REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-22-2015, 12:33 PM   #101
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts

Mattresses are soooooo mainstream
Advertisement
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 12:38 PM   #102
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Backroom Casting Hammock?
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-23-2015, 06:30 AM   #103
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,647 Times in 2,303 Posts
whats a good mattress to fuck on?
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:29 PM   #104
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Need to get a new matress. The one I am using is too soft and my back is sore everynight. Budget is $1000 for a double. Any good suggestions? The harder the better. I was thinking the brand seahorse since their matress is known to be hard but not sure if they are within my budget.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 02:19 PM   #105
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Is your mattress actually too soft, or is it just not giving any support because the springs are done?

$1000 will get you a sweet mattress on sale.

Since getting a new mattress, sleep is one of my favorite things to do.
Old 04-14-2015, 02:35 PM   #106
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
Is your mattress actually too soft, or is it just not giving any support because the springs are done?

$1000 will get you a sweet mattress on sale.

Since getting a new mattress, sleep is one of my favorite things to do.
I think the mattress is too soft to begin with. Plus I been using it for almost 10 years. I just need a mattress don't even need the bed frame.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:00 PM   #107
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Definitely go try lying down on some mattresses. We got our Kingsdown euro-top queen mattress for under $900 incl. delivery, taxes, and removal. It's firm, but has a plushy pillow top.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:26 PM   #108
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Definitely lie down on them. If you haven't been on a Seahorse, it's pretty hard. I personally can't sleep on it because I'm a side-sleeper, but it's something that you probably have to try for yourself before buying.

I'm not sure if it's all hype, but given your budget Happy have you checked out a Casper bed? Seems to check all the boxes of what I'm looking for in a mattress, but I'm just waiting for a few months before buying it.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 03:37 PM   #109
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
I think the mattress is too soft to begin with. Plus I been using it for almost 10 years. I just need a mattress don't even need the bed frame.
+1 for seahorse
if its too hard they have this top layer thing you can add ontop to make it a bit softer. go to their store n test it out should be able to pick one up for less than 1g
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 03:57 PM   #110
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
If you're ever in Victoria you can probably find one on the side of the road

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2015, 10:53 AM   #111

Got my new mattress yesterday. Well worth the money. Is hard like really hard but just after a night on it my back actually feels a lot better.

For the past couple of months I would feel my back in pain around 4 to 5am and won't be able go to back sleep. When I got to work my lower back would hurt so much every morning I have to stretch a bit first.

Last night was the first night I sleep till 7am. Back doesn't feel painful at all. Yes the mattress is super hard.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:14 AM   #112
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Relevant Imgur post:
How To Buy A Mattress Part Two How Much Should I Spend - Album on Imgur

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:27 AM   #113
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
I sell Sealy mattresses and Restwell mattresses. Restwell is a BC company. Basically there are 3 types of mattresses. Pocket coil, continuous coil, and memory foam. iComfort memory foam are pretty nice but I just cant wrap my head around why someone would spend 3k on a queen size mattress. The Sealy pocket coil mattresses have extra coils across the mid section of the bed for added torso support. Lots of companies claim to have "more coils than the competitor" but if you have 2/3 of your coils where you don't need them ie. under your head and feet, then they aren't really doing you any good. I won't speak to the markup on costs because I'm not allowed but save to say if you pay asking price your paying to much. You can easily get a couple hundred dollars off any decent queen size mattress.
Pocket coils - individually wrapped coils that offer great support and reduced motion transfer between partners on the bed. Higher coil count generally better but not the end all be all. Coil size, shape, and design also plays a role.
Continuous coils - coils are linked across the top by supporting strands of metal. Decent comfort but a more "bouncy" bed and motion transfer is felt quite easily. Mid range mattresses usually have this system.
Memory Foam - Layers of high density foams, gels and such. Usually the more layers the better, some have "cool gel" that wicks away body heat and stores it to return later when you've cooled after sleeping. Finicky beds and you either love them or hate them.

Sealy offers a "sleep satisfaction" guarantee that allows you swap your mattress for another of the same line free of charge between 30-90 days after purchase. Meaning you have to sleep on the mattress for 30 days and then if you don't like it you can swap for a different one (Firm to plush or plush to firm)

Hoped this helps someone in the future.

Berz out.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:39 AM   #114
Rs has made me the man i am today!

My aunt bought a queen size Searta Westminster granite model from sleep country
$1300 otd with a queen size duck down duvet and delivery included
-"--"-
Doubl3_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 01:20 PM   #115
Ricer Mod

Model names mean nothing as each business brands the sealy mattresses however they want. For instance ours are called the Sherway, Windflower, and Cascade. Previously they were the Larkhaven, Leopold. That's why it's hard to shop and compare because unless you know what the mattress specs are you really can't tell the differences.

Berz out.
Old 04-18-2015, 02:20 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Model names mean nothing as each business brands the sealy mattresses however they want. For instance ours are called the Sherway, Windflower, and Cascade. Previously they were the Larkhaven, Leopold. That's why it's hard to shop and compare because unless you know what the mattress specs are you really can't tell the differences.

Berz out.
They do this on electronics too. It could be same specs TV from Bust Buy and London drugs but the model number might change.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:33 AM   #117
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 6,535 Times in 1,154 Posts
I bought my king size pocket coil mattress last year from a liquidator for around $500-$600. Its quite comfy and we have room for so much activities!
artofstance on twitter
Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photographers Enthusiasts
--------------------------------------------
2018 Volkswagen Golf R
1999 Mazda Miata *sold*
2005 Mazda 3 *sold*
2002 Volvo S40 *RIP*
1989 Volvo 740 *RIP*
Matsuda is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-21-2015, 09:53 PM   #118
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Screw springs and foam, get a futon:

https://craneandturtle.com/
db2 #51 - garage queen/summer daily
golf mk3 - 2016 winter beater [sold]
ae92 - 2017 spring beater
Cillu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:54 PM   #119
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Edit: double post
db2 #51 - garage queen/summer daily
golf mk3 - 2016 winter beater [sold]
ae92 - 2017 spring beater

Last edited by Cillu; 04-21-2015 at 09:54 PM. Reason: double post
Cillu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:58 PM   #120
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post

Berz out.
Believe i posted this same thing on some of the first pages, makes it virtually impossible to price match.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:18 PM   #121
Ricer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Believe i posted this same thing on some of the first pages, makes it virtually impossible to price match.
That's exactly why they do it. Stops people sitting and calling around haggling for the best deal.

Berz out.
Old 10-28-2017, 07:23 PM   #122
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,733 Times in 696 Posts
We just got a Silk and Snow memory foam mattress and it's really good. It's on the firmer side, which we like, but it still conforms to your body quite well.

We came from a Sterns and Foster Plush Pillowtop mattress, which was a pretty good mattress when we got it, they don't make Sterns and Foster anymore though. While, I love that mattress and it still is in good condition it was only a full, we needed a King.

I would highly recommend the Silk and Snow/mattresses in a box. The silk and snow supposedly is better because silver is woven inbetween the fibers so it's more antibacteria and it's cooler than other memory foam.

I'm not sure if I buy the "tech", but it does sleep cool, no smell, and overall, it feels great.

Plus there's a 100 day sleep guarantee. Our backs hurt for the first three days using it though, it is firmer than our old mattress, but now after two weeks, we both really like the mattress.

I would consider the mattress in a box, It seems to work for us. That being said, costco has the novafoam mattress for like half the price, we should have gotten that first to try as we might have liked that one and could have saved $500. I wanted to buy the costco novafoam to try it, but he wife said, HELL NO. She likes this one and doesn't want to deal with the hassle of the returns. Sigh, so now I just think about having the costco novafoam and saving $500 haha.

I know all memory foam isn't the same, but I think the novafoam mattress would have been comparable. Oh well. We're both happy with our sleep right now. I definitely prefer the memory foam feel to the pocketcoil.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 08:51 PM   #123
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Curious how those foam mattress are for disturbances between partners? My GF and I are at times restless and disturb each other pretty often. Any transfer of motion with these bad boys?

I think my old Costco mattress is worn out.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:13 AM   #124
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,511 Times in 4,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
whats a good mattress to fuck on?
A waterbed, man. I mean, time it right and whoa baby..........waves on your side.

And, size does matter. Go for California King Size, LOL. Smaller sizes not so good.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 02:03 AM   #125
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
Curious how those foam mattress are for disturbances between partners? My GF and I are at times restless and disturb each other pretty often. Any transfer of motion with these bad boys?

I think my old Costco mattress is worn out.
I'm curious to know as well. Gf usually sleeps earlier than me, so I always feel bad if I get into bed and wake her.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote