100 photos all modded out...

cardude3...just throw a fucking brick through his winshield lol

Also, Just saiyan that. LEDs, Black Housings, clear lenses, or HIDs would not set you back $1100.

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #25
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,440 Times in 4,281 Posts
I should throw it out there that OP's name is a little ironic considering he paid some guys to "mod" his car for him haha

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread