REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #851
Rs has made me the man i am today!

RENZY WATCH: WEDNESDAY'S FREE AGENT RUMOURS FROM THE NHL

Quote:
With the NHL's free agency period just days away from opening, teams are making decisions on how to build their rosters for next season. Check out today's rumours and speculation from around the NHL beat, and follow TSN.ca each day until July 5 for all the updates.

Be sure to tune in to TSN2 and visit TSN.ca on July 5 for Free Agent Frenzy, starting at Noon et/9am pt.

Something Bruin

For Ottawa's hockey fans it is downright unfathomable to consider Daniel Alfredsson wearing any other jersey than the Senators', but Boston Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli isn't letting that get in the way of trying to make it a reality.

TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN reported today that Chiarelli – a former Senators executive himself – reached out to Alfredsson's camp and spoke with them “at great length” in hopes of luring the pending agent to Boston for the coming season.

Chiarelli was believed to be interested in acquiring Alfredsson at the 2013 NHL Trade Deadline, but the Senators – still in the playoff hunt at the time – did not opt to move their franchise face.

The 2012-13 season marked the final one for the 40-year-old Alfredsson on a four-year deal he signed prior to 2009-10 worth an annual average value of $4.875 million. His 2012-13 salary was $1 million.

Danny Boy

With Vincent Lecavalier off the market, some of the focus will now be on unrestricted free agent Daniel Briere.

The Canadiens, having lost out on Lecavalier, made contact with Briere's camp Tuesday night, a source confirmed to Pierre LeBrun. Sources also indicated that the New Jersey Devils, New York Islanders and Nashville Predators are among the teams to show solid interest in Briere and have already spoken to the Briere camp, which is led by agent Pat Brisson. Other teams were expected to contact Briere's camp Tuesday night and Wednesday.

Jacket Fitting

Columbus Blue Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen is headed into his first free agent season in the NHL and he already knows what he'll be looking for once the bell rings on July 5.

Kekalainen told the Columbus Dispatch that a scoring forward is definitely on his shopping list, but that they're more interested in skill over size.

“If you ask anybody, they'd take a 6-5 guy who scores 30 goals over a 5-8 guy who scores 30 goals,” Kekalainen told Aaron Portzline of the Dispatch. “But me personally, I prefer the small guys who play with big heart to the big guys who are less passionate.”

The biggest names available are blends of size and skill, players like David Clarkson and Nathan Horton. However, if Kekalainen is true to his word it could open the door for the Jackets to grab a talent like Danny Briere, Valtteri Filppula or Clarke MacArthur.

Ring Ring

The open market has lit up the phone lines for Los Angeles Kings defenceman Rob Scuderi.

While the Kings are still very much in the mix, LeBrun confirmed that there remains interest from other teams on the 34-year-old.

Scuderi just completed a four-year, $13.6 million deal he signed with the Kings prior to 2009-10.

Off The Table

As tweeted by TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger on Wednesday, the Canucks' buyout of defenceman Keith Ballard means that Alex Edler is off the market.
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #852
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
The Sedin's don't believe Kassian can make an impact next year but they believe he will be dominant for years to come. Kassian talent is still raw, put him in the minors. We honestly need a big man to protect the Sedin or else they wont be producing during playoffs.

I don't know if Clowe is even worth signing, he most likely get paid 3.5-4mill if he comes here.

NHL

Sedin's - Clowe
booth-kesler-schroeder
higgin-burrows-hansen

Clowe is terrible now, I've watched him for the past 5 years and injuries have taken a huge toll on him. He is too slow to play in a significant role he would be okay for a soft minutes 3rd line role though and still brings that toughness and grit. Definitely going to be disappointed if you want him to produce like a first liner.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #853

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
lol Clowe

brb 3 goals last season

even Kassian had more
Old 07-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #854
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

To be taken with a grain of salt:

@DavePrattNW980
Talked to @RealBillWatters today, who asserted that former #Canucks goalie Cory Schneider REQUESTED trade out of Vancouver.

.@RealBillWatters says the reason for Schneider's trade request is "off-ice issues". Speculate what you will...

Bill Watters ‏@RealBillWatters:

Schneider 's exit from Vancouver was precipitated by off ice issues,rather than goaltending and financial as outlined in Gillis'rationale.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #855
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Schneider's gf related
Old 07-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #856

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Schneider's gf related
Hate to speculate, but I also heard a rumour that Schneider wasn't injured during the first round of the playoffs. It was to due to off ice issues. His fiance lost her best friend during Boston bombing. Again, not fair to throw that out there, but I too heard that rumour.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #857

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Don't care about Schneider anymore...

we're more interested in Subban's potential and upcoming WJC with boho and shakuruk
Old 07-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #858
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Imagine the owners paying off these guys to write rumors down to make them look better. EEE

/cic
Old 07-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #859
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS View Post
Hate to speculate, but I also heard a rumour that Schneider wasn't injured during the first round of the playoffs. It was to due to off ice issues. His fiance lost her best friend during Boston bombing. Again, not fair to throw that out there, but I too heard that rumour.
Well. I was giving the benefit of the doubt Schneider was playing through a minor injury.
Otherwise, if he was healthy, it really says something with that mediocre playoff performance of his.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 07-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #860
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
Imagine the owners paying off these guys to write rumors down to make them look better. EEE

/cic
I highly doubt it but if they wanted to start rumors they wouldn't have to pay anyone shit they just have to say something to one person and it will be born, media lives for the story

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 07-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #861
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
Well, Schneider moving to NJ makes him closer to his hometown, Boston.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 07-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #862

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Well. I was giving the benefit of the doubt Schneider was playing through a minor injury.
Otherwise, if he was healthy, it really says something with that mediocre playoff performance of his.
It's pure speculation at this point and Bill Waters is a scumbag Toronto reporter.

Makes you think though. Why did AV go back to Cory in game three after Luongo gave such a great performance in game 2? They went to OT because of Luongo. Cory came back and was lit up.

BORgZS9CcAA4j4W.jpg
Old 07-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #863
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Tomorrow these morons are gonna tweet, "Schneider had a a terrible attitude and his father asked for a trade", stirring shit up as usual on a slow day

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #864
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:

@DavePrattNW980
Talked to @RealBillWatters today, who asserted that former #Canucks goalie Cory Schneider REQUESTED trade out of Vancouver.

.@RealBillWatters says the reason for Schneider's trade request is "off-ice issues". Speculate what you will...

Schneider 's exit from Vancouver was precipitated by off ice issues,rather than goaltending and financial as outlined in Gillis'rationale.
yeah....no
Old 07-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #865

Slow news day...
Old 07-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #866
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
Pratt will litterally suck a cock to get his name out there at this point, his quotes and tweets are stretching so hard for any sort of content it's pathetic
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #867
My homepage has been set to RS

Pratt is such an idiot. Ditto with Bill Watters.

Quote:
Dave Pratt ‏@DavePrattNW980 38m
For the record, both #Canucks front office and Schneider's agent Mike Liut denied that there was any trade request.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #868
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
I wonder what Pratt was making at the team and how much he's been making since he got canned.

He seems like the average overweight sports fan who managed to get in a position where people could hear his voice.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #869
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,574 Times in 4,294 Posts
Jerret Stoll rushed to the hospital after suffering a seizure today...
Old 07-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #870
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Predictions on who we'll pick up for FA?
Old 07-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #871

Thanked 7,150 Times in 2,395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Jerret Stoll rushed to the hospital after suffering a seizure today...
hope it's nothing serious or long-term...
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
Old 07-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #872
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,574 Times in 4,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
hope it's nothing serious or long-term...
Just saw an update and it said its nothing serious.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #873
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:

@DavePrattNW980

I heard the same rumor this morning. Watters went into detail with one of my friends. I'd repeat it but I'm guessing most of you can put it together....and I don't think it's true, honestly.

If it is, there isn't any way in hell anyone involved would tell the public the truth.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:06 PM   #874
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
I wonder what Pratt was making at the team and how much he's been making since he got canned.

He seems like the average overweight sports fan who managed to get in a position where people could hear his voice.
Pratt? haha remember him arguing that poker is a sport?
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #875
Work hard, Play Hard - Wiz

Thanked 2,011 Times in 368 Posts
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 31m
Tortorella, Sullivan and Gulutzan will call the shots from the Canucks bench next season. Interesting, Torts added another assistant.
Closed Thread