REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 09:11 AM   #9176
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts

Advertisement

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 01-16-2014, 09:16 AM   #9177
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,318 Times in 647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
^ couple pages back brah..

worth a second look doe
my bad, couldnt stop watching it

Quote:

LOL
Old 01-16-2014, 10:11 AM   #9178
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Well, last nights game got people in my office talking about the canucks this morning.

Too bad it's all just about how much of an embarrassment that was last night.
The interesting thing is that, according to Extra Skater, the Canucks owned possession at 55% and outshot the Ducks up until the 7-minute 5-on-3.

Unfortunately, our goalies couldn't stop a beach ball last night and our skaters couldn't score.

"It doesn't matter if you lose by an inch or a mile, losing's losing"
Old 01-16-2014, 10:53 AM   #9179

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUUUUUUUU View Post
Spoiler!
I was following the puck carrier the whole time, looking for the pass... Didn't realize it was the back checker passing a teammate's stick back!

The guy making the pass barely missed a stride in his skating.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 01-16-2014, 11:18 AM   #9180
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,239 Times in 5,600 Posts
Stats like puck possession and shots are useless without legitimate scoring chances
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-16-2014, 02:29 PM   #9181
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Stats like puck possession and shots are useless without legitimate scoring chances
Posted via RS Mobile
We are firing about 30 shots a night but none of these guys can thread the needle
Old 01-16-2014, 02:50 PM   #9182
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,720 Times in 691 Posts
Quote:
The final quote at the end was hilarious. I lol'd.

I'm pretty interested to see how we play against Phoenix. Hoping we can bounce back. Lord Stanley seems like it's never going to happen...
Old 01-16-2014, 03:10 PM   #9183

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks 1m
"Lack starts. Eriksson backs up. We're going to stay with the same line-up. Lain has joined us, but not likely to play tonight." - Torts
Old 01-16-2014, 03:14 PM   #9184

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
The final quote at the end was hilarious. I lol'd.

I'm pretty interested to see how we play against Phoenix. Hoping we can bounce back. Lord Stanley seems like it's never going to happen...
I just feel bad for people like my dad, who started following the Canucks back in the late 70s. He saw the team get destroyed against NYI, get close against NYR as the underdog, and fail as the favourite against BOS.

It's just too bad that we didn't have the goaltending during the WCE era, and the stars have yet to align properly during the Sedin/Luongo era.

And now that the window of opportunity has seemingly closed, I don't think the Canucks will win the cup within his lifetime. Maybe not even mine.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 01-16-2014, 03:17 PM   #9185
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
I just feel bad for people like my dad, who started following the Canucks back in the late 70s. He saw the team get destroyed against NYI, get close against NYR as the underdog, and fail as the favourite against BOS.

It's just too bad that we didn't have the goaltending during the WCE era, and the stars have yet to align properly during the Sedin/Luongo era.

And now that the window of opportunity has seemingly closed, I don't think the Canucks will win the cup within his lifetime. Maybe not even mine.
This. There are a lot of older Vancouver fans who are still holding out hope. Being 27 myself, the odds say that the Canucks will win a cup sometime in the next 50 years. But those in the 50 and over bracket will be hard-pressed to actually witness the Canucks hoisting the Stanley Cup. It must've made watching 2011 that much more painful for them. Bad feels all around.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:35 PM   #9186
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks 1m
"Lack starts. Eriksson backs up. We're going to stay with the same line-up. Lain has joined us, but not likely to play tonight." - Torts
What about Devorski, will he be on the ice?

If so......

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
Old 01-16-2014, 04:02 PM   #9187

Quote:

Too bad our secondary goal scorer and #1 defense man went down during 2011

This team never builds from the ground up with youth, always trying to make the push into the playoffs with the 8th seed, get knocked out and draft 14 15 16+ overall at the draft... and our scouts sucks.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:39 PM   #9188

Lots of things went wrong in the 2011 finals. Hank and Kes were injured. Hammer tried to give Lucic a piggy-back which went awry, Ehrhoff's shoulder was being kept together with medical tape, Luongo did his best sieve impression at the TD Garden, Raymond broke his back, Rome woke up the entire Bruins by making Horton go night-night, ... , Sedin decided to be a speedbag, and the list goes on and on.

Before we know it, the Canucks will have followed the same illustrious path that the Oilers and Flames walked before them:

A cup final appearance and loss in 7, followed by the mediocrity stemming from holding on the the dream that their team is still a cup contender even after 5 years.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2014, 05:32 PM   #9189
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Old 01-16-2014, 05:33 PM   #9190

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
Fuuuuuu! Two chances to clear the puck and it ends up in our net.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-16-2014, 05:34 PM   #9191

McKenzie just mentioned Weise is gonna be gone, Gillis trying to trade him atm. Also Lebrun mentioned if Colorado trades O'Reilly canucks are apparently the team that is currently most interested in him, and possibly the best trading partner as Colorado wants something around a dman+ back.(Tanev,Corrado,Hutton etc)

- dominoes
Old 01-16-2014, 05:35 PM   #9192

sestito scored more goals than lucic in juniors

NHL

NHL
Old 01-16-2014, 05:55 PM   #9193
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
sestito scored more goals than lucic in juniors

NHL

NHL
lol

He played 3 times as many games as Lucic did in junior. Also WHL > OHL.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:07 PM   #9194
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
I have never analyzed our game so much as off lately (for myself) and man everytime our PP tries something it annoys the shit outta me cus it's so bad inb4 we already know
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-16-2014, 06:12 PM   #9195
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,497 Times in 4,892 Posts
Quote:

Tell me about it. I remember pre NHL team. They were a winning team. That winning spirit never carried on. The thing I remember most about the transition into the NHL was the logo. People made fun of it for years. All the other teams had great logos......... we had a hockey stick in the middle of a fricken rink?

That loss to NYR in game seven was so hard to take. I will forever hate Messier and Keenan.

gawd, I love Linden........

I choke up every time I see the famous, "Heart and Soul" pic of Linden and Kirk McLean. Every Canuck fan who watched that game that night lost something - hard to explain.

That 94 team had so much character. Synergy. It was magical to see it unfold. seventh in the conference, down 3 games to Calgary to come back and gell as a team.

Then to watch this type of shit.............
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2014, 06:13 PM   #9196
KO7
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

WTF Daniel :O
Old 01-16-2014, 06:40 PM   #9197

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
lol

He played 3 times as many games as Lucic did in junior. Also WHL > OHL.
OHL has way more talent than the WHL. There are more former OHL players in the NHL than former WHL and former QMJHL players combined, which tells a great deal especially since the OHL has fewer teams than the WHL.

The WHL has more thugs and obviously the worst travel, which makes it a tougher league for sure.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:40 PM   #9198

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaz View Post
McKenzie just mentioned Weise is gonna be gone, Gillis trying to trade him atm. Also Lebrun mentioned if Colorado trades O'Reilly canucks are apparently the team that is currently most interested in him, and possibly the best trading partner as Colorado wants something around a dman+ back.(Tanev,Corrado,Hutton etc)

- dominoes
O'Reilly would be an amazing addition if the cost was one of Tanev/Corrado/Hutton.

But I question his attitude especially after sitting out last year trying to get paid. I understand he was an RFA, but most RFA accept their qualifying deal and bide their time to being a UFA. He wasn't the same level as Duchene even though in his head he thought he was. The fact he sat out really left a sour taste. And if the Canucks end up getting him, the qualifying offer is 6.5mil next year. $$$$

That said- he's essentially a more skilled Andrew Ladd-type player. And he's only 22. Exactly what the Canucks need.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:51 PM   #9199
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
I wouldn't feel comfortable trading Tanev at the moment. He's like the only defenseman I can really count on right now lol

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 01-16-2014, 06:55 PM   #9200

^But Stanton!

Gotta give up talent to get talent. Tanev may be our best defenceman atm but Corrado (who's a few years younger) has shown signs that he can do the same thing when he gets to Tanev's age/NHL experience. Vancouver is pretty deep on the back end.

I'm actually hoping it's Edler on the way out. But that's pie-in-the-sky, as mentioned previously
Closed Thread