REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #7776
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,647 Times in 2,303 Posts
Christmas Card, 2014
Advertisement
Old 12-18-2013, 10:37 AM   #7777
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
The tape and the tinted visor holds very true

haha
Steps 18 and 19 are killing me dead
Old 12-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #7778
I bringith the lowerballerith

mike smith
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #7779
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
For how big mike smith is he sure is a little bitch
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #7780
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Imagine a ref called a diving penalty on a goalie...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 12-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #7781
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
Sorry but there's no evidence of that, quite the contrary actually. The core spoke highly of AV after his dismissal and denied any "losing the room" rumours.
Maybe if AV went to the room, he wouldn't lose it? As below, when the coach can't motivate the team, he's not doing his job. Call it losing the room, ineffective coaching, whatever. AV's style clearly was not working, the players were not responding. What we DO know from the players is that AV trusted his core/veteran guys, to sort out their problems on their own. So now you have the players coaching themselves trying to get out of a funk, which isn't working because the play on ice is still mediocre at best. The players have tried to coach themselves out of the slump, not working, what options do they have left? The coach clearly doesn't seem to be offering up any answers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
AV couldn't motivate the team anymore, since the Canucks were guaranteed a playoff spot in the next 2 years. As a coach, you lose a room at that point when everything you're trying to do to motivate the team is not working. Same thing happened to Torts in NY. No one wanted to go through a wall for him, and it showed on the ice.

Edit: I also wanted to add that I'm very pro-AV. He's the most successful coach in Canucks history. Those people who say that Quinn is the greatest coach in Canucks history are on something. AV was able to show a way of coaching unseen here in Vancouver, all while able to keep a very level-headed approach with the media. His ability to transform the team from what it was when he joined in 06 to quite possibly one of the most exciting teams in recent NHL history in 2011 playing the way they did (with mostly the same core players) was superior to any coach in Canucks history. That said, he has his warts (i.e. sitting young players longer than they needed to, and calling out Hodgson in public) and his time here with the team ran out. They needed a new voice to inspire them. Sad really given they're grown-ass men. But that's the reality of pro sports.
I can acknowledge AV for some of the innovations he brought forth, especially with player deployment, he's a good coach I'll give him that. That's probably as far as I'll go though, and I've been against AV for quite some time. When the Canucks had a top powerplay, that was Bowness' baby and not on AV. I get the even-keel approach he preaches, but its also hard to drum up intensity and an extra kick in the seat of the pants. It was almost like AV was the one to promote that sense of apathy during the regular season, and the boys weren't able to snap into it during the playoffs when it actually mattered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGCStrike View Post

mike smith
I'm surprised his gloves didn't fly off and his mask didn't eject itself lol
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #7782

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPMarko View Post
notsureifsrs.. if you are please dont enter this thread again, writer of that is an idiot
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #7783
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
I hope that Mike Smith doesn't make the Olympic roster for the sole fact that he's a fucking idiot.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #7784
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaz View Post
notsureifsrs.. if you are please dont enter this thread again, writer of that is an idiot
Posted via RS Mobile
because you're one of those said fans?
Old 12-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #7785

the guy is judging fans for not cheering the same way he does. he has no knowledge of the peoples life he is complaining about, if i lived over an hour commute away i might miss the last 3 mins to avoid 20min traffic jam outside the arena. he has no understanding of who the attendance is made up of, seems you dont either.
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by dbaz; 12-18-2013 at 04:03 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #7786
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizzle_996 View Post
I hope that Mike Smith doesn't make the Olympic roster for the sole fact that he's a fucking idiot.
Posted via RS Mobile
Well... Considering he just got shot, he'll be away recovering in the hospital for a while.

Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #7787
My homepage has been set to RS

not sure if mike smith got shot? Or just being the bitch he is!
Old 12-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #7788
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,233 Times in 266 Posts
has anyone here tried or used Hockeystreams? I have Gamecenter Live and i'm fed up with it the blackouts (I use a VPN but I pay for that on top of GCL) it's getting pretty expensive.

I can only get a max of 3000 kpbs through GCL some people say they can get 4500 but on mine or friends internet connections it is never available on my Xbox is quality just awful and I am fairly confident it is not my internet I can stream other live stuff in HD without problems, The customer support isn't any help either.

Hockeystreams is only 17.99 a month it is also 60 FPS opposed to GCL's 30 no blackouts therefore not having to pay for a VPN, covers WHL, AHL, NHL playoffs, draft coverage and more apparently so why not?
Old 12-18-2013, 06:48 PM   #7789
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
this rangers pitts game...dayumm

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #7790

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitLuder View Post
this rangers pitts game...dayumm
Hoping Lundqvist not injured NYR playing bad enough as is and without him would be terrible he hasn't been as good as he was in the past but the team in front of him hasn't been playing well either hoping he can bounce back and drag NYR to playoffs
Old 12-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #7791
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts

Makes last nights hits look amateur... but props to the kid who got up..although I dont think he should have
Old 12-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #7792
My homepage has been set to RS

lol pulls a marchand after a big hit

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #7793
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
Brendan Leipsic Dangerous Charge on Keegan Kolesar (12/14/13) - YouTube

Makes last nights hits look amateur... but props to the kid who got up..although I dont think he should have
keep your head up skating through the middle. I don't see much of a charge personally, he had the kid lined up and glided in for quite a bit before contact was made

Last night's hit was a charge and board and hit from behind all in one, not even in the same league IMO. This kid did get steamrolled though
Old 12-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #7794
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
lol pulls a marchand after a big hit
lol, what a little bitch. Should pull a James Neal and knee him in the head if he ducks down.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 12-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #7795

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
keep your head up skating through the middle. I don't see much of a charge personally, he had the kid lined up and glided in for quite a bit before contact was made

Last night's hit was a charge and board and hit from behind all in one, not even in the same league IMO. This kid did get steamrolled though
Leipsic got 7 games for that hit.

Y! SPORTS
Old 12-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #7796
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

LOL fucking #18
so embarassing when that happens
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #7797
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicrick View Post
has anyone here tried or used Hockeystreams? I have Gamecenter Live and i'm fed up with it the blackouts (I use a VPN but I pay for that on top of GCL) it's getting pretty expensive.

I can only get a max of 3000 kpbs through GCL some people say they can get 4500 but on mine or friends internet connections it is never available on my Xbox is quality just awful and I am fairly confident it is not my internet I can stream other live stuff in HD without problems, The customer support isn't any help either.

Hockeystreams is only 17.99 a month it is also 60 FPS opposed to GCL's 30 no blackouts therefore not having to pay for a VPN, covers WHL, AHL, NHL playoffs, draft coverage and more apparently so why not?
I have used hockeystreams for 2 years now and I am very satisfied, never had an issue, no bullshit blackout, the max stream however is only 3200 on hockeystreams not 4500 that GLC has but I'll take that anyday over GLC's horseshit blackouts and awkward ass intermission of complete silence. Occasionally they will also stream PPV events (ufc, boxing, etc).
Old 12-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #7798
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaz View Post
the guy is judging fans for not cheering the same way he does. he has no knowledge of the peoples life he is complaining about, if i lived over an hour commute away i might miss the last 3 mins to avoid 20min traffic jam outside the arena. he has no understanding of who the attendance is made up of, seems you dont either.
Posted via RS Mobile
I've always disagreed with the notion that to be a real fan you have to scream your lungs out. I realize I'm in the minority because I always see people complaining that the arena is so quiet etc, like me personally I'm a pretty quiet guy and when I go to the game I actually really want to follow the action and try to see plays develop so I just sit there in silence lol for the most part. Then of course there will be the group of guys screaming all game and screaming at every penalty call but they literally have no idea what happened, does that really make them the real "fan"?
Old 12-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #7799

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeDrink View Post
I have used hockeystreams for 2 years now and I am very satisfied, never had an issue, no bullshit blackout, the max stream however is only 3200 on hockeystreams not 4500 that GLC has but I'll take that anyday over GLC's horseshit blackouts and awkward ass intermission of complete silence. Occasionally they will also stream PPV events (ufc, boxing, etc).
Next month I think ill give Hockeystreams a try still another 200 kbps higher than I can get on GCL idk how some people get 4500 I don't even have the option.
I was about to cancel my GCL subscription this morning than saw that today was the monthly auto withdraw not gonna pay for both at the same time
Old 12-19-2013, 02:06 PM   #7800

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Tom Wilson will not face disciplinary action Video - NHL VideoCenter

No suspension for Wilson, Toronto media will have lots of sand in their vaginas today about that. Most of them were saying at least 6 games. I don't know how a guy who played 4 years in the Dub doesn't react better to the oncoming check.
Closed Thread