REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 05:01 PM   #10876
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
AV definitely caused a lot of problems with young talent, not to mention playing favourites all the damn time. Our only hope right now is that young kids can contribute before the current core group deteriorates to the point where they are no longer effective. The next 2-3 years are going to be tough to watch. If anyone thinks a single star player is going to dramatically change our current outlook.... keep dreaming.
Advertisement
Spoiler!
Old 02-24-2014, 05:06 PM   #10877
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Can we please ban duc_evo_sp from this thread?
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-24-2014, 05:08 PM   #10878
Banned By Establishment

YEAH ban me please!!!!
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-24-2014, 05:12 PM   #10879
Banned By Establishment

We don't trade our defense for offense, we are fucked!

Darthchilli, your a pos with no point of view and no opinion of anything about. Probably suck team 1040 dick if you could, Fuck face! Do you even play ice hockey? Fuck you and everything you do!
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-24-2014, 05:14 PM   #10880
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Look what you have done to this thread, Vancouver Canucks!!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 02-24-2014, 05:14 PM   #10881
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by duc_evo_sp View Post
We don't trade our defense for offense, we are fucked!

Darthchilli, your a pos with no point of view and no opinion of anything about. Probably suck team 1040 dick if you could, Fuck face! Do you even play ice hockey? Fuck you and everything you do!

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2014, 05:17 PM   #10882
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
I personally feel our defense is solid, if not one of the best in the league, when we're healthy. It can reasonably sustain 2-3 injuries and be fine. They're also locked up with term at good cap hits and are in their prime years. I see no reason to make major alterations to our defensive core, but we could afford to trade one of them realistically.

Our forwards are where we need changes and I've been saying it since the end of '11-'12. After the Sedins, Kesler, and Burrows, there's no supplemental scoring. And, of course, the Sedins and Burrows haven't contributed anything since December, which has killed us.

Trading one of our defenseman for an upgrade up front makes sense in some regards, but the conundrum is finding someone who actually plays well with Kesler ... and is under 30, has a good cap hit, and has term. It's borderline impossible to do. We've been trying for years to get someone to play with Kesler. Raymond and Samuelsson worked for a while before Raymond's back was broken and Samuelsson succumbed to age and injuries. He was also good with Sundin, but he only stuck around for half a season before retiring.

As much as I hate the thought of trading Kesler away, it makes some sense to trade Kesler and one of our top dmen for a younger duo who has known chemistry to fill our 2nd line and take over for the Sedins in a few years. It saves us from making a major move which may not work out the way we hope because that guy doesn't gel with Kesler.

There have been rumours in the past about Boston looking to trade David Krejci and Milan Lucic. They've been playing very well in Boston together for a few years now and are one of the top lines in the league (alongside Iginla). I would be very happy if we could swing Kesler and Edler for that duo. Both in their mid-20s, locked up with term, and both proven playoff performers. Their GM also isn't afraid of making a bold move like that, either.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2014, 05:23 PM   #10883
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,328 Times in 5,644 Posts
Anyone who brings up Grabner as a loss of prospect gtfo...
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-24-2014, 05:25 PM   #10884
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
This season's thread has been an entertaining read to say the least.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:28 PM   #10885
Banned By Establishment

Its better to have a debate rather than hoping praying that our team will get it together this year.

We use to have quick breakout, speedy transition, and passes always tape to tape. We should always be a puck possession team.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:35 PM   #10886
My homepage has been set to RS

Hoping for a rebuild/retool. Would also not mind Gillis getting canned.

Players to trade:

Kesler
Bieksa
Edler

I would also list Burrows but no one's touching that fat contract.
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-24-2014, 05:39 PM   #10887
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
Hoping for a rebuild/retool. Would also not mind Gillis getting canned.

Players to trade:

Kesler
Bieksa
Edler

I would also list Burrows but no one's touching that fat contract.
I want Brian Burke to be our Gm, He's got no BS meter.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2014, 05:42 PM   #10888

No way in hell Boston does Krejci and Lucic for Kesler and Edler

Krejci was their diesel engine for their two cup runs, their #1 undisputed center and they would get stuck with finding wingers with Kesler. They also wouldn't jeopardize the chemistry they have with their first line atm either.
Lucic only will be traded if there's a massive overpayment, and when the rest of the NHL realizes he is possibly up for grabs there might be a bidding war.

Where are these rumors of getting rid of Lucic coming from? I'm pretty sure if there were any it would be before he signed that fat contract; now hes secured. I would do it in a heart beat but it would be a simple "no" on the other side or they would ask to throw some other picks in. It's not like they're playing bad right now either, so it wouldn't make sense for them to have a massive shakeup like that. The whole league knows we're looking for trades so we lose some leverage there too

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2014, 05:42 PM   #10889
degenerate extraordinaire

I don't recall very many players on the Canucks who has/had amazing passing abilities. Sure, there may be a select few, but you make it sound like they all do.

You seem to be describing Detroit from a few years ago.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:50 PM   #10890
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
This thread gave me gyno
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-24-2014, 05:51 PM   #10891
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
No way in hell Boston does Krejci and Lucic for Kesler and Edler

Krejci was their diesel engine for their two cup runs, their #1 undisputed center and they would get stuck with finding wingers with Kesler. They also wouldn't jeopardize the chemistry they have with their first line atm either.
Lucic only will be traded if there's a massive overpayment, and when the rest of the NHL realizes he is possibly up for grabs there might be a bidding war.

Where are these rumors of getting rid of Lucic coming from? I'm pretty sure if there were any it would be before he signed that fat contract; now hes secured. I would do it in a heart beat but it would be a simple "no" on the other side or they would ask to throw some other picks in. It's not like they're playing bad right now either, so it wouldn't make sense for them to have a massive shakeup like that. The whole league knows we're looking for trades so we lose some leverage there too
They were both in trade rumours around the time Seguin was traded for Eriksson ... Which was like a couple of weeks after their most recent cup run. And they were also in trade rumours after their 2011 cup, too.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:55 PM   #10892

Quote:
Alex Edler 5 million + Mike Santorelli .5 milliion for Kyle Turris 3.5 million.

It's good for both teams, Edler plays with a puck moving/ offensive minded defenceman in Erik Karlsson. Elder's offense has diminished since Sami Salo has left. Thet get Santorelli who has alot of potential for having a break out year until he got injured. He's a Ontario boy too.

We get Kyle Turris who is young and can play with the Sedin's or Kesler.
Turris is a natural center so I'm not sure how he would fit in playing the wing with Kesler or the Sedins. IMO we only send Edler to Ottawa if it means we get someone like Lazar/Zbinny back but also based on the nature of their D corps right now they are LOADED with LHD, which means they would ship someone back. This means we probably might not get Zbinny, and we'll end up with two "B" list prospects or a "B" list and a pick which is something we probably won't be satisfied with

but in a real world I think most Canucks fans would take Zbinny + pick for Edler

Quote:
Roberto Luongo 5.3million+ David Booth 4.25 million = Florida 1st 2014

A change of teams for Luongo would be good for his career and David Booth needs to find his scoring touch with Florida again. Both Played for Florida. The Pather's Gm doesn't have to give up on future prospects for Luu and Booth. And Luu is locked up until he retires and grooms his backup.

Lack gets a 3 year 3 million deal.

Joacim Eriksson plays back up.

Joe Cannata plays back up.
They give up a potential first overall, lock for pretty much a top five pick for a goalie past his prime with a couple good seasons left in him and damaged goods? That would be absolute robbery for us.

Reinhart/Ekblad/Nylander/Draisaitl/Bennett would all look good in a Nucks uniform but we can wake up from our dream now

Quote:
Jason Garrision 4.6 million +Jordon Schroeder + 4th 2014 draft = David Perron 3.82 million

We get Perron a certified top 6 center for Sedin's or Kesler. They get a good prospect C in Schroeder and the complete their defense with Garrison.
We don't ship our D unless we're getting some absolute solid return, and there's no point shipping Garrison if we are shipping off Edler. Also to a division rival who desperately needs D means they would have to overpay.

Yakupov/Eberle or nothxjeff

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 02-24-2014, 06:01 PM   #10893
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
Turris is a natural center so I'm not sure how he would fit in playing the wing with Kesler or the Sedins. IMO we only send Edler to Ottawa if it means we get someone like Lazar/Zbinny back but also based on the nature of their D corps right now they are LOADED with LHD, which means they would ship someone back. This means we probably might not get Zbinny, and we'll end up with two "B" list prospects or a "B" list and a pick which is something we probably won't be satisfied with

but in a real world I think most Canucks fans would take Zbinny + pick for Edler

They give up a potential first overall, lock for pretty much a top five pick for a goalie past his prime with a couple good seasons left in him and damaged goods? That would be absolute robbery for us.

Reinhart/Ekblad/Nylander/Draisaitl/Bennett would all look good in a Nucks uniform but we can wake up from our dream now.

We don't ship our D unless we're getting some absolute solid return, and there's no point shipping Garrison if we are shipping off Edler. Also to a division rival who desperately needs D means they would have to overpay.

Yakupov/Eberle or nothxjeff
I don't think that Detroit will deal anyone for Edler.

I won't want Yakupov for a bang of pucks, I bet Yakupov will go play in the KHL when his deal is over.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:03 PM   #10894
Banned By Establishment

Vancouver Canucks

What a sick MASK!
Old 02-24-2014, 06:05 PM   #10895
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:

There is no healthy debate between members of this forum about the the Canucks
What you're spewing doesn't qualify as healthy in any world.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-24-2014, 06:07 PM   #10896
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
What you're spewing doesn't qualify as healthy in any world.
Posted via RS Mobile
WOW, great opinion! I can see you went real deep with this, can I have another?
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2014, 06:17 PM   #10897
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,328 Times in 5,644 Posts
Fuck Turris
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-24-2014, 06:20 PM   #10898
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Fuck Turris
Posted via RS Mobile
HEY!, your don't Fuck Turris!, Turris FUCKS YOU! lol
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-24-2014, 06:25 PM   #10899
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Nothing is gonna happen this trade deadline... The group just needs to mesh a little more... I remember this happening with AV then the next season, president's trophy!

I'll pass what i'm smoking to the next guy now...
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-24-2014, 06:31 PM   #10900
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
“We’d like to get a player to help [Ryan] Kesler, but you have to give up a lot,” Gillis told Team 1040 radio, per The Province. “If it’s not a rental player or a younger player, you look at your options. We might make hard decisions or none."
I'll lay money on it being the latter. GMMG has no balls, whether that's his nature or Aquaman neutered him is the question.
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread