REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #3651
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
OK from now on whenever they lose, we can just say they're saving it for the playoffs

(btw they aren't making it to the playoffs this year)
So the same team that was 8th in the league last year that made no major changes won't even finish in the top 8 in a weakened Western Conference?

Advertisement
Old 10-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #3652
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Gillis is all talk and lack of substance when it comes to backing up his claim to "reset" the team. Where is the top 6 forward who's going to bring more goals, more offense to this team?

IMO, Aquilini should have done the reset by firing AV and Gillis. Bring in a general manager who actually knows how to build a championship calibre team with offensive depth.

Gillis should have been part of the "reset" by being let go.
You're on crack bro
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #3653
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,123 Posts
The reset thing is BS. They should have cleaned house in the off-season. This team is what it is: a bubble playoff team. Aquilini should focus on his property business and let the Canucks tank for a few years and make a run in 2017/2018. The Canucks brand is already in the shitter anyway.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 10-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #3654
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
wow classic past two pages....

just gonna have to wait and see if we get mauled by the Coilers tomorrow
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-04-2013, 10:00 AM   #3655
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Well this upcoming draft is the weakest by far... that's why we should just try our best to see if we can make it into the playoffs with this core. If not, let see if the sedins want a shot at the cup or stay with the canucks for the rebuild.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #3656

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HachiSix View Post
LOL, How quickly your tune has changed. Just a couple of posts ago the Sedins were your answer, now the team is hopeless.
Read my previous post carefully. I made a comparison between the Sedins and Kessel to say that the twins are better players than Kessel.

-never did say the twins were the answer to the Canucks offence.

Am I the only guy on RS who thinks that Gillis should not be the GM of the Canucks?? The team is hopeless because this idiot cannot build a championship contending team properly.

MG is the reason that this team's degree of playoff success is less than stellar for the past two seasons. He is hopeless!!

It's crystal clear that our second line's offence is sputtering because we do not have a playmaking centre there. Kesler is a power forward that likes to shoot first, past second. Torts should convert him to be a winger.

The problem is that MG doesn't have the cap room, or the managerial skills to make a "bold move" to get a quality playmaking centre to bolster our offence.

Therefore, you have Kesler playing centre, to be the playmaker.

He acquired Derek Roy. -didn't fit into the team's salary cap because D. Roy wanted too much money. He's got to do better than getting a Derek Roy though.

Last edited by pastarocket; 10-04-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #3657

He already built a championship team.. 4 goals away that's more than 95% of the GM's out there have done don't know what more you can ask
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 10-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #3658
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

^Lol, Derek Roy was a failure as a Canuck, we wouldn't want him even if he came cheap.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #3659

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
He already built a championship team.. 4 goals away that's more than 95% of the GM's out there have done don't know what more you can ask
Posted via RS Mobile
What more can I ask for? How about the team winning one game in the first round of the playoffs? -winning one playoff round would be even better.

2011 is history. This team has done nothing in the post season recently.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #3660

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
wow oh wow. we lost the first out of 82 games and everyones saying to blowup this team. When did RS become CDC?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #3661
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile
That championship contending team was more Dave Nonis' team than MG's. All MG did was resign them.

Found this article that covers MG's transaction history. Hardly call any of them ground-breaking other than Dan Hamhuis and a few questionable role players.
The transaction history of Mike Gillis, has he made the right moves? | Vancity Buzz | Vancouver Events, News, Food, Lifestyle and More
This post thanked by:
Old 10-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #3662
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Read my previous post carefully. I made a comparison between the Sedins and Kessel to say that the twins are better players than Kessel.

-never did say the twins were the answer to the Canucks offence.
Outside of the Kessel comparison, we were discussing the Sedins and big/clutch goals. In this post, you were harsh touting them.
http://www.revscene.net/forums/68558...ml#post8330796

Now all of sudden Canucks can't score and we don't have clutch scoring lol? If you had such praise wouldn't you have hope that the Sedins will save the day?
Old 10-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #3663

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
wow oh wow. we lost the first out of 82 games and everyones saying to blowup this team. When did RS become CDC?
Posted via RS Mobile
I dont think that's the problem here. The problem is we are playing with the same core that exit the playoffs twice in the quarterfinals.

Sedin's are still elite talent but there's nothing magical in our players like they had in 2011

The red wings quickly revamped their 2nd line and their entire roster looks pretty stacked.
http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/l...roit-red-wings
Old 10-04-2013, 11:01 AM   #3664
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Sounds like the sky is falling.

I don't know what Gillis is going to do, but if he resigns the Sedins, how much of a reset do you honestly think will happen?

The top four dmen are locked in for a while as is the rest of the core. Unless he moves any of these assets, its going to be the same team and fillers in the bottom of the line-up. The Sedins have made it clear that they want to retire as Canucks. Can you do a reset if you sign them for another 4-5 years?

Would the Sedins want to be part of a youth movement if Gillis truly went in that direction? Maybe they would ask for a trade to a contender and Gillis could get a return of high picks and younger players.

I see much the same team if the Sedins resign. Not knocking them, I love them, but unless Gillis moves other assets the team will look the same for the next 3-4 years.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #3665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
That championship contending team was more Dave Nonis' team than MG's. All MG did was resign them.

Found this article that covers MG's transaction history. Hardly call any of them ground-breaking other than Dan Hamhuis and a few questionable role players.
The transaction history of Mike Gillis, has he made the right moves? | Vancity Buzz | Vancouver Events, News, Food, Lifestyle and More
The whole nonis thing is a crock of shit, every team is 4-5 role players away from making a deep run, the job of the GM is to fill those spots with players who effectively slot into those roles

Nonis signing rentals like smolinski, Bulis, etc the plugs of all plugs

Nonis wagered picks that people are crying about not being there on terrible players who didn't get us past the first round, Gillis was the only one to make the push to get passed and even that came down to an overtime game 7 goal..
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 10-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #3666
Need to Seek Professional Help

this thread is http://www.revscene.net/CDC
This post thanked by:
Old 10-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #3667

watch the canucks win their next game 4-0 or 5-2, then all these people will be like omg so much depth on this team, omg booth back to form 30goal 3rd liner we are stacked!! 1 game in, and you are all hopping off the bandwagon
Old 10-04-2013, 11:18 AM   #3668
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
everyone's more fickle than a 12 yr old girl itt.
1989 BMW 525i
2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
2006 Mazda 3
2008 Jeep Liberty
2003 Infiniti G35
1995 Eagle Talon
1984 Chevrolet Corvette
1981 Pontiac Trans Am
1992 BMW 535i
Old 10-04-2013, 11:18 AM   #3669
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Lol at labelling Kesler a power forward. Do you even hockey?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #3670

No bandwagon jumper here. I've supported this team since I watched my first Canucks game back in the day at Pacific Coliseum. -still remember the game was a 4-2 win over Winnipeg in 1983.
I've seen my share of disappointments with the '94 Cup run and the 2011 Cup run.
I am a Canucks fan for life.

if the team wins against the Oilers on Saturday, it does not change my assessment of this team's roster. Either our players outperform beyond our expectations this season or Gillis will need to pull a rabbit out of a hat to get a true sniper to get our offence going.

If only we had a Pavel Bure like player, a game breaker on this team. :-(
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #3671
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Btw Burr is injured

Feelsgoodman
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #3672

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
Posted via RS Mobile
To be fair, I personally called for a house cleaning in last season's thread at the end of last season. I'm merely reiterating what I still believe.

This team will compete for a playoff spot, but it will not make any noise in the playoffs. Sure, it ensures that the naïve keep buying tickets, but it doesn't lead to hardware which IMHO will elevate the Canucks brand for decades to come.

Championship-calibre teams around here come once in a generation. Our window is closed. Blow it up.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #3673
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
ESPN Players poll, pretty small sample size, 30 players, but interesting

NHL players speak anonymously on realignment, PEDs and goalie pads - ESPN The Magazine - ESPN
This post thanked by:
Old 10-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #3674

Resign sedins with a huge home town discount promise them the world then trade their asses teams will be drooling at the value and we'll look bad ass!
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #3675

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Resign sedins with a huge home town discount promise them the world then trade their asses teams will be drooling at the value and we'll look bad ass!
Posted via RS Mobile
Probably will have a NTC included...

They're expected to re-sign for 7M~