REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 06-19-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
JLC
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Issues with my PC - Any Techies able to help?

Hey All,

I am having an issue with my PC and I am hoping some more computer literate people can provide some insight.

I turn my computer on, and it runs fine…no issues no nothing.
I step away for a few hours, come back and the computer is in sleep/hibernation mode.
I move the mouse to wake it back up, and when I do this, I hear the fan’s kick up again (really loudly though) and it just keeps going really loud. My screen stays black though and nothing happens on the screen. All the happens is that the fans start running again in high gear and keep running REALLY loud forever or until I turn the computer back off. I then have to do a hard restart (hold the power button down to kill it) and the turn it back on.
And after I restart it this way, it reboots back to exactly where I left off earlier (all the same windows and apps are still open).

Not sure whats going on or if this is a sign that my computer is going to fry soon.

Thanks in advance guys!
Advertisement
JLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #2
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

The easiest thing to do is workaround the problem by turning off "sleep" in power management. Sleep problems are common. If you try to fix the cause, you will be spending a lot of time tinkering.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
JLC
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply.
Never came across sleep issues before.
This just started last week and i havnt changed a thing with the way i use this PC for the last 6 years (yeah its a bit old).

I really only use this PC to watch shows, surf the internet and also use it as central media server to stream shows to my PS3/TV's around the house.

It might also be helpful to know that i rarely turn my computer off. I do a hard reset once every week or so...but other than that, i leave it running all the time and just let it go to sleep when its been inactive for a couple hours
JLC is offline   Reply With Quote