REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #276
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
that's not really news is it... ? a buyout was always an option, not like it suddenly came up today..
Advertisement
Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2013, 05:42 PM   #277
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
where exactly do these guys get their information from??
And why would anyone in the canucks organization give such info that will shoot themselves in the foot?

Posted via RS Mobile
Old 06-28-2013, 05:44 PM   #278
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
lol @ Josh Rimer. Dude is a youtube comedian. Great source. thefuckouttahere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Old 06-28-2013, 05:44 PM   #279
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
Stupid reporters trying to get publicity...

"This just in, Canucks are going to weigh all their options with Luongo. Heard it here first."
Old 06-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #280
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianhay View Post
Looks like GMMG really dropped the ball on this one, tough pill to swallow if we get absolutely nothing for him.
So Josh Rimer tweeted common knowledge?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 06-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #281
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
Maybe a DP for Luongo and with some assets coming back this way.
DP could mean DiPietro, or double penetration. Either way, we're getting eff'd in the A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Not the best player now but he was back in the day and I'm happy for him!!
Marty B for commissioner of the NHL!!!

srsly though, as far as goalies are concerned, he is/ was the best. Not just in stats, but in his overall style of play. He's one of the last of a breed, and a huge part of the reason that the butterfly isn't dominating all forms of hockey.

well done Brodeur!
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #282
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
hes #2 right behind Roy
Old 06-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #283
My homepage has been set to RS

Well, up to this point it's been speculation that a buyout is an option and GMMG has denied it. This is the first time I've actually heard of the Canucks discussing it as a viable option. And Josh Rimer usually tweets out pretty reliable info, don't shoot the messenger!
Old 06-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #284
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
^ I still want to know in general, how do reporters get sources like this?
Who leaks info out like this? Cause it would be stupid if it was Gillis spilling the beans and digging his own grave.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 06-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #285
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
i was thinking to myself, it's akin to how we always trade with florida then a reporter suddenly tweets "BREAKING NEWS CANUCKS CAN TRADE WITH 28 OTHER TEAMS! WOW!"

not trying to pick on you kristian, just saying reporters are desperate to report something and fans are equally (if not more) desperate to hear something, ANYTHING pertaining to the canucks.
Spoiler!
Old 06-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #286
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
Makes me sad how the Canucks are treating Luongo

Canucks sure know how to chew up superstars players No wonder none of them wants to play here
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2013, 08:53 PM   #287

Stop picking on me, guys

Really though, I wonder that too. My guess is there just texting/talking to other people in the industry looking for scoops all day.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #288
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianhay View Post
Stop picking on me, guys

Really though, I wonder that too. My guess is there just texting/talking to other people in the industry looking for scoops all day.
We just don't need people saying the most obvious things and making it seem like some kind of new revelation. Until something actually happens, speculation is just wasted space.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 06-29-2013, 02:34 AM   #289
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
lol no thanks to DP buy out rather canucks buy out Luongo or have him claimed.

unless your talking about ciziska or okposo coming back
Old 06-29-2013, 05:17 AM   #290
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 19m
It's getting interesting. 2 sources say Corey Schneider is in play. 1st and a prospect part of asking price. Suspect Oilers in on talks.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 16m
Schneider news might simply be a back-up plan (no pun intended)...if they're unable to move Luongo. Check what other asset is worth.

Goaltending musical chairs. Such a gong show.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2013, 05:48 AM   #291
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
If it really is a backup plan if they can't get anything for Lu, get ready to say goodbye to Schneider. Because they aren't getting anything for Lu.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:26 AM   #292
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
The next day is going to be so exciting!!
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 06-29-2013, 06:43 AM   #293

Thanked 2,751 Times in 700 Posts
Might be a repost.

Decent remix of umbrella.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:36 AM   #294
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
It's getting interesting. 2 sources say Corey Schneider is in play. 1st and a prospect part of asking price. Suspect Oilers in on talks.

Schneider news might simply be a back-up plan (no pun intended)...if they're unable to move Luongo. Check what other asset is worth.

Goaltending musical chairs. Such a gong show.
Quote:
It’s always been the ace up their sleeve, but the Vancouver Canucks have never wanted to play that card.

In attempting to trade Roberto Luongo and his mammoth contract — the nine years and $40.5 million US remaining on his 12-year pact pays $6.7 million the next five seasons and has a salary cap hit of $5.3 million — general manager Mike Gillis continues to talk to four or five teams about moving the 34-year-old stopper. Those talks haven’t produced much because he’s reportedly considering what the market might be for Cory Schneider. It could a matter of kicking the tires, but if nothing comes to fruition with moving Luongo here at the NHL draft — league’s new trade deadline — then the reality of keeping Luongo and trading Schneider has to be at least broached.

The Edmonton Oilers would have rumoured interest in Schneider and the possible return of a first-round pick and a prospect is more than the Canucks are going to get for Luongo. The Oilers own the seventh-overall selection in the 2013 draft on Sunday in Newark, N.J. They have Devan Dubnyk under contract for one more season at $3.5 million and Nikolai Khabibulin is an unrestricted free agent. If Schneider is moved, the Canucks would have Luongo, Eddie Lack, Joacim Eriksson and Joe Cannata in their stable of goaltenders. Although confident in his stoppers, Gillis may add to that group with seven rated in the first two rounds of this draft. The Canucks pick 24th, but surrendered their second-round pick and Kevin Connauton in the Derek Roy trade-deadline acquisition.

At the trade deadline, the Canucks wanted two second-round picks and back-up goalie Ben Scrivens from Toronto but the Maple Leafs wouldn’t budge. Two years ago, there was considerable interest in Schneider from the Tampa Bay Lightning and Columbus Blue Jackets. With the league’s cap ceiling now $64.3 million, Schneider has two years left on his contract at an attractive $4 million salary cap hit. More importantly, at age 27, he would be attractive to pair with a stopper now or be the starter after going 17-9-4 in the shortened regular season before sustaining a groin strain April 22 in a 3-1 win over the Chicago Blackhawks. With Luongo losing the first two games of the Western Conference quarterfinal series against the San Jose Sharks, Schneider laboured and was yanked in Game 3 after allowing five goals on 28 shots. He responded with a 43-save performance in a 4-3 loss in Game 4 as the Canucks were easily swept aside.

Schneider was 0-2-1 in the series with a 4.62 goals-against average and .880 saves percentage. In the regular season, he was eighth in GAA (2.11) and fourth in saves percentage (.927). Luongo went 0-2-1 in in playoffs with a 2.57 GAA and .915 saves percentage after posting a 2.56 GAA (25th) and .907 saves percentage (31st) in the regular season. Earlier this week, Gillis was somewhat confident that Luongo could be moved as opposed to waivers or a costly compliance buyout option.

“I remain optimistic,” he said. “We’ve been talking to teams like we have for a long time. At the draft, I’m not sure what’s going to happen but we will continue to have discussions with a group of teams and we’ll see how it works out. In this business, you have to be absolutely firm in what you want to do. And that’s what we’ve done.

“There are a lot of moving parts in a Roberto Luongo deal which lots of people want to ignore. He does have a no-trade clause and a contract perfectly legal and ratified by the league at the time. We have to be patient enough to sort through it.”

Gillis will address the media on Saturday afternoon.

Read more: Luongo watch: Canucks reportedly considering playing Schneider trade card

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 06-29-2013, 08:40 AM   #295

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post

Would Eberle straight up for Schneider.

Makes me laugh a bit Dreger reports this now....when we Revscene guys have been saying "if Luongo can't be moved; I wouldn't mind Schneider getting traded for assets. He can probably get a better return than Lu" ....FOR A YEAR NOW

inb4 i become a tsn analyst
i can confirm i am darren dreger
Old 06-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #296
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Would Eberle straight up for Schneider
I talked to my buddy whose a big time oilers fan and he said he'd give up eberle for cs. to bad he isnt the gm of the oilers
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2013, 09:32 AM   #297
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
I love this team...

but its starting to look like Gillis is crumbling and I have a feeling tomorrow isn't going to be great for Canucks fans.

If rumors are true and EDM is the trading partner for Schneider...he better be asking MORE than 1st+prospect simply because trading to an up and coming team within our own division isn't ideal.

I can just picture it now, nucks trade schnoo away, suck next season, Luongo will get moved for nothing and we go through 4-5 seasons without the post season
Old 06-29-2013, 09:37 AM   #298

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
If rumors are true and EDM is the trading partner for Schneider...he better be asking MORE than 1st+prospect simply because trading to an up and coming team within our own division isn't ideal.

I can just picture it now, nucks trade schnoo away, suck next season, Luongo will get moved for nothing and we go through 4-5 seasons without the post season
I'm pretty sure other teams are interested/calling about Schneider...not just the Oilers.

Gillis is obviously gonna ask for more than that. 1st+prospect SHOULD BE part of a package and I'm guessing a roster player is included as well.

And no worries we have Eddie Lack to save the day
Old 06-29-2013, 09:42 AM   #299
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
It's okay.... we have Cannata and Eriksson....

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /