REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   maple ridge (https://www.revscene.net/forums/685476-maple-ridge.html)

stewie 06-21-2013 08:49 AM

maple ridge

been a Burnaby boy all my life, luckily for me, my girlfriend has been living in Burnaby for the past year now. however, starting on the 1st, she'll be moving back in with her mom in maple ridge so she can save up and go back to school again.

its not often i go to the ridge...or her...just for dinner at her moms house.

since im not allowed to drive, ill be spending weekends out at her moms house cause that's the only time i'll really be able to see the gf...so, what kinda things are there to do in maple ridge on a Friday/Saturday day/night, bars(not roosters)? pool halls? anything worth doing?? beaches, hiking trails, restaurants worth going to, etc...any recommendations?

thanks!

mos_skeeto 06-21-2013 08:57 AM

make friends with people wearing leather jackets and driving bikes :)

stewie 06-21-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mos_skeeto (Post 8265332)
make friends with people wearing leather jackets and driving bikes :)

doesn't help if I cant ride my bike right now lol

Jgresch 06-21-2013 09:40 AM

Hang out with me and jpark!

Jgresch 06-21-2013 09:45 AM

But seriously so sick of that place...

Depends what kind of bars you're into... There's the haney which is like 19-20 year olds. Shooters is an older crowd, usually live music. Theres a bunch of little pubs scattered everywhere.

There's alouette lake, and gold creek beyond that. Whonnock or Hayward lake are nice too. As for hiking you could go to golden ears. There's lots of golf courses if you're into golf. Bowling alley that's open late and serves alc.

Not many super great restaurants. You could check out Kind fishers which is right on the water. There are a ton of sushi places. Most of them are half decent.

How old are you and your gf if you don't mind me asking?

stewie 06-21-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jgresch (Post 8265360)
But seriously so sick of that place...

Depends what kind of bars you're into... There's the haney which is like 19-20 year olds. Shooters is an older crowd, usually live music. Theres a bunch of little pubs scattered everywhere.

There's alouette lake, and gold creek beyond that. Whonnock or Hayward lake are nice too. As for hiking you could go to golden ears. There's lots of golf courses if you're into golf. Bowling alley that's open late and serves alc.

Not many super great restaurants. You could check out Kind fishers which is right on the water. There are a ton of sushi places. Most of them are half decent.

How old are you and your gf if you don't mind me asking?

were mid 20's

her mom lives in the 240ish area. were going fishing at alouette tomorrow. I go tto stave and Hayward a bit here and there for 4x4'ing. but that's about it :s

StylinRed 06-21-2013 11:22 AM

Nothing to do out here you could go up to alouette though and the hot rocks walk around the dykes etc but they all require a bit of a drive especially from the 240th area

Just stay in ;)

stewie 06-21-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 8265425)
Nothing to do out here you could go up to alouette though and the hot rocks walk around the dykes etc but they all require a bit of a drive especially from the 240th area

Just stay in ;)

im pretty sure the drive will be worth it lol.

gf and her mom work at the same place, they bash heads every now and then since they're both stubborn. when its the weekend, the last thing my gf will want to do is hang around the house. she likes to get out and do things...fishing, hiking, camping, shooting, basically any activity lol

Jgresch 06-21-2013 11:42 AM

theres a couple paintballing places lol.

jpark 06-21-2013 01:56 PM

rave

Jgresch 06-21-2013 02:20 PM

Too Soon?

sdubfid 06-21-2013 06:37 PM

-I don't know if hackers haven is still around but its a pitch and putt
-rent some horses
-pitt lake you can probably rent a canoe and paddle across to the forestry campsite and do a little hike
-not sure if its open anymore but they had tours of the stave dam

stewie 06-21-2013 08:19 PM

Horses would be fun

I've got my own boat so I would def be using it more now.

Pitch n putt could be fun...I hate mini golf...but I'm willing to give this a try :)
Posted via RS Mobile