REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 03:24 PM   #10726
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
this thread would be better if people weren't afraid of posting their opinions... probably due to the condescending attitudes and hatred, that has built up over the years, all the trolling, and bullying, shitting on ppl for what they think (perhaps why a lot of regulars dont even bother anymore coupled with disappointment of what has transpired the past 3 seasons)

^to answer the question
trading Edler and Kesler to the same team wouldn't be smart because you wanna maximize your value, which you can with multiple teams, I guess it also depends what kinda mentality the FO has too, straight up rebuild or like an on-the-go etc.
NTC/NMC is just a whole clusterfuck Gillis has to deal with, total head scratcher
please don't encourage any more of shawn's retarded proposals
Advertisement

Last edited by spideyv2; 02-18-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:33 PM   #10727
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
lol ppl ITT are like a bunch of wolves
once one person doesn't a suggestion, everyone else jumps in

but seriously next time I'll provide explanation of why in the initial post so people's jimmies don't get rustled quickly

at least with Franzen you get someone who shows up in the playoffs, his salary goes down each year after next year, cap hit is better than Booth's @4M, great goal scorer when healthy, and no cap penalty if he retires early, no NTC

but yes, injury-prone and streaky at times, sometimes lazy, aging
so its not as TERRIBLE as some suggest, but worth the risk cause Mantha is gonna be a beast, quote me on it

DET also has Tatar, Nyquist, Sheahan, Jurco up for grabs if the deal is right
if the Canucks were to give up that, you expect a lot of younger players in play especially if they're looking to build for the future. Franzen is still a pretty good player, but due to his age, won't be a good deal trade wise

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Old 02-18-2014, 04:58 PM   #10728
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
throw up a suggestion?

if we want a lot of younger players that pretty much means Mantha won't be in the equation, there's no point trading Edler and having to take Franzen's contract if we aren't getting back an A prospect ++ , or a young top 6 winger with huge upside ++

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 02-18-2014, 05:22 PM   #10729
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

i don't think the Canucks will be dealing with Detroit

its really hard to say anything because of all the NTCs

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Old 02-18-2014, 05:25 PM   #10730
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
What are the value for the following top prospect wingers? With Edlers name in the mix.

Yakupov -stubborn oilers wont trade him to the canucks even if we have the pieces to help that franchise
Brendan Gaunce, Alex Edler, Jordan Schroeder, a 1st-round draft pick in 2014 and a 2nd-round draft pick in 2014 .

Kreider - "more than you can afford pal"

Tarasenko -
Silferberg -
Nyquist -
Bennett -
Forsberg-
Old 02-18-2014, 05:35 PM   #10731

My heritage classic tickets came in the mail today... how come it's the ugly grey and white ticketmaster tickets and not the color printed tickets like i see online?
Old 02-18-2014, 06:17 PM   #10732
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
Even if it gives you bunches in return? If you really think about it, Kes is MG's biggest chip that can bring back the most return. Also, he has been injury prone in the past few seasons.

That said, if we're to believe MG it would mean that RK17 would've had to come to MG asking for a trade, and not the other way around.
so you wont get a player as good as Kesler in return, it will definitely NOT be a "hockey trade" if Kesler was involved because you will either get a role player + prospect/young value OR you will get prospect not currently in the NHL + Picks

Weak draft this year outside of the top 2/3 its a crap shoot, so in giving up Kesler for a pick your putting a tonne of hope into a terrible draft system and an questionable farm system for development.

It's tough because players like the Sedins are great for a team because when your "best players" are the most dedicated, best shape, hardest working, it's a great example to bring players up into and teach them how to properly carry themselves as professionals. However, personally, as i've expressed before i think the window to win with the Sedins has closed. Their value in their contracts could bump them to second line players but then are you just grasping at straws again trying to build this 1A line with a turnstile of plugs?

it's obviously time to get younger and push players into roles and give them actual opportunity to develop at the NHL level

Sedins
Kesler + Kassian
Shinkurak/Horvat/Gaunce

imo the team would like much fresher/competetive without the Sedins but for image sake i dont see them getting moved
Old 02-18-2014, 06:43 PM   #10733
Big Drama Show

Would rather trade the Sedins than Kesler, tbh
Old 02-18-2014, 06:44 PM   #10734
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
My heritage classic tickets came in the mail today... how come it's the ugly grey and white ticketmaster tickets and not the color printed tickets like i see online?
Thats what I was thinking too. The generic ticketmaster ones, not the nice ones.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-18-2014, 07:18 PM   #10735
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
so you wont get a player as good as Kesler in return, it will definitely NOT be a "hockey trade" if Kesler was involved because you will either get a role player + prospect/young value OR you will get prospect not currently in the NHL + Picks

it's obviously time to get younger and push players into roles and give them actual opportunity to develop at the NHL level

Sedins
Kesler + Kassian
Shinkurak/Horvat/Gaunce

imo the team would like much fresher/competetive without the Sedins but for image sake i dont see them getting moved
First let's just get it out there- the Sedins are not going anywhere. They're the only 2 players on the team with full 100% no movement/trade clauses. They're deeply rooted in Vancouver (their kids go to school here), and their wives are very involved in the community. They're not going to be traded unless MG/FA hump both their wives at the same time and they kidnap their kids demanding their departure from Vancouver.

Why does the player have to be "as good" as Kesler for it to be a hockey trade? The Kassian trade was a hockey trade, yet he was at least a year behind CoHo in development. But the Canucks believed that his top end would benefit the Canucks in the long run more than CoHo's. I never said I'd trade Kesler for multiple firsts, seconds, etc. I said that Kesler would get the most return out of any current Canuck on the roster. You could argue that (theoretically, I'm not saying this is a trade I would make) the Canucks could trade Kesler for something along the lines of Ryan Johanssen++ (as in, at least a first rounder if not more). That's not a fair valuation of Kesler? You wouldn't take that deal if you were MG?

Let's be realistic- you're not trading Kesler for a stud number 1 D, or a stud up-and-comer young guy like MacKinnon/Duchene/Seth Jones/Ryan Murray in return. And MG won't trade him for another 2nd line center as Kesler is probably the best in the league (Pittsburg aside). Kesler is a very valuable piece to 29 teams, and MG could use that as leverage to get the best deal possible.

Lastly, I do whole-heartedly agree that the Canucks are better off with the Sedins at a lower cap hit than 7m, but I won't say they'll be more competitive with them gone. And I do agree that they need to put their young guys in spots to learn/succeed as opposed to what they're doing now.

Re the Sedins: we say that they're not worth it because of the funks they're in, but we likely wouldn't have said that if they continued their pace pre-contract-signing. I think the intangibles they bring to the team for younger guys to see is far more valuable than the cap space they take up. They almost single-handedly changed the culture of the team- setting an example for what's possibly the best-conditioned team in the NHL. (Yes you can laugh at me for saying that now, but there's anecdotes from free agents recently saying that they thought they were in shape, but were far behind what the Canucks set as a pace).
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2014, 10:26 PM   #10736
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
my vid from the 2014 WC

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2014, 12:40 AM   #10737
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
DANIEL SCORES

lawlssss
First in 2014

Last edited by Tim Budong; 02-19-2014 at 12:49 AM.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:08 AM   #10738
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Edler, top pairing dman on Swedish national team.

Must ... Trade ... For ... Unproven ... Winger ...
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2014, 07:02 AM   #10739
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Wow. that's lame of them. You should contact the arena or someone in tickets dept to inquire... It'd be cool to have the nice tickets as a collector/memories item
Old 02-19-2014, 09:02 AM   #10740
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
and ppl wonder why this thread sucks now, all smart ass remarks and no siggestions or proposals...CDC ain't so bad after all

remember don't state ur opinion..or else risk being attacked

we'll talk in 2017

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2014, 10:28 AM   #10741
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,233 Times in 266 Posts
Kristers Gudlevskis is a TBL prospect I knew they were deep in net but not this good, Gudlevskis (21 years old) Lindback (25 years old) and Bishop who might not be considered a prospect anymore but is having a great season and is only 27 years old
Old 02-19-2014, 12:05 PM   #10742
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
I wouldn't call Bishop a prospect anymore. He's showing that he can play as a number 1.

As for the Latvian goalie- he had one good game against an all-world team. He's currently the backup of his AHL team. I wouldn't exactly peg him as a blue-chipper.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:44 PM   #10743
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
With Bishop around, doesn't really matter. Gudlevskis will be trade bait down the road.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:25 PM   #10744

Did anyone here get the color copy of the heritage classic tickets?
Old 02-19-2014, 02:50 PM   #10745
Big Drama Show

Quote:
ya bro got 2 tix
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2014, 02:56 PM   #10746

Vasilevski > Bishop. Vasilevski is owning the KHL as a fucking 19-year-old.

Lindback sucks and has arthritis. He'll never be able to handle a heavy workload even if he improves his skills enough to be a starter.

Gudlevskis won't be anything. He's a mediocre backup in the AHL who had 15 minutes of fame.

Last edited by Jmac; 02-19-2014 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:25 PM   #10747
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
This probably only applied to season ticket holders.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:42 PM   #10748
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Vasilevski > Bishop. Vasilevski is owning the KHL as a fucking 19-year-old.

Lindback sucks and has arthritis. He'll never be able to handle a heavy workload even if he improves his skills enough to be a starter.

Gudlevskis won't be anything. He's a mediocre backup in the AHL who had 15 minutes of fame.
lololololol

Bishop is basically top 3 for every single goaltending stat out there right now. Dude's a stud candidate for Vezina
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-19-2014, 04:30 PM   #10749
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
MG should seriously just trade Booth for Ovechkin. I mean why not, it's just as likely to happen as everyone's proposals here.

C'mon MG, get 'er done.

edit: I feel bad. I just wanted to join in the Arm-Chair GM party.

Last edited by Noir; 02-19-2014 at 04:36 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:06 PM   #10750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
lololololol

Bishop is basically top 3 for every single goaltending stat out there right now. Dude's a stud candidate for Vezina
Posted via RS Mobile
So a guy who has never been a starter until this year, at age 27, and was traded twice in the last few years because he was 4th and 3rd on the depth chart respectively in St. Louis' (behind Halak, Elliott, and Allen) and Ottawa's (behind Anderson and Lehner) goaltending systems is going to be a superstar for the next 10 years but a guy who won WJC gold at age 17 with a .953 SV%, was playing in the KHL at age 18, and is a starter in the KHL with a .920 SV% at age 19 is worthy ... ?
Closed Thread