REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #2051
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Speaking of Higgins, he came into DDMau a few times last fall with a decent looking blonde. He would order salad rolls only.
Advertisement
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #2052
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Similarly in basketball, the "scrubs" in NBA like Kwame Brown and Andrea Bargnani would absolutely DEMOLISH every single person in Vancouver. In a game of 2 on 2, first to 5 points wins. Any of us would lose 100 out of 100 games guaranteed.
Case in point, Brian Scalabrine, he's the bench warmers of bench warmers of the nba. Here he is taking on the challenge of facing the best recreational players from the boston area. An out of shape white red head to boot.

Here it is, 30 mins of ass pounding to the guys that called him out

This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #2053
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Honestly sometimes we think these guys are overpaid bums but they are really gifted athletes (although still overpaid lol).
When you watch them up close in person you really learn to appreciate the athletism and skill they possess. Not only would you not even touch the puck but you should already consider yourself lucky that you can survive a shift without someone like Lucic sending you to the hospital in a stretcher haha ...

In a shootout situation, I also highly doubt you would be able to score ANY at all vs any NHL-caliber goalie (not to mention an All-World like Lu). Not to knock your hockey skills, but I'm willing to bet that your wrist-shot would probably look like a slow-motion floater to him.

Similarly in basketball, the "scrubs" in NBA like Kwame Brown and Andrea Bargnani would absolutely DEMOLISH every single person in Vancouver. In a game of 2 on 2, first to 5 points wins. Any of us would lose 100 out of 100 games guaranteed.
I don't know how many of you have watched Pros vs Joes on Spike TV where retired pro athletes play against avg joes but even in this case while the athletes are like 40, they still pretty much shit kick people. These avg joes are also "athletic" looking guys who play sports too not some overwight 300lb dude.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #2054
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Everybody in this thread would probably get destroyed by Prab Rai

lolololol semi srs
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #2055
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,171 Times in 2,404 Posts
lol whatever happened to him?
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #2056
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
I'd let Priya Rai destroy me.

Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by DanHibiki; 08-09-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #2057
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
lol whatever happened to him?
He got dropped from the nucks unfortunately. He actually plays in the ASHL at TwinRinks Langley. I'm in the lowest div there, he is obviously in the top div. It is pretty fun watching those guys play. Kevin Sunder(Buffalo 3rd round pic) is in that div as well.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #2058
My homepage has been set to RS

poor guy. these guys have put so much of their youth and energy into hockey for the most part.

i hope that those who cant make it find a smooth transition into another field. and hopefully the skills/insights they have picked up playing so much organized sports can transition well

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
Old 08-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #2059
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
pretty sure Prab got into a car accident....pretty much hurt his development...similar to Sauve
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 08-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #2060
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Looks like he only plays Spring/Summer there.. I've never seen him at the rink.

44 pts in 10 games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Old 08-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #2061
Need my Daily Fix of RS

We're not talking basketball here, Nodnarb.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #2062
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
I've played with a few nhl guys in the past.
David Booth took a few shots on me, along with Colt Gillies. Both were perfect shooters. Colt helped me with the goalies, he would say "glove side top corner", and it would go there everytime. And their releases were so quick. I'm probably about 20% save percentage with an NHL guy. I played against Quintin Laing ( Calgary flames/ Heat) and he put 3 behind me, out of 6 shots he took.We still won 5-3, but it was close. He hit me with a one timer that made the crowd go "ooooooh!!!". ddnt evn faze mee.

bottom line, pros are the guys who win everytime. they are so much better than us, is not even funny. and I'm not talking about the local guy who has a point per game. were talking murder the ashl and any other local league if they want to.

evander kane played for my buddies top level ASHL team in Langley.
3 games - 3G and 3 assists - 6PTS.

not bad for a guy who didn't really try very hard in a league that is known to be stacked with lots of former whl, echl, qmjhl, and college players. I think he may have even left early.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #2063
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
If I was given a 45 second shift in the NHL, I would be leaving the ice on a stretcher for sure.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #2064
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobell View Post
Case in point, Brian Scalabrine, he's the bench warmers of bench warmers of the nba. Here he is taking on the challenge of facing the best recreational players from the boston area. An out of shape white red head to boot.

Here it is, 30 mins of ass pounding to the guys that called him out

Toucher & Rich's "Scallenge" - YouTube
Imagine going 1-on-1 with LeBron hahaha
The score would be like 200-0 and he wouldn't even break a sweat.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #2065
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
^ Funny how you mention childhood..

I was thinking today, it was a childhood dream of mine to take 10 penalty shots against an NHL goaltender.. back then I had all the confidence in the world and thought I would score no problem. My dad told me I was crazy, and he was right, I was 12. Took 10 years off hockey between the ages of 15-25 and have been playing the past 7 seasons. I wonder how many I would get in, if any, today.

Lu is clearly not the best in shootouts (although I was 9 rows right behind him when he stoned Crosby several years ago, EPIC) and I honestly think I'd get at least 1 in, maybe 2.. no offence to Lu, I think I'd get one in on any NHL goalie.

I just think it would be neat to see how much net he would take up as I skate down and look for a hole. Some goalies just seem to cover the entire net and I'm sure Lu would be even more intimidating than anyone I've ever played against... still, I'm fairly confident I'd get 1 or 2 in.. it would be awesome if I could somehow live out my childhood dream and take 10 against him.

/fantasy
Interestingly I've never even had the thought.

I know of, and have played with some Junior A throw-back guys (recreationally in a pick up) and the amount of skill they possess already blows me away; and I consider myself to be a pretty decent recreational ice hockey player.

Since they have been my barometer of skill, I can't even begin to fathom what skill WHL, AHL, or at NHL throwbacks have, let alone guys who make the cut.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:08 PM   #2066
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Forget about bottom of the barrel NHL players, majority of us won't even keep up in DIV 1 ASHL. Nothing but Ex-semi pro's and Major JR players.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:13 AM   #2067
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Imagine going 1-on-1 with LeBron hahaha
The score would be like 200-0 and he wouldn't even break a sweat.
How bout playing hockey agonists lebron? We can prob beat him!
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 08-10-2013, 02:25 AM   #2068
nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
David Booth took a few shots on me, along with Colt Gillies. Both were perfect shooters. Colt helped me with the goalies, he would say "glove side top corner", and it would go there everytime. And their releases were so quick. I'm probably about 20% save percentage with an NHL guy. I played against Quintin Laing ( Calgary flames/ Heat) and he put 3 behind me, out of 6 shots he took.We still won 5-3, but it was close. He hit me with a one timer that made the crowd go "ooooooh!!!". ddnt evn faze mee.

bottom line, pros are the guys who win everytime. they are so much better than us, is not even funny. and I'm not talking about the local guy who has a point per game. were talking murder the ashl and any other local league if they want to.

not bad for a guy who didn't really try very hard in a league that is known to be stacked with lots of former whl, echl, qmjhl, and college players. I think he may have even left early.
Funny enough, first team I looked up and it was your buddy's team with Evander on it.

Adult Safe Hockey League
Old 08-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #2069
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:

Agreed. There is no way a beer leaguer can keep up with an NHLer
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 08-10-2013, 09:39 AM   #2070
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
Agreed. There is no way a beer leaguer can keep up with an NHLer
Posted via RS Mobile
I can keep up with an NHLer on the XBOX
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #2071

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
I keep missing Jarome Iginla, he was in my store 3 times this past week, and I always happen to be off.
A couple of my staff got some picks, and got him to sign some Calgary and Boston stuff for him.
He apparently plays hockey w/ one of my staff in the Summer at the Okanagan training rink.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 08-10-2013, 11:04 AM   #2072

Oh, in case you guys were wondering, u came in to buy hockey sticks, I don't know what he bought exactly, but he didn't buy the iginla curve haha
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 08-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #2073

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
He goes to Richmond Sportchek to buy sticks?

Old 08-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #2074

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
He goes to Richmond Sportchek to buy sticks?

Vernon....I haven't worked at richmond for 2 years
Do miss that store though...see more RS'ers there haha
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #2075
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
even if your sole goal was just to touch the puck it probably wouldnt happen
When I play out, 2/3 of my shifts I don't touch the puck and that is low tier beer league lol. But I'm a stay at home d-man so its ok.

Quote:
In a shootout situation, I also highly doubt you would be able to score ANY at all vs any NHL-caliber goalie (not to mention an All-World like Lu). Not to knock your hockey skills, but I'm willing to bet that your wrist-shot would probably look like a slow-motion floater to him.
As a novice goalie, I've found that many times stopping noobs on a shootout is harder that stopping guys who can play. Noobs release shots at weird times making them hard to read, their stickhandling is unpredictable, and they usually don't aim or their shots go nowhere near where they aim so you can't read their body language to see what they are trying to do.

Quote:
He hit me with a one timer that made the crowd go "ooooooh!!!". ddnt evn faze mee.
Well put, 95% of the time when I make a 'great' save its because the player hit me and my equipment and missed the open part of the net on a good scoring opportunity. But hey, you have to have good angles and read the play well to be in the right position at the right time, right?
Closed Thread